HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade proposal between Mtl and TB

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
Trade proposal between Mtl and TB

The thread of 6 String Benny gave me an idea. And it's like a comeback idea, as to get Lecavalier on the Habs. Here's my idea :

MTL
----
Koivu
Rivet (half his salary paid)
Bulis
2nd

TB
----
Lecavalier
Fedotenko
1st

It's a big trade I know.

Koivu < Lecavalier

No need to explain. Koivu is captain Courage, is very skilled with the puck, but has troubles staying healthy and is small. Lecavalier is younger, alot bigger and is a good scorer as well as a good playmaker.

Rivet > Fedotenko

I know they got Fedotenko for Pitkanen, but they may also want to forget that trade. Fedotenko is a future third liner, but is willing to pay the price in front of the net, and he could perhaps become a Holmstrom type of player? Dunno. Rivet is a fine all-around D, and provides leadership that a young TB squad can need, but his time in Mtl is done because of defensive depth. Komisarek or even Beauchemin would be better playing right now.

Bulis & 2nd > 1st

Another 1st rounder is always good, especially when rebuilding. I really like Bulis, but we need to give to get, and I think Plekanec could do the job.

I think that Mtl is in severe lack of unity right now. I know I'm harsh, but Koivu isn't a good captain. He plays with passion and inspiration, but can't seem to transmit that energy to his teammates. And Rivet, also supposed to provide leadership, would leave with his good friend, like a master and his pup. All in all, I think that Koivu's leadership has become kind of nefast in the team, sorrily. A change of leadership and ambience(sp?) would just help.

What do you think?

Old
11-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Bob Bastards

Duh!

You wrote:
"No need to explain. Koivu is captain Courage, is very skilled with the puck, but has troubles staying healthy and is small. Lecavalier is younger, alot bigger and is a good scorer as well as a good playmaker."

You forgot to mention that Lecavalier is their futur captain. So now tell me IN THE NAME OF GOD, WHY ON EARTH, TB WILL DO THIS TRADE!

******. Think 2 second. Put like Lecavalier for Koivu, Komisarek and 1 round. I think they will start to listen, beside that...

Old
11-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Man, you need to learn to relax. It's just a proposal you know.

Koivu is our actual captain, and has been for years. I should have wrote something like 'Koivu is nearly a PPG player with 2nd and 3rd liners, imagine what he would be with bigger, younger wingers.'

We need size and skill at center, and they can't spit on a tremendous boost to leadership and awesome playmaking instincts.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurCHAOS
Man, you need to learn to relax. It's just a proposal you know.

Koivu is our actual captain, and has been for years. I should have wrote something like 'Koivu is nearly a PPG player with 2nd and 3rd liners, imagine what he would be with bigger, younger wingers.'

We need size and skill at center, and they can't spit on a tremendous boost to leadership and awesome playmaking instincts.
This more of a "FANTASY" proposal trade...

Tampa Bay would laugh in our face..
Think about it...

Old
11-14-2003, 11:21 AM
theo6060

A few years ago when Lecavalier seemed to be on the outs with Tampa Bay, maybe, but in today's NHL not a chance. I bet TB would hang up the phone if anyone even were to say Lecavalier's name nowadays. He's about as untouchable as they come so if he were to be traded, TB would not be including anything else in the offer.

Old
11-14-2003, 03:19 PM
arsobro

why Tampa does this trade??? I think that we need to be patient. We have good prospects so don't try to change all the team. Maybe they can have another good first round pick in the 2004 draft, the habs gonna be well in 4 or 5 years.

Closed Thread