HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospect #4

View Poll Results: Best Prospect
G Jonathan Bernier 33 55.00%
C Brian Boyle 20 33.33%
D Richard Petiot 3 5.00%
C Trevor Lewis 2 3.33%
RW Konstantin Pushkarev 2 3.33%
D Patrik Hersley 0 0%
RW Petr Kanko 0 0%
D T.J. Fast 0 0%
D Joe Ryan 0 0%
LW Scott Parse 0 0%
G Jonathan Quick 0 0%
D Paul Baier 0 0%
G Barry Brust 0 0%
D Peter Harrold 0 0%
G Jeff Zatkoff 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2006, 10:19 AM
  #26
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct View Post
I think you rank players based on current trade value. In other words, if you would not trade player A for player B, then you rank A ahead of B.

Petiot is not even in Boyle's universe. Boyle has the potential to be a dominant NHL player and Petiot does not. Petiot at best is a top 4 defensive defenseman, and I don't see him being more than a 5-6. Boyle could be the next Pronger if he switches to D, or he could be a dominant #1 center. That's his upside, which is far from guaranteed. But he should at least be a #3 center or defenseman as good as Petiot likely will be.

Putting Petiot in the top echelon of Kings prospects is a joke in my humble opinion. He's a nice prospect, but he's just a depth guy, not someone who really will make a difference for the team.

I would not rank Boyle ahead of Kopitar or O'Sullivan, but you could make a legitimate argument for doing so.


the only joke in my humble opinion is that Boyle has the potential to be the next Chris Pronger at D! LOL.

First, Boyle isnt anywhere near as mean as Pronger, which makes Pronger the dominant defenseman that he is.

Second, he's barely played D so how in the world could anyone evaluate what he can do at D?

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
  #27
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgKings13 View Post
Petiot is also likely closer than Kopitar, does that make him a better prospect?


The comment was comparing Petiot and Boyle. Not Kopitar and Petiot, Kopitar and Boyle, Jack Johnson and Sidney "****ing" Crosby.

You have 2 players who are possibly going to end up the number 5 and 6 rank.

They are within 2 years of age.

Petiot is probably going to be a regualar call up this season, if not the number 7.

Boyle according Hextall is AHL ready, but in college for the year, then the AHL for at least another.

Boyle hasn't found a home yet. If they thought he was such a dominant forward and that is where he would best play, why is he getting played at D?

Boyle is NOT, going to suddenly become the next Chris Pronger or anything more than a number 3 -4 Defenseman such as Petiot.

I agree that he will score points.

Right now as far as D is concerned I see Boyle being more of a Modry type with Petiot being more of a Miller type.


Chris Pronger.......I'm still laughing.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
  #28
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
The comment was comparing Petiot and Boyle. Not Kopitar and Petiot, Kopitar and Boyle, Jack Johnson and Sidney "****ing" Crosby.
Yet you insist that a player that's closer to the NHL is a better player, and ignoring all valid arguments saying otherwise. How about saying Jens Karlsson is a better prospect than Petiot a couple years ago, simply because Petiot was still "just in college" and Karlsson could have possibly made the team if he ever agreed on a contract to cross the pond?

Quote:
You have 2 players who are possibly going to end up the number 5 and 6 rank.

They are within 2 years of age.

Petiot is probably going to be a regualar call up this season, if not the number 7.

Boyle according Hextall is AHL ready, but in college for the year, then the AHL for at least another.
So? Petiot stayed in college for all four years. Then he's playing in the AHL. Did that make Connor James a better prospect since he graduated first?

Quote:
Boyle hasn't found a home yet. If they thought he was such a dominant forward and that is where he would best play, why is he getting played at D?
Because they are developing his overall game. How many forwards do you know play the PK on defense and do it well? The guy has shown he can play any position on the ice except for goalie, and you think that makes him LESS of a player?

Quote:
Right now as far as D is concerned I see Boyle being more of a Modry type with Petiot being more of a Miller type.


Chris Pronger.......I'm still laughing.
Your comparison of Boyle to Modry is just as laughable. Modry was a soft, one-dimensional offensive defenseman. Boyle has gotten meaner every year, is likely going to be captain next year, and plays both ends of the ice very well. He won't be Pronger, but he sure as **** isn't going to be Modry either.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
  #29
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Yet you insist that a player that's closer to the NHL is a better player, and ignoring all valid arguments saying otherwise. How about saying Jens Karlsson is a better prospect than Petiot a couple years ago, simply because Petiot was still "just in college" and Karlsson could have possibly made the team if he ever agreed on a contract to cross the pond?

What valid arguement did I ignore regarding Boyle? That he could be the next Chris Pronger....yeah, well that one.

Were Karlsson and Petiot going to be ranked side by side (#4 and 5)?

And everyone knows that Karlsson would never have made the team.

So that is another lame example using a player that was not going to make the team.



Quote:
So? Petiot stayed in college for all four years. Then he's playing in the AHL. Did that make Connor James a better prospect since he graduated first?
AGAIN! Were Petiot and James battling for the number 5 spot?


Quote:
Because they are developing his overall game. How many forwards do you know play the PK on defense and do it well? The guy has shown he can play any position on the ice except for goalie, and you think that makes him LESS of a player?
Less of a player, no. Could it mean that BC has problems at D on PK, yes.


Quote:
Your comparison of Boyle to Modry is just as laughable. Modry was a soft, one-dimensional offensive defenseman. Boyle has gotten meaner every year, is likely going to be captain next year, and plays both ends of the ice very well. He won't be Pronger, but he sure as **** isn't going to be Modry either.

We'll see, but your either mean and nasty or your not. It's not something that is taught in college.


Last edited by Matt13: 08-15-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
  #30
Game Misconduct
Registered User
 
Game Misconduct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Boyle played defense on the PK all year last year. When he proves me right, I'm going to remind all of you.

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.