HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Am I the only one who's never really liked Zednik?

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Shazbot

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who's never really liked Zednik?

He has to be the most uncreative player on the top 3 lines. He's soooo predictable. When he's not scoring, he's no better than Audette, Savage, or Rucinsky at their worst.

Edit: Yes, of course I loved him in the playoffs in 2002, but he was a different player then.

Don't you think we should trade players like Zednik before players like Dackell? A guy like Dackell, whose purpose on the team is a defensive one, never seems to hurt the team because he's always playing with determination and intelligence. On the other hand, if a guy in Zednik's position isn't scoring, he is hurting you.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Try to tell me you didn't like him the playoffs against Boston.. 8 points in 4 games, he was awesome. But he's definitly slumping now.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Zednikfan20

I hope the REAL Richard will show up to play soon

Old
11-13-2003, 04:44 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
Am I the only one who's never really liked Zednik? He has to be the most uncreative player on the top 3 lines. He's soooo predictable. When he's not scoring, he's no better than Audette, Savage, or Rucinsky at their worst.
No. While I don't dislike him, I've never really liked him. He is pretty overrated by a lot of Habs fans, but oh well. Let's just hope he starts scoring though.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:52 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
He has to be the most uncreative player on the top 3 lines. He's soooo predictable. When he's not scoring, he's no better than Audette, Savage, or Rucinsky at their worst.
Same here. I never really liked him as a player, as I figured out from the start he was a selfish player, but I must say I used to like his determination and his desire at some time. The problem is, he's not showing this emotion on the ice anymore. No emotion, no creativity, no *good* shots on goal, no nothing. Actually, I think he's the one that's always messing up with the attack when Saku's line is in the offensive zone. Never thought I'd say that, but I think he's useless for us right now, and he's killing us more than anything else on the first line.

Sending him in the stands for a while might make him realize MAYBE he should wake up and score goals... remember, that thing he is paid for.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:10 PM
habsfan19

Quote:
yeah he's a Rucinsky now that I think about it

Old
11-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Habs

Quote:
You loved him last year, I bet.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Habber

Well if nobody else will stand up for Zed I will. He's been one of my favorite Habs the last two seasons. He skates hard, goes to the net hard and puts pucks in the net. He's an exciting player to watch and this is the first time really since he's been here that he's played this poorly.

He's slumping right now, but so if everyone else short of Souray, Saks and Begin.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
yeah he's a Rucinsky now that I think about it
Lol thats a funny one
Did you ever see Rucunsky play with passion or be involved in a fight?
Weak opinion there.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:59 PM
oli500

I will be another fan that stands up for zednik. You know 2 days ago I was really disapointed with zednik's play at late. But I came to realize that it is not his fault that hes been strugelin leately. Look at Bulis. From what we fought and what he said at the begining of the season he would have a breakout year. But only 1 goal to show for. Same with hossa,ryder,even ribeiro has not been doing anything lately. It all has to do with the "difensive system" that julien usses. This system is hurting these players because they cant express them self on the ice and allways has to go back on defense. These players are creative players and by julien using that trap or whatever you call it makes those creative players seem invisible on the ice and therefore you dont see the intensity that zednik brings every game. I am frankly tired of this system and have to let the players use theire creativity on the ice because like I said in the other post if I am going to buy a 85 $ ticket I dont whant to see a 1-0 game. I wrette have the habs loose 6-4 or 5-3 than seing a one goal game.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:59 PM
habsfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Lol thats a funny one
Did you ever see Rucunsky play with passion or be involved in a fight?
Weak opinion there.
did you ever see Zednik do it?

Old
11-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
did you ever see Zednik do it?
Have you watched the 2002 playoffs at all???

Old
11-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Inertiatic

Jesus Christ, some of you aren't too bright. When a player is slupping he's worse than Rucinsky, then when he scores a couple he's a Messiah. There's a happy medium you should explore. I just love how everyone suddenly changes their thoughts on the team, coaching and management in a span of a month. It's incredible.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Dutchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koivu4ever
Jesus Christ, some of you aren't too bright. When a player is slupping he's worse than Rucinsky, then when he scores a couple he's a Messiah. There's a happy medium you should explore. I just love how everyone suddenly changes their thoughts on the team, coaching and management in a span of a month. It's incredible.
Hehehe... That's Montreal for you!

Old
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
i agree with you, thats the problem of 70 % of the guys here.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

Welcome to Montreal!!! Oh wait........

Old
11-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Dutchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Welcome to Montreal!!! Oh wait........
That's my line!

Old
11-13-2003, 07:46 PM
sergevlem

petrov

he just needs the great Oleg...where is petrov when we need him

Old
11-13-2003, 07:52 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
The fact of the matter is tha Zednik is a player who is capable of scoring goals if he wants to but he is showing that he is very selfish and lazy this year. For God's sake!!! Stop hooking and start skating! And how bout passing the puck more?

Old
11-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
That's my line!

Sorry about that, I had a few replies going on at the same time. Although it is a sentiment that can't be used to much as of late.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
8b

I never like his keep the puck attitude and still doesn't. He have some qualities, it is certain, but his lack of team play make him worthless on the first line IMO. Koivu haven't first line material teammates...

Old
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
tinyzombies

Let's face it, he's a dummy. He has no vision, no creativity, no hockey sense, no passing skills, his defense is average, he's too small to play the power forward game he dreams of (which makes him stupid as well), his big shot is no good because he doesn't know how to set it up, he doesn't get open, he's only average at keeping the puck alive on the boards as well.

At least he's ditched that stupid wrap-around move.

I can't stand watching players with no hockey sense.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Let's face it, he's a dummy. He has no vision, no creativity, no hockey sense, no passing skills, his defense is average, he's too small to play the power forward game he dreams of (which makes him stupid as well), his big shot is no good because he doesn't know how to set it up, he doesn't get open, he's only average at keeping the puck alive on the boards as well.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:43 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves

I think you are being a bit harsh on Zed...our 31 goal scorer of last season. There is still a ton of games left in the season......lets not give up on this guy so quickly. I agree he has no passing skills.....but he is not that bad creativity. He does play with grit and is physical sometimes which is good. Right now he is lacking confidence, and needs a goal of any kind to get him energized. Good skater, good hands, but more hockey sense would be nice like you said

Old
11-14-2003, 05:24 AM
Mike8

Let's put it this way: when I proposed Zednik should be traded in the offseason, I don't recall any one person agreeing with me.

With that said, I still like the game Zednik brings. He's inconsistent and always has been, but he's strong along the boards, got a great work ethic off the ice and some outstanding natural lower body strength. Not bad defensively, either. Sure, he lacks creativity. In the past, Zednik's success has always been a result of hard work, strength and speed. Right now, he's not working so he's not having the level of success we expect.

It's that simple. There's bigger problems in Montreal (see: Audette, Perreault and co.) than Zednik right now. Stick either Ryder or Hossa with Koivu and Zednik and I think we'd see a strong line.

Closed Thread