HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lets show some patience towards Gainey

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 03:09 PM
DEBASER

vCash: 500
lets show some patience towards Gainey

i'm tired of reading thread after thread exhorting the need for bob gainey to make a trade and 'shake up the team'. we must remember that gainey was just hired over the summer and has been out of the NHL for a few years before that - the guy needs time to get reacquainted with the players AND the economic climate. it is not even 20 games into the season - and it has only been a few games since our captain and best player returned from injury. Give Gainey some time to get a feel for his team. i'm sure he will start making trades when he feels comfortable doing it, but he needs more time to familiarize himself with the players. as far as i'm concerned he can have all the time he needs.

personally, i think he'll make a trade sooner than later, perhaps in the next 10 games or so. our current roster isn't exactly filled with gainey's 'type' of player, and i'm sure he's keeping his eyes open in an attempt to change that. not big moves, but strategic ones like picking up begin and langdon off waivers.

i think a trade could involve - sundstrom, kilger, dackell, perrault, or ribiero (i'd include audette if he wasn't morbidly untradable) in exchange for picks or players with more of an edge.

bottom line, give gainey time.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Habber

Gainey out of the NHL for a few years? Guess Dallas' GM was a different Bob Gainey.

I hope Gainey makes some moves, as I don't think Perrault, Juneau, Dackell, Audette or Quintal have a future with the Habs. But moving these guys is easier said than done.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:16 PM
8b

I hope that Gainey will move before the end of november. Waiting after that would be after xmas (because we don't want the player to be sad at xmas, ).

Closed Thread