HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 07:36 PM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Line Combos

What I would like to see, if Somik returns on Saturday (which is a good possibility.

Recchi - Roenick - Amonte
Gagne - Handzus - Williams
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
LeClair - Lapointe - Somik

Don't mess with the top line.

LeClair is starting to struggle again, and Gagne is picking it up. 9 points in essentially 11 games, and that's play with stone hands #1 (Primeau) & stone hands #2 (Kapanen).

Put Brash back on the 3rd line, the one Hitch wanted together from the beginning.

Nice looking 4th line, that can even generate some offense, and should cycle the puck nicely.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:08 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

looks about right those lines, Leclair hasn't really done anything since the first few games back. I'd like to see Somik on the wing with Primeau and Kapanen, but it won't happen

Old
11-14-2003, 06:15 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
LeClair is useless on our 4th Line and IMO should stick with Handzus and Williams. That line has chemistry and it has to do with each player playing a different role. Handzus is the defensive player, Williams is the feisty guy and basically the playmaker, and LeClair plants himself in front of the net to harass the defensemen and the goalie. I don't think Gagne would fit well on that line and I think we should keep him down on the 3rd line as a shut down player and give him plenty of PP time until he gets scoring enough to be placed up on the first line in place of Recchi. I would like to see the lines like this with the addition of Somik.

Recchi-Roenick-Amonte (keep it going until they stop producing)
LeClair-Handzus-Williams
Gagne-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Lapointe-Somik

I think we should give Lapointe a few more games and if he doesn't start to return to his original form at the beginning of the season maybe we should rotate him and Chouinard at Center on the 4th Line.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Kyonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Recchi-Roenick-Amonte (keep it going until they stop producing)
LeClair-Handzus-Williams
Gagne-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Lapointe-Somik
Agreed. I wouldn't do anything to change the top 3 lines, at least until that stop producing. The Flyers are 4th in the NHL in goals per game and last night they once again got goals from each of the top 3 lines.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:23 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
I don't think Gagne would fit well on that line and I think we should keep him down on the 3rd line as a shut down player and give him plenty of PP time until he gets scoring enough to be placed up on the first line in place of Recchi. I would like to see the lines like this with the addition of Somik.
Gagne-Handzus-Williams played together all preseaon, and were our best line.

Things only changes when LeClair couldn't play with Roenick & Amonte. They moved Gagne up to that line, Recchi took that spot after he got hurt.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:39 AM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Gagne-Handzus-Williams played together all preseaon, and were our best line.

Things only changes when LeClair couldn't play with Roenick & Amonte. They moved Gagne up to that line, Recchi took that spot after he got hurt.
I think they should be given a few mores games. If LeClair isn't gonna produce on our second line what is expected of him of the 4th line? We should just scratch him then and bring up Boyd Kane again. Having Gagne and Williams on the same line isn't a good idea anymore IMO because both are still small and can get pushed around and Handzus isn't the most physical player. We are on a 5 games winning streak why change the lines at all? If we move LeClair it could screw up chemistry all over.

Old
11-15-2003, 12:09 PM
panayiotis

Sing it Big John

We need to get Gags going. Primeau is killing him. Leclair 's play has really fallen off and Willy and Handzus are being held back. Has anybody noticed we only have one line producing consitantly at the moment?

Old
11-15-2003, 08:17 PM
easton122

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
We need to get Gags going. Primeau is killing him. Leclair 's play has really fallen off and Willy and Handzus are being held back. Has anybody noticed we only have one line producing consitantly at the moment?
Has anyone noticed we have won our last 6 games?

Old
11-15-2003, 10:20 PM
augster

Quote:
Has anyone noticed we have won our last 6 games?
Indeed. And if it ain't broke...

Old
11-16-2003, 02:53 AM
Kyonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
They once again got goals from each of the top 3 lines, they're 4th in scoring, why would you want to mess with that?

Old
11-16-2003, 03:13 AM
Kyonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonn
They once again got goals from each of the top 3 lines, they're 4th in scoring, why would you want to mess with that?
Check that, they are 3rd in scoring and 3rd in defense plus they lead the league in goal differenial and are 2nd in points. Why would anyone want to change anything right now?

Old
11-16-2003, 09:06 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

i like the Gagne-Primeau-Kapanen line, they can shut down opposing big lines with speed on the wings (gagne took 2nd in the speed contest in his all star game appearance and kapanen won his the year before) and power up the middle, and they can score as we saw last night

Old
11-16-2003, 10:13 AM
panayiotis

gags ready

I think he is ready to explode. The team is kicking ass. So maybe you dont touch a thing.

Closed Thread