HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weight Question

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 01:25 PM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Weight Question

In the Isles-Blues rumor thread it was said that if the Blues wanted to trim payroll they would try and move Doug Weight and/or Keith Tkachuk before Demitra. My question is, what would the Blues be looking for in return for Weight? Not just from the Rangers, but in general(another center, prospects, picks)

I am sure a handful of teams would be very interested in Weight in the off-season.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:32 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
A young defenseman would be in the package imo. Big Mac may be done. Baron isn't far off and neither is Finley. They need a good young d-man to come in and replace those guys.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:34 PM
degroat*

Weight has a no trade clause. Last time he was traded he listed STL or DET as acceptable destinations. So, unless Pleau is trying to lose his job and trades him to DET, he won't be going anywhere. Tkachuk also has a no-trade clause.

Old
11-21-2003, 01:43 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Weight has a no trade clause. Last time he was traded he listed STL or DET as acceptable destinations. So, unless Pleau is trying to lose his job and trades him to DET, he won't be going anywhere. Tkachuk also has a no-trade clause.
that was like 3 years ago, so maybe he has changed his mind on some places.

just for ***** and giggles, could some blues fans help me on this?

Old
11-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Jamie-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
In the Isles-Blues rumor thread it was said that if the Blues wanted to trim payroll they would try and move Doug Weight and/or Keith Tkachuk before Demitra. My question is, what would the Blues be looking for in return for Weight? Not just from the Rangers, but in general(another center, prospects, picks)

I am sure a handful of teams would be very interested in Weight in the off-season.
You can have him for Niinima and Parrish

Old
11-21-2003, 02:05 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
You can have him for Niinima and Parrish
umm i am not an islanders fan(and if i was i would laugh at that proposal since they overpay)

and i asked for what type of players, not specific names.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:08 PM
degroat*

I honestly cannot even answer the question. If the Blues traded Weight they'd need to get in return a younger, cheaper version of Weight... which is obviously not going to happen. That is why if they traded someone it would be Demitra. The Blues already have the younger, cheaper version of him in Cajanek. So, if they were to trade Demitra they'd probably be looking for Hecht type players, young defensemen, 3rd line centers.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
they'd probably be looking for Hecht type players, young defensemen, 3rd line centers.
So, Hecht, Reasoner, and Horacek? It's like deja vu all over again....

Old
11-21-2003, 02:15 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
So, Hecht, Reasoner, and Horacek? It's like deja vu all over again....
LOL... I know he's gotten better, but I want no part of Reasoner.

Closed Thread