HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Expect a Tkachuk suspension soon...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2003, 09:01 PM
  #26
kenabnrmal
Registered User
 
kenabnrmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the beach or rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
You've got your "once" already; I am a Blues fan and I said just about everything you were looking for in my first post in this thread. Tkachuk just doesn't deserve to be defended when he does stuff like that.
Sorry bud, didn't realize you were a Blues fan. You get to wear the crown, congrats!

kenabnrmal is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:06 PM
  #27
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
Sorry bud, didn't realize you were a Blues fan. You get to wear the crown, congrats!
I don't know; I think I deserve a cookie more than wearing a crown. I'm not comfortable enough in my own masculinity to go around wearing a crown. These ain't the Middle Ages you know? And I don't want no cold cookie from Winnipeg; the cookie should be warm.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:09 PM
  #28
kenabnrmal
Registered User
 
kenabnrmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the beach or rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I don't know; I think I deserve a cookie more than wearing a crown. I'm not comfortable enough in my own masculinity to go around wearing a crown. These ain't the Middle Ages you know? And I don't want no cold cookie from Winnipeg; the cookie should be warm.
We do have ovens, you know...though it might get chilled in the FedEx truck.

kenabnrmal is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:15 PM
  #29
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
We do have ovens, you know
Really? Learn something new everyday. (And I don't want a chilled cookie either; ship it in one of those Pizza Hut thingamajigs that traps the heat in). Picky I know, but I've surely earned it.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:20 PM
  #30
aylib
User and abuser
 
aylib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Stale ol' Hockey
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Why not just use Pay Pal?

aylib is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:24 PM
  #31
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Why not just use Pay Pal?
Their fees would require a bite out of my cookie and I ain't sharing it with no one, especially a faceless corporation. Kill Whitey...err, I mean, Go Blues.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:48 PM
  #32
gruntsplatter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Davison isn't the diving kind of player, he plays with an edge, is physical fights etc. (didn't Pronger used to fight? he looked like Yertle when Thornton went after him tonight for that cheap shot elbow) You might be able to say that about some of the Sharks, but I don't think Davison was hamming it up. It was a stick to the face after the whistle, from a player with a history, they are gonna see it, I believe rightly, as an intent to injure. Whether he injured him enough to miss a shift or not the intent was there.

gruntsplatter is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
  #33
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
Davison isn't the diving kind of player, he plays with an edge, is physical fights etc. (didn't Pronger used to fight? he looked like Yertle when Thornton went after him tonight for that cheap shot elbow) You might be able to say that about some of the Sharks, but I don't think Davison was hamming it up. It was a stick to the face after the whistle, from a player with a history, they are gonna see it, I believe rightly, as an intent to injure. Whether he injured him enough to miss a shift or not the intent was there.
If he get more than 2 games the Blues got the shaft, it looked a lot worse than it was. Prongers dive was no worse than Davidson laying there like he was dead, they both should be nominated for academy awards.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
  #34
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
(didn't Pronger used to fight? he looked like Yertle when Thornton went after him tonight for that cheap shot elbow)
Sure he fights, but Scott Thornton's not as tough as Jiri Slegr or Tomas Sandstrom.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
  #35
Waveburner
RIP Luc
 
Waveburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In Morrison's house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
Ahh how fast people come to defend their own players. Tkachuk is an idiot, always has been. Dirty and doesn't give a lick about anyone's safety.

Honestly, what was the Shark player supposed to do? ANYONE that has played hockey, or has some sort of sense of self-preservation, would have tried to block Tkachuk's AFTER THE WHISTLE cross-check. Tkachuk has shown exactly what kind of player he is on countless occasions. He uses his stick to "defend" himself all the time. Big surprise that he ends up hurting people fairly regularly. Yah right. If Tkachuk wants to avoid suspensions-stop using your stick to hurt people!!!! It's really not complicated.

The Blues have their rep for a damn good reason.

Waveburner is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
  #36
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Sure he fights, but Scott Thornton's not as tough as Jiri Slegr or Tomas Sandstrom.
Thats a product of the NHL today they alloe you to pick your spots like that. not right but it happens.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:57 PM
  #37
enforcer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Sure he fights

Nope, not after his wrist injury.

enforcer is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:59 PM
  #38
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Thats a product of the NHL today they alloe you to pick your spots like that. not right but it happens.
I hear ya, c. Boy oh boy, do I hear ya.

Tonight's game was highly entertaining though and I came away with a new found respect for Danton after tonight. His performance tonight was stellar; when he wants to play hockey, the guy can do so. I'll also be praying for a season-ending injury to Khavanov too. Let Backman play; even he's not that bad defensively.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:00 PM
  #39
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer
Nope, not after his wrist injury.
Agreed if he messed up his wrist he would be a dumbass for fighting. All that should have happened there was they both got 2 minutes.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:01 PM
  #40
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I hear ya, c. Boy oh boy, do I hear ya.

Tonight's game was highly entertaining though and I came away with a new found respect for Danton after tonight. His performance tonight was stellar; when he wants to play hockey, the guy can do so. I'll also be praying for a season-ending injury to Khavanov too. Let Backman play; even he's not that bad defensively.
I was reserving judgement but I like Danton he is more of an old school pest who will throw down when he has too much better than Nash.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:02 PM
  #41
Waveburner
RIP Luc
 
Waveburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In Morrison's house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer
Nope, not after his wrist injury.
Indeed, it would be rather moronic for Pronger to risk hurting his wrist again. Not for a fight...

Waveburner is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:03 PM
  #42
Swedish Bolt Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win it again
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheRat
Blues win again, w/out Weight, Mac, etc, that team just continues to roll. Who cares if some Kings fan in Chicago "hates" the Blues? Good, I hope you do.
SJ got a point they didn't deserve. Typical NHL officiating. What a disgrace.

Actually it was a rather well officiated game one of the better ones in a while and it is CLEARLY NO GOAL. home team or what not knocking a goalpost of the moaring are NOT reviewable those are actions that must be spotted on the fly.

With a CORRECT use of the replay/video judge you have to change the rules so actions such as Osgoods knocking the goal of the moarings after having tried getting it lose like 3 times in a very short time span (read sec or 2 max total) If use of videoreplay are allowed for infractions then a case can be made for a goal to be allowed but

Those are NOT the laws that are in effect currently If you watched playoff last year you would know this and I was willing to bet a fortune on NO GOAL when i saw the replay since the net was clearly not in 100% correct position when the puck went in

And regarding the Crosscheck he deserves at least a 5+ game for it thats AT LEAST with his CV being packed with lots of references to former stickworking acts he should get 10 or so since obviously he havnt learned yet to keep his f%#$^#^ stick down on the ice and fight like a man.

Swedish Bolt Fan is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:04 PM
  #43
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Ahh how fast people come to defend their own players. Tkachuk is an idiot, always has been. Dirty and doesn't give a lick about anyone's safety.

Honestly, what was the Shark player supposed to do? ANYONE that has played hockey, or has some sort of sense of self-preservation, would have tried to block Tkachuk's AFTER THE WHISTLE cross-check. Tkachuk has shown exactly what kind of player he is on countless occasions. He uses his stick to "defend" himself all the time. Big surprise that he ends up hurting people fairly regularly. Yah right. If Tkachuk wants to avoid suspensions-stop using your stick to hurt people!!!! It's really not complicated.

The Blues have their rep for a damn good reason.
Like the Sharks are a bunch of clean players. MacInnis eye injury came from Scott Hannan using his stick carelessly and Young was also injured by the Sharks. They have one of the cheaper teams in the league. I am not saying tkachuk shouldnt get a game or two, just that you are a hypocrite.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:06 PM
  #44
enforcer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Actually it was a rather well officiated game one of the better ones in a while and it is CLEARLY NO GOAL. home team or what not knocking a goalpost of the moaring are NOT reviewable those are actions that must be spotted on the fly.

With a CORRECT use of the replay/video judge you have to change the rules so actions such as Osgoods knocking the goal of the moarings after having tried getting it lose like 3 times in a very short time span (read sec or 2 max total) If use of videoreplay are allowed for infractions then a case can be made for a goal to be allowed but

Those are NOT the laws that are in effect currently If you watched playoff last year you would know this and I was willing to bet a fortune on NO GOAL when i saw the replay since the net was clearly not in 100% correct position when the puck went in

And regarding the Crosscheck he deserves at least a 5+ game for it thats AT LEAST with his CV being packed with lots of references to former stickworking acts he should get 10 or so since obviously he havnt learned yet to keep his f%#$^#^ stick down on the ice and fight like a man.

well officiated game my ass!

enforcer is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:06 PM
  #45
Swedish Bolt Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win it again
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Im not even so sure the stick hit the guy in the head. It maybe nicked him on the chin, and after that its like watching the zabruter(sp?) films.
I believe their was no 2nd gunman, and this guy faked it.

And when the nhl watches it, they may see the same thing.
The Homerism is amazing, just admit it that he did one more act of stickwork, cmon it isnt like the guy is an angle that have never done anything like it at least a 5+ game suspension is called for since he is a repeat offender

Swedish Bolt Fan is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:06 PM
  #46
Waveburner
RIP Luc
 
Waveburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In Morrison's house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Like the Sharks are a bunch of clean players. MacInnis eye injury came from Scott Hannan using his stick carelessly and Young was also injured by the Sharks. They have one of the cheaper teams in the league. I am not saying tkachuk shouldnt get a game or two, just that you are a hypocrite.
Huh? What does my post have to do with the Sharks? Go back to school. Books are your friend.

Waveburner is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:07 PM
  #47
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Agreed if he messed up his wrist he would be a dumbass for fighting. All that should have happened there was they both got 2 minutes.
Well, then why lead with your elbow in the first place? He's a dumbass for instigating fighting situations if he can't fight. And we both know that Pronger picked his spots long before his injury problems. Just for the record.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:08 PM
  #48
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Actually it was a rather well officiated game one of the better ones in a while and it is CLEARLY NO GOAL. home team or what not knocking a goalpost of the moaring are NOT reviewable those are actions that must be spotted on the fly.

With a CORRECT use of the replay/video judge you have to change the rules so actions such as Osgoods knocking the goal of the moarings after having tried getting it lose like 3 times in a very short time span (read sec or 2 max total) If use of videoreplay are allowed for infractions then a case can be made for a goal to be allowed but

Those are NOT the laws that are in effect currently If you watched playoff last year you would know this and I was willing to bet a fortune on NO GOAL when i saw the replay since the net was clearly not in 100% correct position when the puck went in

And regarding the Crosscheck he deserves at least a 5+ game for it thats AT LEAST with his CV being packed with lots of references to former stickworking acts he should get 10 or so since obviously he havnt learned yet to keep his f%#$^#^ stick down on the ice and fight like a man.
Blah Blah Blah, two games max as stupid as it was because the league is watching him, the guy layed there like he was shot it was discusting. this is hockey not tennis. If you think he should get 10 games you are out of your mind.

c-carp is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:10 PM
  #49
enforcer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Huh? What does my post have to do with the Sharks? Go back to school. Books are your friend.

Yeah, what does your posts have to do with anything..? Look around a little and you'll see that the Blues are one of the cleanest teams in the league!

enforcer is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 10:11 PM
  #50
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Huh? What does my post have to do with the Sharks? Go back to school. Books are your friend.
You made a reference to the Blues rep, I made one to the Sharks rep. Bools are indeed your friend. The Sharks are one of the cheaper teams in the league.

c-carp is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.