HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: National Championships

Old
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
OT: National Championships

For those of you who live in the east end and wanna see some exciting hockey. The 2006 National Ball Hockey Championships are going on this week at Martin Brodeur Arena in St Leonard.

2 days have past and it's been pretty exciting so far. The pace is incredibly fast for ball hockey and I find it more exciting then any minor hockey game.

Quebec teams are off to a good start too. The Montreal Black Knights are 2 and 0 and the 5 time defending champion Montreal Red Lite are 3 and 0.

If anyone wants to see some exciting hockey, you should definatly check it out. Arena has been full the last 2 days.

Schedule can be found on www.ballhockeynews.com (right side of the screen)

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

update: Montreal Black Knights won 8-1 this morning to improove to 3 and 0.

Old
08-09-2006, 02:07 PM
wpg_habsfan

vCash: 500
I know this is off topic, but if you like brutal sports, and women in bathing suits... the PanAm (North and South American) U20 Water Polo championships are going on in Montreal. My sister is the backup goalie for Canada(she's only 17).

Check it out, it's a fun sport to watch (and play)!

Last edited by wpg_habsfan: 08-09-2006 at 03:15 PM.
wpg_habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
tinyzombies

I'm going to watch the final (of the ballhockey, not the water polo - tho that sounds intriguing) on Saturday at 3:30. Should be good. I've heard a lot about the Red Lite, but have never seen them play.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I'm going to watch the final (of the ballhockey, not the water polo - tho that sounds intriguing) on Saturday at 3:30. Should be good. I've heard a lot about the Red Lite, but have never seen them play.

ill be at the finals.
Ive been at the 3 Black Knights games and the 3 Red Lite games, plus a couple of other games.

Both Montreal teams have a great shot at meeting in the finals. Red Lite is just amazing, It's incredible the way they pass the ball around. Black Knights have looked good to but they have played 2 of the weaker teams in the tournament.

Red Lite plays tonight at 8:00 PM
It really sucks that their best player isnt playing in the tournament (Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrows). But they still have alot of weapons. Keep yours eyes on #66 Benoit Gilbert.

Old
08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I doubt the Black Knights make it.I saw them last night not that strong.He always plays Biaggio and Musto and he won't win like that.Also Terry Ryan looks horrible can't believe he was a first round pick.

I say the Red Lite will win but against the Midnight Express or the Oilers

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I doubt the Black Knights make it.I saw them last night not that strong.He always plays Biaggio and Musto and he won't win like that.Also Terry Ryan looks horrible can't believe he was a first round pick.

what?? terry ryan is now playing roller hockey???

Galchenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed View Post
It's not roller hockey, it's ball hockey.

So, I assume the Red Lite are a fast team built around puck movement and the Black Knights are a fast team that plays a more defensive style.

Can someone give the rundown of the teams and their styles of play?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:

ya, its always the same guys i agree but any team would keep putting biaggio and paulo. however his pp line sucks. laflamme is no more god and always caughs up the ball. i think he should play defencemen joe ruvo abit more. he's the best 21 year old in all of ptm and definatly can compete in the A

Old
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed View Post
its ball hockey and yes terry ryan is playing. he has been playing with the black knights in the nationals since 2002

Old
08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
It's not roller hockey, it's ball hockey.

So, I assume the Red Lite are a fast team built around puck movement and the Black Knights are a fast team that plays a more defensive style.

Can someone give the rundown of the teams and their styles of play?
red lite: best team by far. they move the ball quickly and effecivly. they have many offensive weapons that they can turn to at any time. what sepperates them the most from other teams is that when the players dont have the ball they keep running looking to get open. they have 9-10 guys that play on team canada.

black knights: they like to rough it up with a physical game trying to thow you off your game. they have 2 or 3 offence weapons, with the best goalie in the world.

hurricane oilers: much like red lite they are a bunch of runners who move the ball well. not as effective and dont have as many finishers as red lite.

midnight express: not as impressive as years past. red lite beat them 7-6 but 5 of the 6 goals came on the power play.

the rest of the teams are of lower caliber and i dont se them having a chance.

all in all red lite should win a 6th straight championship. i see them facing black knights or hurricane oilers in the finals on saturday.

Old
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya, its always the same guys i agree but any team would keep putting biaggio and paulo. however his pp line sucks. laflamme is no more god and always caughs up the ball. i think he should play defencemen joe ruvo abit more. he's the best 21 year old in all of ptm and definatly can compete in the A

I agree the pp sucks especially yesterday.Ruvo should play more but again Tony is old minded and plays the veteran,he thinks he's playing for the stanley cup .

Also another one that should play more is Carlo Pisanelli.the kid could play and as a great shot and would be alot more dangerous on the pp instead of Ryan

Old
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
red lite: best team by far. they move the ball quickly and effecivly. they have many offensive weapons that they can turn to at any time. what sepperates them the most from other teams is that when the players dont have the ball they keep running looking to get open. they have 9-10 guys that play on team canada.

black knights: they like to rough it up with a physical game trying to thow you off your game. they have 2 or 3 offence weapons, with the best goalie in the world.

hurricane oilers: much like red lite they are a bunch of runners who move the ball well. not as effective and dont have as many finishers as red lite.

midnight express: not as impressive as years past. red lite beat them 7-6 but 5 of the 6 goals came on the power play.

the rest of the teams are of lower caliber and i dont se them having a chance.

all in all red lite should win a 6th straight championship. i see them facing black knights or hurricane oilers in the finals on saturday.
The Oilers have a good team but if there goalie dosen't come back from the injury of last night I don't like their chance's.But like you said there is no reason that the Red Lite lose

Old
08-09-2006, 07:04 PM
fidette

In the Red Lite team.. Jonathan Daout is a hell of a ball hockey player...

I saw him play twice in the league I play for in the summer.

fidette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
I agree the pp sucks especially yesterday.Ruvo should play more but again Tony is old minded and plays the veteran,he thinks he's playing for the stanley cup .

Also another one that should play more is Carlo Pisanelli.the kid could play and as a great shot and would be alot more dangerous on the pp instead of Ryan
Carlo played alot this morning and scored 2 goals. he is a great player.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
The Oilers have a good team but if there goalie dosen't come back from the injury of last night I don't like their chance's.But like you said there is no reason that the Red Lite lose
i found the Oilers backup goalie to be VERY good. If it wasnt for him Red Lite could have easily blown them away.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidette View Post
In the Red Lite team.. Jonathan Daout is a hell of a ball hockey player...

I saw him play twice in the league I play for in the summer.
He is really fast. He's good and one of their threats on offence. However by far, and i mean like by a mile, Benoit Gilbert is there best player (of course because Burrows isnt playing). If Burrows was playing, forget about it, Gilbert and him would have 3 goals a game each. They are 2/3 of team Canada's first line. Gilbert is alone and has 7 goals and 2 assists in 4 games to lead the tournament.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

TONIGHT's UPDATE: Black Knights beat the United Hawks(check next post for my opinion of the team) by a score of 3-2 to improove to 4 and 0.

Red Lite lost 3-1 (empty net) to the Edmonton Snipers to drop to 3 and 1 and in a 3 way tie for first place in their group.

Old
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

United Hawks: Good goalie, He was bombarded all game long vs the Black Knights and he came up with save after save including the save of the tournament after he caughed up the ball behind his net. Up front they have speed. Im not to crazy about them tho. I dont see them going far.

Edmonton Snipers: pulled off the upset of the tournament so far beating Red Lite. Red Lite dominated most of the game but the Edmonton goalie was just on top of his game stoning every rush. Lots of speedy forwards that were rewarded with 3 or 4 clear cut breakaways, one of which resulted in a collision with Red Lite goalie Pat St Louis and caused him to suffer a seperated shoulder. The Snipers showed that they are not scored to face anybody and are ready for the challenge. Although red lite didnt have their best game i give edmonton full credit for their effort. Id like to see them make at least the semi final.

Old
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Papadice

Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Interesting to see all of this on here... I'm actually sitting in a hotel room in Montreal at the moment on my laptop and just thought to check to see if there was anything on HFBoards about the tournament... I'm the starting goaltender for the Maritime Selects team... Unfortunately, things haven't gone as well as we would have liked this week but it's been a great learning experience... We came into this tournament with hopes of making the quarter finals but stand 0-4 going into our last game on Thursday against the Midnight Express... It's been a hell of a tournament though...

As much as some of you may think that we haven't competed by looking at the scores of the games, if you break the games down you'll see a different story... Up until tonight's loss (which I'm not sure of the breakdown of), we had 17 goals scored against us and 3 for us in 3 games... not good... BUT, if you break it down you'd see that of those 17 against, 12 were power play goals and 3 were short handed... In three games we had only given up 2 even strength goals against and those three games were against the Red Lite, the Edmonton Snipers and the Oilers... and of our 3 goals, only one was on the PP, so we are actually even when we are even strength...

Anyways, it's been a learning experience... Our team hasn't played much together at all (2 exhibition games against low level teams, plus a training camp and one practice) and we didn't realize how important specialty teams were at this level and have had our @sses handed to us on the score board because of it... Next year the Nationals are in Saint John, New Brunswick and we'll all have this year of experience under our belts to give it a good run... Plus, hopefully we'll have a full group of players to choose from instead of just the few that showed up at tryouts (having it at home should help)... I'm not saying we'll win the tournament or anything, but we'll be a much better team that we were this year...

Our opening game against the Red Lite on Monday night was a blast... What a thrill playing against such an amazing team... we lost 5-1 (3 PP goals and 1 SH goal)... they peppered me with shots but wow it was fun... we were actually tied 0-0 until 3 minutes before half time... We gave them a good run and showed them that even though they certainly have more talent, we'd run our @sses off... hopefully we gained a little respect from our effort this week...

Wish us well tomorrow night folks... our last game against the Midnight Express won't be an easy one... I have to get some sleep and rest up for tomorrow... I'm sure i'll need it... lol...

Lastly, from an insider's perspective into the tourny, i'll give my predictions...

I wasn't aware of St.Louis dislocating his shoulder tonight... but if he did, that really hurts the Red Lite... Even still, I say they make the finals... and they will likely face off against the Black Knights... The Oilers are good but I just don't see them cracking the finals yet... and if St.Louis is out, the Black Knights will win... If he plays, the Red Lite capture their 6th National title in a row...

Everyone who can should get out to see some games... Especially the finals... You'll be shocked at how fast and how good the games are.... This isn't your typical just for fun ball hockey... it's fast, tenacious, in your face hockey... Enjoy...

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Papadice, I saw ur game against Red Lite, you were on fire, congrats on that game. Im glad to hear that although you guys are getting beat you have had a good time and are taking in the experience.

I hope your sticking around to see the finals cuz its gonna be a great game, whoever it is thats gonna be playing.

Old
08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
TONIGHT's UPDATE: Black Knights beat the United Hawks(check next post for my opinion of the team) by a score of 3-2 to improove to 4 and 0.

Red Lite lost 3-1 (empty net) to the Edmonton Snipers to drop to 3 and 1 and in a 3 way tie for first place in their group.

Wow pretty hard to believe.Looks like the Knights will have a free pass

Old
08-10-2006, 08:14 AM
fidette

Quote:
He is really fast. He's good and one of their threats on offence. However by far, and i mean like by a mile, Benoit Gilbert is there best player (of course because Burrows isnt playing). If Burrows was playing, forget about it, Gilbert and him would have 3 goals a game each. They are 2/3 of team Canada's first line. Gilbert is alone and has 7 goals and 2 assists in 4 games to lead the tournament.
Yeah I heard about Burrows.. but never saw him play.. Supposed to be one of the top ball hockey player in Canada.

fidette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidette View Post
Yeah I heard about Burrows.. but never saw him play.. Supposed to be one of the top ball hockey player in Canada.

If he would be playing right now,the Red Lite would smash everyone.Burrows is probably the best player in the world right now(ball hockey of course)

Old
08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Papadice

Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Papadice, I saw ur game against Red Lite, you were on fire, congrats on that game. Im glad to hear that although you guys are getting beat you have had a good time and are taking in the experience.

I hope your sticking around to see the finals cuz its gonna be a great game, whoever it is thats gonna be playing.
I wouldn't miss the finals for the world... I'll likely watch all of the quarters and semis too... I saw the finals a couple of years ago in Toronto and it was unbelievable... It was the best, most exciting, hardest hitting game of ball hockey that I've ever seen... I'm sure our whole team will be there...

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote