Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Line Projections

Old
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Phaneuf_for_calder

vCash: 500
Calgary Line Projections

I haven't seen one of these threads around yet. I know there's a salary and depth chart thing going on but depth chart doesn't necessarily mean lines. So I decided to start one. I know coaches like to mix lines up a bit, but I think we'll start with these ones provided that no more moves are made.

My lines:

Tanguay - Lundmark - Iginla
Huselius - Langkow - Kobasew
Friesen - Lombardi - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Nystrom

Regehr - Zyuzin
Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Warrener - Regehr
Giordano

Kiprusoff
McLennan

Phaneuf_for_calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Danny__K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf_for_calder View Post
I haven't seen one of these threads around yet. I know there's a salary and depth chart thing going on but depth chart doesn't necessarily mean lines. So I decided to start one. I know coaches like to mix lines up a bit, but I think we'll start with these ones provided that no more moves are made.

My lines:

Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Nystrom

Regehr - Zyuzin
Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Warrener - Regehr
Giordano

Kiprusoff
McLennan

swap ritchie for nystrom and Ference for regehr 2.0. and we know, or so we are told, that Tanguay will be centering.

So

Huselius/Tanguay/Iginla
Lombardi/Langkow/Kobasew
Friesen/Lundmark/Amonte
Nilson/Yello/McCarty
Ritchie

Regehr/Zyzin
Hamrlik/Phaneuf
Warrener/Ference
Regehr 2.0

Kipper
McClennan

I think if Taratukhin shows up it'll be the end of Lombardi(unfortunately) with Lundmark moving to the wing on that line and Taratukhin centering the 3rd line.

Last edited by Danny__K: 08-14-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:21 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuf_for_calder View Post

My lines:

Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Nystrom

Regehr - Zyuzin
Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Warrener - Regehr
Giordano

Kiprusoff
McLennan
I know a lot of people don't like to see lines changing that much, but I hope, that Tanguay is used on more than one line, to get some of the kids/vets going when they slump. Other than that, I like the lines you have set.

I like Lundmark on that top line. Great in the faceoff circle, busted out with the Flames as much as can be expected playing 12 minutes a game on a defensive minded team, and being switched from line to line. I know, 10 games isn't a season, but the talent is there. Is he ready to do what it takes to become a regular? Time will tell.

Huselius/Langkow were pretty dynamic together. Kobasew was finding his scoring last year. More ice time, expanded role and a little more maturity on his part, and he should be fine. If he does falter, Amonte is a capable RW ready to step in.

And the third line also looks like it has a touch of scoring potential. Interchange Kobasew/Amonte and the right side has a capable 20 goal scorer. Friesen, who was #4 scorer for the Devils prior to the lockout, seems to be another victim of the non-active layoff. If he makes his comeback, and lets face it, his career is on the line, he could rebound for 15-20 goals. Pretty good potential on a third line in my estimation. The question mark is then, Lombardi. Still not signed to a contract, and I'm not positive he will be. A possible ace up the Sutter sleeve, could be Taratukhin. Maybe that possibility is why Lombardi has not been signed. Although I don't see Taratukhin as a top end Russian, I do see him capable of scoring 20 goals or so at the NHL level. The guy is an Olympian. He has been the top line center on a pretty good Russian squad, and he scores very well in tournaments. I believe 20 goals is realistic for him. Should Lombardi return, he needs to regain his confidence. (He could be one guy to really benefit by the addition of Tanguay - that is an unknown though). I would love to see Tanguay take him under his wing and ressurect Lombardi's career.

On the fourth line, I could see Goddard inserted to mix things up and to spell off McCarty.

Defence wise, I suspect Ference II will get a legit shot.

I think as well, McLennan will be scrapping with Krahn for the back-up spot.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:37 PM
BoUcHeR_1

Hello guys,

for me, i think the calgary lines they're :

Tanguay-Lombardi-Iginla
Huselius- Langkow -Amonte
Friesen - Yelle - Kobasew
Nyrstrom - Lundmark -McCarty

Harmlik - Phaneuf
Regehr(Rob) - Giordano
Warrener - Regehr (Rich)

Kipprusoff
Khran

BoUcHeR_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
da_pope*

I'd go with:
Tanguay - Lundmark/Lombardi - Iginla
Friesen - Lundmark/Lombardi - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty

Regher - Zuzyin
Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Warrener - Ferance

Kiprusoff
Mclennen

For offense all I know is that I'm against Tang's playing Center. Also I'm not sure if Amonte would be able to keep up with Friesen and Lombardi/Lundmark but whatever.

On D I don't think we should put Dion and Regher together and Hammer and Dion played pretty good outside of the playoffs so yes... Maybe if Zuzyin doesn't cut for a first pairing guy you throw Phenauf or Hammer up there but it'd be better to have our 2 studs spread out don't you think?

Goaltending is obvious but I do wanna see Krahn get called up for atleast a few games. He's ready.

da_pope* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Iginla for Mayor

on defense how does anyone have regeher 2.0 above A. Ference.

that is crazy talk.

Iginla for Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
special_loob

i'm more curious if we're going to see the constant line shuffling and juggling with playfair as we did with sutter?

otherwise i like the combos that da_pope just posted.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 10:39 PM
kruezer

I think I'd do them like this...

Tanguay - Langkow - Iginla
Huselius - Lombardi - Kobasew
Friesen - Lundmark - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ritchie, Nystrom

Regehr - Zyuzin
Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Warrener - Ference
Giordano

Kiprusoff
McLennan

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:52 PM
swo2k1

Personally I think the lines on opening night, go something like this...

Friesen - Tanguay - Iginla
Huselius - Langkow - Amonte
Lundmark - Lombardi - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ex: Ritchie, Godard

Hamrlik - Phaneuf
Regehr - Ference
Warrener - Zyuzin
Ex: B. Ference

Kipper
Noodles

swo2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Lunatik*

I'd try a few combinations to star teh season just to see which looks better...

#1 Option...

Tanguay - Langkow - Iginla
Huselius - Lundmark - Kobasew
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ex.: Ritchie - Godard
Inj. Replacements: Nystrom, Germyn, Chucko, Maki

Ro. Regehr - Phaneuf
R. Hamrlik - Zyuzin
A. Ference - Warrener
Ex. B. Ference
Inj. Replacements: Giordano, Ri. Regehr, Ramholt

#2 Option...

Huselius - Langkow - Iginla
Amonte - Tanguay - Kobasew
Friesen - Lombardi - Lundmark
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ex.: Ritchie, Godard
Inj. Replacements: Nystrom, Germyn, Maki, Chucko

Ro. Regehr - Phaneuf
Hamrlik - A. Ference
Warrener - Zyuzin
Ex. B. Ference

#3 Option...

Kobasew - Tanguay - Iginla
Lombardi - Langkow - Huselius
Friesen - Lundmark - Amonte
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty
Ex.: Ritchie, Godard

Ro. Regehr - Hamrlik
Phaneuf - A. Ference
Warrener - Zyuzin
Ex.: B. Ference

i didnt list the goaltenders because there is no debate over which person should have which job...

Option #1... should provide some balanced scoring but the #2 line could be a defensive risk

Option #2... would provide greater balanced scoring without breakin gup the flames top line from year ago... every line has someone defensively capable

Option #3... potential explosive 1st line... solid but not standout 2nd & 3rd line... every line has the abilty to prevent the opposing team from scoring

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:50 AM
PapaBear*

Why does everyone think Zuzyun is going to be Regehrs partner? Regehr logs big mins and Zoo isnt capable of that. He at the very best would be on the 2nd pairing.

Also, though they have good chemistry together I would break up Phaneuf and Hamrlik now that Leo is gone. Why? They are our two best offensive dmen and puck movers. Why pair them both together? Regehr isnt the fastest out there, so pairing him with a somewhat mobile partner who can log big mins is key. Same goes with Warrener, and I find he plays best with Ference - as I would like to see them two remain intact on the bottom pairing. These two play so well together, I dont think you can break them up right now.

I still do think that Hamrliks offense was bit hemmed down due to being with Phaneuf all year last year and always wanting to dish it off to him and let him pinch in while he covers. Pair Hamrlik with a more stay at home dman and you will see more offense from him.

Two Solutions

Regehr-Phaneuf (both capable of logging big minutes, would put fear in the oppositions top lines)
Hamrlik-Zuzyin (if Zoo can play well enough, he would make a good stay at home for Hamr)
Warrener-Ference

Regehr-Hamrlik
Phaneuf-Zyuzin
warrener-Ference

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 06:23 AM
edd1e

Curious, where does Aki Seitsonen play this next season, i doubt he'll get to Flames roster.

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 07:05 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
Curious, where does Aki Seitsonen play this next season, i doubt he'll get to Flames roster.
He'll be down in Omaha.

My lines would probably look like this.
lombardi-Tanguay-iginla
Huselius-Langkow-Kobasew
Friesen-Lundmark-Amonte
Nilson-Yelle-McCarty
Ex: Ritchie, Godard

Regehr-Ference
Hamrlik-Phaneuf
Warrener-Zyuzin
Ex:Whoever looks best of Giordano, Ference, Regehr 2

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 10:42 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
Why does everyone think Zuzyun is going to be Regehrs partner? Regehr logs big mins and Zoo isnt capable of that. He at the very best would be on the 2nd pairing.
I would put Zyuzin with Regehr, but that is really only in the first two periods, and certainly not on the PK, I think the pairings will fluctuate a bit more this year, at least at the beginning of the season.

I think Regehr and Phaneuf will get played a lot when the chips are down.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I would put Zyuzin with Regehr, but that is really only in the first two periods, and certainly not on the PK, I think the pairings will fluctuate a bit more this year, at least at the beginning of the season.

I think Regehr and Phaneuf will get played a lot when the chips are down.
i think they will be pretty steady... Warrener and Ference really compliment each other so i dont see it changing... but i think Hamrlik could allow Zyuzin to take some chances offensively... and Regehr and Phaneuf could be one of the top pairs in the NHL

Old
08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
abracanada

I don't know, I would be willing to bet that Phaneuf and Regehr will not be on a line together. It is nice when you can have a stud on the ice pretty much the whole game long. That is likely the direction Anaheim is going. Stud defenders raise the abilities of the players around them. Sutter spoke about both Phaneuf and Regehr having to get used to more ice time. I imagine one of these two guys will be on the ice for 45-50 minutes a night.

Old
08-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
I don't know, I would be willing to bet that Phaneuf and Regehr will not be on a line together. It is nice when you can have a stud on the ice pretty much the whole game long. That is likely the direction Anaheim is going. Stud defenders raise the abilities of the players around them. Sutter spoke about both Phaneuf and Regehr having to get used to more ice time. I imagine one of these two guys will be on the ice for 45-50 minutes a night.
i dont know... because Hamrlik and Warrener are also very sound defensively... so not having either dion or reggie on the ice wont really hurt the flames as much as not having pronger or niedermayer would hurt anaheim

Old
08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i dont know... because Hamrlik and Warrener are also very sound defensively... so not having either dion or reggie on the ice wont really hurt the flames as much as not having pronger or niedermayer would hurt anaheim
Well, I took Sutters statement to mean they would be paired up with more than one defender, something like what you saw with Pronger in Edmonton. You might see more of Warrener with Phaneuf in addition to Phaneuf's time with Hammer, and Regehr with both Zyuzin and Ference.

Just imagine how your forwards feel skating into the end when they know there is a pretty good chance they will unceremoniously get dumped on their ***. Get them looking over their should in the corners too I bet.