HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Expect a Tkachuk suspension soon...

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 10:13 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Well, then why lead with your elbow in the first place? He's a dumbass for instigating fighting situations if he can't fight. And we both know that Pronger picked his spots long before his injury problems. Just for the record.
All goes back to the rules Lappy right or wrong most star players pick their spots today.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Blah Blah Blah, two games max as stupid as it was because the league is watching him, the guy layed there like he was shot it was discusting. this is hockey not tennis. If you think he should get 10 games you are out of your mind.

10+++++++ is what this CHEAPSHOT artist deserves do i think he will get it? unfortunatly no he will probably walk away with only 2 simple freaking games which is a disgrace for the league when a known stickworker gets away with it again since he is a "STAR" and suspending stars is not good for the PR department of the league

Politics and $$ is only thing that matters to the big boys handing out the suspensions and the league will look bad if one major "star" player picks up a heavy suspension a fringe guy on the 4th line you can hand out a lot more games to since those wont make any headlines worth speaking off.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
You made a reference to the Blues rep, I made one to the Sharks rep. Bools are indeed your friend. The Sharks are one of the cheaper teams in the league.
Well ok then. Maybe they are. I don't follow them much, but I do see a fair number of Blues games.

Honestly, you cannot say that Tkachuk doesn't bring this on himself. Are you really THAT much of a homer?

Old
11-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Laperriere22*

I'd like to see Tkachuk get a rather lengthy suspension because that is likely the only thing that might deter him from his bouts of stupidity with a stick in his hands in the future. Obviously, no one in the Blues organization can get through to him about his importance to the team and why he should avoid getting dragged into such stupid crap; so, maybe some shame could do it instead.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer
Yeah, what does your posts have to do with anything..? Look around a little and you'll see that the Blues are one of the cleanest teams in the league!

Plse look around a little but statistic tells another story than them being one of the cleanest teams

they have been a solid placed team in the top 1/3 of the league in being shorthanded the most and so far this year they are up there as well.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:23 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Well ok then. Maybe they are. I don't follow them much, but I do see a fair number of Blues games.

Honestly, you cannot say that Tkachuk doesn't bring this on himself. Are you really THAT much of a homer?
I never said he doesnt bring this on himself he has had stick suspensions the last two years on Odelein amd Wes Walz. I just get tired of guys getting hit and laying there like they are dead and then not missing a shift. I have said in reepeated posts in this thread that he will probably get a game or two but if he gets more than that something is wrong. I forget who it was but they slashed Zetterberg and broke his damn leg and only got 2 games and yet some people think Tkachuk should get 5, BS.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Mr X

Quote:
Like the Sharks are a bunch of clean players. MacInnis eye injury came from Scott Hannan using his stick carelessly and Young was also injured by the Sharks. They have one of the cheaper teams in the league. I am not saying tkachuk shouldnt get a game or two, just that you are a hypocrite.
Tkachuk's stick work was a product of his anger, you cannot say the same about the Hannan/MacInnis incedent from 2 or 3 years ago.

I hope he gets at least 5.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:26 PM
enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
10+++++++ is what this CHEAPSHOT artist deserves do i think he will get it? unfortunatly no he will probably walk away with only 2 simple freaking games which is a disgrace for the league when a known stickworker gets away with it again since he is a "STAR" and suspending stars is not good for the PR department of the league

Politics and $$ is only thing that matters to the big boys handing out the suspensions and the league will look bad if one major "star" player picks up a heavy suspension a fringe guy on the 4th line you can hand out a lot more games to since those wont make any headlines worth speaking off.

yeah right, all Tkachuk does is to take cheap shots all game long and when he gives a little back he gets a 10 + game suspension ? Sharks player took a huge dive too! You're nuts man!

Old
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I'd like to see Tkachuk get a rather lengthy suspension because that is likely the only thing that might deter him from his bouts of stupidity with a stick in his hands in the future. Obviously, no one in the Blues organization can get through to him about his importance to the team and why he should avoid getting dragged into such stupid crap; so, maybe some shame could do it instead.

Repeat offenders should normally dont cut any breaks when there case is before the judge nor should a repeat offender here get the benefit of the doubt.

It is obvious previous suspensions to Mr Tkachuk havnt done squat to rehabilitate him from his excessive use of his stick as a weapon. And to expect a 1 game slap on the fingers again will just clearly send the wrong message. Only a very lengthy suspension might help Mr Tkachuk solve his problems with excessive use of his stick as a weapon

Old
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
enforcer

Quote:
Plse look around a little but statistic tells another story than them being one of the cleanest teams

they have been a solid placed team in the top 1/3 of the league in being shorthanded the most and so far this year they are up there as well.

the refs suck so those stats doesnt tell the truth.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:31 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X
Tkachuk's stick work was a product of his anger, you cannot say the same about the Hannan/MacInnis incedent from 2 or 3 years ago.

I hope he gets at least 5.
Idont know i still think it looked a lot worse than it was and that ******* Davidson was never hurt and Tkachuk should get two max and that is only because of Bettmans NHL.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
yeah right, all Tkachuk does is to take cheap shots all game long and when he gives a little back he gets a 10 + game suspension ? Sharks player took a huge dive too! You're nuts man!
Blame it on the victim blame it on the victim. Sounds like Arabic traffic court

"It is YOUR fault, since if you had not been here the accident would never have happend"

If Tkachuk's victim hadnt been there the vicious crosscheck wouldnt have happend.

There is something out there called, You do something stupid you gotta pay the time for it. And going after folks after the whizzle is exactly that stupid IMO but what do i know i am just a soft F#%$$#^%# euro that dont understand the he just had to do it BLAH BLAH BLAH

Give him the suspension his sheet suggests he should have and he isnt exactly innocent like a 7 yr girl in regards to his "famous" stickwork

Old
11-13-2003, 10:34 PM
c-carp

The way some in this thread are *****ing and whining if you guys were in Charge Gordie would nave never made it in the NHL. If it was a malicious blow to the head I would agree with you but this was nothing and it is getting blown way out of proportion. As I said Davidson deserves an academy award.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:36 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Blame it on the victim blame it on the victim. Sounds like Arabic traffic court

"It is YOUR fault, since if you had not been here the accident would never have happend"

If Tkachuk's victim hadnt been there the vicious crosscheck wouldnt have happend.

There is something out there called, You do something stupid you gotta pay the time for it. And going after folks after the whizzle is exactly that stupid IMO but what do i know i am just a soft F#%$$#^%# euro that dont understand the he just had to do it BLAH BLAH BLAH

Give him the suspension his sheet suggests he should have and he isnt exactly innocent like a 7 yr girl in regards to his "famous" stickwork
BS.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Yeah, what does your posts have to do with anything..? Look around a little and you'll see that the Blues are one of the cleanest teams in the league!
Wow. Im convinced. Look around at what? The Blues fans who think they are "clean"?

Old
11-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
the refs suck so those stats doesnt tell the truth.

VAN someone is bashing refs!!!!!

And please supply factual statistics that are objective and takes into account all 30 teams of the league. So the rest of us can see what you see. Please supply those data for the rest of us since IMO a decent measure of how clean a team is can be found in the following statistics

Times short handed

Penalty minutes total

Number of total penalties called

If there is some other statistic that finds the Blues being in the top 1/4 of the league in clean play than please give us the formulae for it so we can also get to enjoy it

Old
11-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
BS.
What Tkachuk did is BS

Old
11-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
I never said he doesnt bring this on himself he has had stick suspensions the last two years on Odelein amd Wes Walz. I just get tired of guys getting hit and laying there like they are dead and then not missing a shift. I have said in reepeated posts in this thread that he will probably get a game or two but if he gets more than that something is wrong. I forget who it was but they slashed Zetterberg and broke his damn leg and only got 2 games and yet some people think Tkachuk should get 5, BS.
Who the **** cares if they miss a shift? Regardless of whether a player fights through the pain or not, when the incident actually occurs, you go down! I have been wacked HARD in the face dozens of times playing hockey. And it hurts like hell! So yah, I go down for a bit, wait for the pain to subside, then I get back to playing (provided I am able to). Maybe you don't feel pain, but for the rest of us mere mortals-sticks to the face HURT!

Old
11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
enforcer

Quote:
Look around at what?

The other teams in the NHL maybe?

Old
11-13-2003, 10:48 PM
The Mannschaft

Send a message via ICQ to The Mannschaft Send a message via AIM to The Mannschaft Send a message via MSN to The Mannschaft
Quote:
Hence they are going to have 2 players suspended within 1 week.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
The other teams in the NHL maybe?
What for?? To see that they committ less penalties? Oh I forgot, the refs are all against the mighty Blues...

Old
11-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Mr X

Quote:
Idont know i still think it looked a lot worse than it was and that ******* Davidson was never hurt and Tkachuk should get two max and that is only because of Bettmans NHL.
Davison may have been hurt, he may have been acting. Just by watching a few replays on TV does not make your opinion any more valid than mine. So discussing what actually happened is just a waste of time. We all saw it and have already formed our opinions.

I think if Tkachuk hadn't had a history of this type of incident he would recieve a 2 or 3 game suspension, but in this case I expect it to be 4 to 6 games.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
What for?? To see that they committ less penalties? Oh I forgot, the refs are all against the mighty Blues...

Yup the refs made them do a cple crosschecks within a couple days of each other

Old
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
enforcer

Quote:
VAN someone is bashing refs!!!!!

And please supply factual statistics that are objective and takes into account all 30 teams of the league. So the rest of us can see what you see. Please supply those data for the rest of us since IMO a decent measure of how clean a team is can be found in the following statistics

50% of the penaltys on the Blues this season have been total non-calls, another 20% borderline... those are facts!

Old
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
50% of the penaltys on the Blues this season have been total non-calls, another 20% borderline... those are facts!
I think you just sealed your credibility's fate. Not that anyone was taking you seriously anyways.

Closed Thread