HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parrish Rumors/Speculation Continue

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
What would it take to get Parrish in LA?
Yes. And what exactly are the Isles looking for in return?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value

Frolov!

Grebeshekov!

Y'know, all the prospects/youth that LA would be nuts to trade

Old
11-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
I'm a Devils fan and I don't particularlly like the Isles, so it is not like I'm being a homer here:

I'd take Aucion over Redden in a split second and wouldn't think twice. Honestly.

They both have Heavy shots from the point. But Aucion has a Much harder shot.

Aucion scores about as many points a year as Redden does (slightly less, but Redden plays on a much better team also).

But Redden CAN NOT play the physical game Aucion can.

You combine a physical D-man with some scoring touch that is extremely valuable to me. Much more so than a PP quarterback or a rushing the puck type D-man. They are a dime a dozen. But a D-man who plays a nasty physical game and can be one of the better scores on your team is much more rare.

I'd take Aucion.
Neither player is an elite offense talent. Aucoin has a heavy shot from the point, but Redden is the better playmaker (although you have to be impressed by Aucoin so far this season, he is showing far more offensive creativity then in the past).

Neither player is particularly physical. Aucoin does not back down, but he does not initiate much either. Maybe a better way to look at Aucoin is that he is inconsistent in terms of physical play. Some nights he is a force, rubbing guys out along the boards and in open ice. Other nights, he seems to be relying entirely on the poke check.

Redden is tough in his own way, but also isn't a hitter. I think both player rely more on finese than physical play, although neither is close to being soft.

In terms of positioning, skating, and just plain old hockey smarts, I'd have to give the node to Redden.

And, frankly, I think on some nights, Kenny J. is a better dman than either guy.

I love the Isles current top four, but I would take Ottawa's over ours.

As for the topic for the thread: I see one of two scenarios. If the Isles truely do want to engage in a salary dump (which is possible) then I think you can look to the Cory Stillman deal for guidance. The deal will likely involve a second round pick and a decent prospect.

If the Isles aren't in a rush to dump salary, none of the deals posted above are likely (or even close to likely).

11-14-2003, 10:06 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19

Local beatwriters are saying the isles are talking to the Hawks and Thrashers about Parrish.

Maybe Hawk and Thrasher fans have read some names being mentioned?

Gotta be young and cheap.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
I'm a huge Islanders fan but I'd take both Ottawas and New Jerseys' top 4 over the Islanders six out of seven days a week. The only reason I'd take the Isles on the 7th day is because Scott Stevens is 8,000 years old.
Agreed, without question.

Except that for a seven game playoff series, I'd still rather have Stevens (and Neidemayer) on my backline than any Dman on either team. For "8,000 y/o" Scott remains a better player than a majority of NHL backliners. Production/performance > age.

Crew, see my post starting this thread for trade ideas. Still awaiting thoughts from fans of those teams.

PS - Parrish for Kloucek and a #2 (which will be high) is not garbage, considering that the Isles may be compromised in any deal, as they are the one needing to move contracts. Kloucek is a huge question mark at this point, but he also is talented. The pick would be solid. I'd first inquire about Parrish + #2 straight up any of those team's #1. That may sound somewhat similar to the Fedetenko deal that was roundly detested here (except by Philly fans :p ), but Atlanta's (and possibly's Chicago's) draft position in '04 may very well be mid-round, whereas Tampa Bay's was #4. Plus Parrish is a proven commodity; whereas Fedetenko was not.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:18 AM
JimEIV

All I know is Redden cost Ottawa a trip to the Cup finals. He blew it on Friesen.

After that he fell way low on my personal depth chart.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:34 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Maybe Hawk and Thrasher fans have read some names being mentioned?

Gotta be young and cheap.
Haven't heard any names yet. I would think a prospect and a pick would do it. The Thrashers do have decent young forward depth is the system with Karl Stewart, Simon Gamache, Kamil Piros, and what Thrashers trade topic would be complete without the much maligned Patty Stefan.

Defensively you have Exelby(who most Thrashers fans feel is untouchable), Joe DiPenta, Kirill Safronov, Ilya Nikulin, Daniel Tjarnqvist, and Kurtis Foster.

Hurme and Dafoe are here, but I doubt the Isles have much interest.

Waddell has also been talking about moving next years #1, I do not know what the value of that pick would be in November though.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Trottier
Very Random

How is Safronov progressing? (Or is he?)

Old
11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
All I know is Redden cost Ottawa a trip to the Cup finals. He blew it on Friesen.

After that he fell way low on my personal depth chart.
Actually it was a case of miscommunication with the other defenseman (forget who) -- they each thought the other was going to take Friesen, and both hestitated, which allowed Friesen just enough of an opportunity to score that heartbreaking goal. But I don't think it was Redden's fault, really, not anymore than his partner's.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
PS - Parrish for Kloucek and a #2 (which will be high) is not garbage, considering that the Isles may be compromised in any deal, as they are the one needing to move contracts. Kloucek is a huge question mark at this point, but he also is talented. The pick would be solid. I'd first inquire about Parrish + #2 straight up any of those team's #1. That may sound somewhat similar to the Fedetenko deal that was roundly detested here (except by Philly fans :p ), but Atlanta's (and possibly's Chicago's) draft position in '04 may very well be mid-round, whereas Tampa Bay's was #4. Plus Parrish is a proven commodity; whereas Fedetenko was not.
I think that a team like the Hawks would be criminal if they made a deal like that. Which probably means that TSN is about to report that very deal.

I think that the Fedetenko deal was a HUGE, HUGE brain-fart by Dudley, and you can't reasonably expect another GM (except Pulford) to be that butt-stupid. That's like the people that post stupid trade with the Isles because Milbury has a history of screwing the pooch. It's one of those things that can't be denied, but shouldn't be counted on.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:01 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
Actually it was a case of miscommunication with the other defenseman (forget who) -- they each thought the other was going to take Friesen, and both hestitated, which allowed Friesen just enough of an opportunity to score that heartbreaking goal. But I don't think it was Redden's fault, really, not anymore than his partner's.
Or Havlat not backchecking.

And Niedermayer not a top pairing defenceman ? He is just 1 step below the elite of the league(Pronger, Lidstrom) IMO. Nieds is deffinatly the best out of those 3 teams and probably the best out of the entire east.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:51 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
I think that the Fedetenko deal was a HUGE, HUGE brain-fart by Dudley, and you can't reasonably expect another GM (except Pulford) to be that butt-stupid.

Wasn't it Feaster that traded Pitkanen for Fedetenko?

Old
11-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns

Yup.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Voynich

Hmmm... could there be a possible 3-way trade coming up now that Thibault is down.

Perhaps something moving one of the Thrasher's goalies to Chicago and Chicago moving an assett to the Island that would send Parrish back to Atlanta?

Perhaps I'll cook up a proposal a bit later.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
I think that a team like the Hawks would be criminal if they made a deal like that. Which probably means that TSN is about to report that very deal.
One guesses that you are counting on the Hawks to have an early selection (top 10) come next June, correct? For if they were somehow to have a respectable regular season and as a result draft, say 15th-20th, that deal potentially takes on a different look, IMO.

Hawks need a short-term stop-gap vet goalie now that JT is out? How about Snow? Not going to win you the Cup :p , but his contract is up after this season (I believe) and the asking price would be right (say, a 5th rounder). Isles would be only more than happy to dump yet more salary, one guesses. :mad:

Old
11-14-2003, 04:58 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns
and I believe he did this under orders from ownership, who did not want to pay the $4 million dollars a year it costs for a very high draft pick rookie, given the performance bonuses are so easy to hit.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
If mediocre is 8-5-2 with players hurt such as Scatch and Weinie then what is not mediocre. By the way so far your predictions on Hunter being nothing but a career AHL'r and Czerkawski being a bad signing are superb, any other predictions I need to make some money....

Yeah, I predict you are a moron.

It is nice to finally get one correct.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
and I believe he did this under orders from ownership, who did not want to pay the $4 million dollars a year it costs for a very high draft pick rookie, given the performance bonuses are so easy to hit.

That is a really sensible explanation for that deal, and also scary from an NHL perspective.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
One guesses that you are counting on the Hawks to have an early selection (top 10) come next June, correct? For if they were somehow to have a respectable regular season and as a result draft, say 15th-20th, that deal potentially takes on a different look, IMO.

Hawks need a short-term stop-gap vet goalie now that JT is out? How about Snow? Not going to win you the Cup :p , but his contract is up after this season (I believe) and the asking price would be right (say, a 5th rounder). Isles would be only more than happy to dump yet more salary, one guesses. :mad:
Trots, I really think the Hawks could end up with a bottom 5 pick. From a straight talent perspective, only the Pens started the season in worse shape IMO. I fear that Pulford might do something crazy like move some assets for a stop gap replacement for T-Bo, and some more established scoring help.

Realistically, as soon as the Hawks lose T-Bo, the season's toast. Add in Daze & Zhamnov missing big chunks of time, and the Hawks should just give the time to the kids.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Slowe

Per the chicago tribune:

The Blackhawks did not put a claim in for center Jason Wiemer when he was placed on waivers, but they had been talking to the Islanders about a deal that involved Wiemer, Hawks general manager Bob Pulford said Friday.

Pulford said Wiemer was part of a "bigger deal" the two teams were negotiating, and that trade hinged on Wiemer clearing waivers.

Minnesota claimed Wiemer, and his $1.6 million salary, Thursday. For the Islanders, Wiemer had a goal and four points so far this season.

Pulford said he's still talking with Islanders GM Mike Milbury about a possible trade. It's believed the Islanders are looking to dump some salary and may want to move defenseman Eric Cairns and winger Mark Parrish

Old
11-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I wouldn't be surprised to see Parrish end up in Atlanta. They're still looking for a scoring forward with Savard and Heatley out, and it looks as if their involvement in the Comrie sweepstakes have tapered since their rumored asking price was Coburn +. I could see the Thrashers making a pitch for Parrish.

~Canucklehead~

11-15-2003, 06:19 AM
Jiggs

I think Brent Seabrook would be a reasonable return for Parrish .

Old
11-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs
I think Brent Seabrook would be a reasonable return for Parrish .

prefer Anton Babchuk or Radulov

Old
11-15-2003, 06:57 AM
Jiggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
prefer Anton Babchuk or Radulov
Wouldnt mind him either.

I wonder if Milbury would go after a player on the Hawks roster right now... Mark Bell. He would save a million and get production and grit from a budding power forward.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:00 AM
Jiggs

Hawks, Islanders set to deal

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story.a...nhl-blackhawks

One source tells the Daily Herald that Chicago has expressed interest in one of the Islanders' top defencemen, either Janne Niinimaa or Roman Hamerlik. Islanders GM Mike Milbury is said to be lukewarm about dealing either of them at this point.

Looks like talks of a bigger salary dump (trade) are heating up...

Closed Thread