HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Expect a Tkachuk suspension soon...

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 07:13 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Expect a Tkachuk suspension soon...

About half way through the 2nd period after the whistle, Tkachuk skated over to a San Jose dman... he tried to push the player in the chest with his stick, but the dman raised up his arms forcing the stick up and into his own face.

The end result was him laying on the ice for a good 2 or 3 minutes (and not missing a shift). But, because what happened looked pretty bad, he'll be gone for at least 4.

To those of you that can't talk about this player without saying retarded things like "Tkachoke", you may begin your trolling.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:17 PM
tom_servo

Tkachoke is actually pretty clever, not retarded.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
rbrooks

Send a message via ICQ to rbrooks Send a message via AIM to rbrooks
Tkachuk needs to learn to use his fists and not his stick. He is a big, strong man. He needs to stop being a ****ing ***** and using his stick as a weapon.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Yuck, I saw the play, and I was dissapointed in him. He'll defnitely get a suspension, and I'd be surprised if its not a 4 game or more. The intent was defnitely there, unlike the Weight hit. I think the guy overdid the hit a little, I know he laid on the ice for a few minutes but the hit just didn't look that hard. Still, Tkachuk cannot do this kind of stuff.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Laperriere22*

Tkachuk is a putz; can't even defend that BS. When he was going after Davison with his stick during the play about 5 seconds earlier, I'm saying aloud "Calm it down Walt". Then he goes and does that garbage. That was completely premeditated and to top it off, Davison doesn't even see it coming once the whistle had blown. If Weight got 4, Tkachuk should get 8. It was premeditated, after the whistle, and he has one hell of a history of stickwork. Leaders don't do what Tkachuk did. Leaders do what Mayers did. I hate Tkachuk when he puts his discipline before his team.

And as long as degroat beat me to starting this thread, I'll add that the refs and the video goal judge absolutely screwed Nickulas out of goal. What complete incompetence I've seen this year out of the various officiating crews.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

I'm beginning to dislike St. Louis the more I watch. Lot's of their "stars" seem to be copping attitudes / having no discipline on the ice. Big money team with big attitude and no Cups to back it up. At least Detroit has that much.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Tkachuk is a putz; can't even defend that BS. When he was going after Davison with his stick during the play about 5 seconds earlier, I'm saying aloud "Calm it down Walt". Then he goes and does that garbage. That was completely premeditated and to top it off, Davison doesn't even see it coming once the whistle had blown. If Weight got 4, Tkachuk should get 8. It was premeditated, after the whistle, and he has one hell of a history of stickwork. Leaders don't do what Tkachuk did. Leaders do what Mayers did. I hate Tkachuk when he puts his discipline before his team.

And as long as degroat beat me to starting this thread, I'll add that the refs and the video goal judge absolutely screwed Nickulas out of goal. What complete incompetence I've seen this year out of the various officiating crews.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:33 PM
degroat*

I know I should waste my time preaching to the choir, but those of you that actually saw this and are criticizing him this badly for it either A) didn't watch it close or B) don't understand the sport.

Had the player not raised his hands knocking Tkachuk's stick into his own face not only would we not be talking about this, but Tkachuk wouldn't have gotten even a 2 minute penalty.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
About half way through the 2nd period after the whistle, Tkachuk skated over to a San Jose dman... he tried to push the player in the chest with his stick, but the dman raised up his arms forcing the stick up and into his own face.

The end result was him laying on the ice for a good 2 or 3 minutes (and not missing a shift). But, because what happened looked pretty bad, he'll be gone for at least 4.

To those of you that can't talk about this player without saying retarded things like "Tkachoke", you may begin your trolling.
Push in the chest with the stick sounds like a cross check to me. Tkachuk is known for his stick work (http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0225/1514195.html), so this benign push in the chest BS should not be mentioned.
Seems like certain players (Guerin, Tkachuk) are consistent with being somewhat careless with their sticks.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:19 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Push in the chest with the stick sounds like a cross check to me. Tkachuk is known for his stick work (http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0225/1514195.html), so this push in the chest BS should not be mentioned.
Seems like certain players (Guerin, Tkachuk) are consistent with being somewhat careless with their sticks.
1. If a "push inthe chest witht he stick" is the same thing as a cross check to you, then you need to pick up a new sport. They are two complete different things. One involves acceleration of the stick before the stick makes contact with the body. The other is acceleration of the stick once it is against the body. You really should try playing the game some time. It's fun.

2. Whether or not Tkachuk is known for the stuff or not is irrlevent. My comment about the "push in the chest BS" was about this instance. Clearly, from your comments you didn't see the play so perhaps you should not call what I said BS when you have no clue since you didn't see the incident.

3. What does what Tkachuk did to Wes Walz have to do with this incident at all?

Keep trolling...

Old
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
1. If a "push inthe chest witht he stick" is the same thing as a cross check to you, then you need to pick up a new sport. They are two complete different things. One involves acceleration of the stick before the stick makes contact with the body. The other is acceleration of the stick once it is against the body. You really should try playing the game some time. It's fun.

2. Whether or not Tkachuk is known for the stuff or not is irrlevent. My comment about the "push in the chest BS" was about this instance. Clearly, from your comments you didn't see the play so perhaps you should not call what I said BS when you have no clue since you didn't see the incident.

3. What does what Tkachuk did to Wes Walz have to do with this incident at all?

Keep trolling...
If I am trolling then you are definitely being a homer. Fair enough?

Old
11-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
I know I should waste my time preaching to the choir, but those of you that actually saw this and are criticizing him this badly for it either A) didn't watch it close or B) don't understand the sport.

Had the player not raised his hands knocking Tkachuk's stick into his own face not only would we not be talking about this, but Tkachuk wouldn't have gotten even a 2 minute penalty.
You said 'after the wistle', right? What happened to just pushing the guy with his glove? Why the stick? I didn't see the play, but if the guy was injured, Walt must have hit him pretty hard. He's been suspended a few times before for his stickwork, so it's not like it is a freak accident.

On a side note: I'm sick of people saying 'he didn't miss a shift'. Lets see you take a stick in the mouth and see how fast you get up.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:

You're right degroat; I either didn't watch it close or I don't understand the sport. Do you have to try and explain away every stupid thing Tkachuk does with his stick? Played hockey before? I assume so and if so, when a guy comes at you after the whistle looking to crosscheck you wherever, you generally get your hands (or normally your stick except that Davison didn't have a stick) in the way of the other guy's stick. If Tkachuk had just showed a minute amount of discipline, he wouldn't have even gone towards Davison to crosscheck him. Play was over; turn your cheek and skate to the bench. No way am I going to agree with you putting the blame on Davison for protecting himself.

And for the record, that was one hell of a hockey game. Boring hockey my ass. Some people just watch boring teams I guess.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:27 PM
MVP

i will be very surprise to see Tkachuk getting more than 4 games. Part of the reason why Doug Weight got the 4 games suspension is the fact there was no penatly on the play. On the other hand Tkachuk was penatlized for his action and his team faced the consequence within the game.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheRat
"On a side note: I'm sick of people saying 'he didn't miss a shift'. Lets see you take a stick in the mouth and see how fast you get up."

I'd bet that most of us here have taken a stick in the face and gotten up pretty quickly. We're all hockey players, for the most part, at whatever level. I've played games with a broken toe, a broken nose and a broken collarbone. Again, it's part of the game, everyone does it.
On that I agree. Hockey players aren't like players in other sports; they play through pain and get stitches without missing a beat. Missing a shift shouldn't be considered evidence for or against anything.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Im not even so sure the stick hit the guy in the head. It maybe nicked him on the chin, and after that its like watching the zabruter(sp?) films.
I believe their was no 2nd gunman, and this guy faked it.

And when the nhl watches it, they may see the same thing.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
He raised his arms to defend himself like any sane human being would. Tkachuk is known for pulling these idiotic stunts with his stick in the past, and as a result the league should come down harder on him for being a repeat offender.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:35 PM
c-carp

Quote:

He probably will get suspended because of his reputation, but I think they should look at the fact that Davidson or whoever it was didnt miss a shift after layintg there like he was dead and give him only a game or two instead of four.

There is way too much acting in the NHL today. Call me a homer if you want but thats the way I see it.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:36 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrooks
Tkachuk needs to learn to use his fists and not his stick. He is a big, strong man. He needs to stop being a ****ing ***** and using his stick as a weapon.
That I definatly agree with but he still shouldnt get a long suspension here. Davidson deserves an academy award.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles
You said 'after the wistle', right? What happened to just pushing the guy with his glove? Why the stick? I didn't see the play, but if the guy was injured, Walt must have hit him pretty hard. He's been suspended a few times before for his stickwork, so it's not like it is a freak accident.

On a side note: I'm sick of people saying 'he didn't miss a shift'. Lets see you take a stick in the mouth and see how fast you get up.
Get a life davidson is a better actor than DeNiro.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:43 PM
kenabnrmal

I haven't seen the hit yet, and just like with Weight, I like Tkachuk. However, he does have a history of this, which makes me suspect it wasn't as innocent as the Blues fans are suggesting. And once again Blues fans are claiming it was the victim's fault, the victim was acting, the victim brought it on himself. It gets awful tiring, and its not just Blues fans. Its the fans of every single team when one of their meatheads does something stupid. Just once I'd like to see a poster say "yeah you know what, he deserved the penalty/suspension for that one. It was dumb, selfish, and he hurt the team", instead of the blind loyalty we see every time something like this happens.

Again I haven't seen it, so I'll reserve judgement. However, from the sounds of it, it seems as if Tkachuk either went after Davison intentionally, or he was careless. Just as I said with Weight, either way he should be punished. If I see it, and I don't think it should be a suspension, then I'll be right back here defending Keith...like I said earlier, I like the guy.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
I haven't seen the hit yet, and just like with Weight, I like Tkachuk. However, he does have a history of this, which makes me suspect it wasn't as innocent as the Blues fans are suggesting. And once again Blues fans are claiming it was the victim's fault, the victim was acting, the victim brought it on himself. It gets awful tiring, and its not just Blues fans. Its the fans of every single team when one of their meatheads does something stupid. Just once I'd like to see a poster say "yeah you know what, he deserved the penalty/suspension for that one. It was dumb, selfish, and he hurt the team", instead of the blind loyalty we see every time something like this happens.

Again I haven't seen it, so I'll reserve judgement. However, from the sounds of it, it seems as if Tkachuk either went after Davison intentionally, or he was careless. Just as I said with Weight, either way he should be punished. If I see it, and I don't think it should be a suspension, then I'll be right back here defending Keith...like I said earlier, I like the guy.
He got a penalty and may get a suspension due to reputation but more than two games is excessive because Davidson tried for an academy award.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:

Ill agree that he was careless with his stick. But like i said im not so sure the stick even made full contact. The guy definately imbelished it. I could have stayed standing after that shot.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Just once I'd like to see a poster say "yeah you know what, he deserved the penalty/suspension for that one. It was dumb, selfish, and he hurt the team", instead of the blind loyalty we see every time something like this happens.
You've got your "once" already; I am a Blues fan and I said just about everything you were looking for in my first post in this thread. Tkachuk just doesn't deserve to be defended when he does stuff like that.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:58 PM
enforcer

Total ******** the Sharks are just another team full of diving pansys!

Closed Thread