HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aubin and D'Agostini

Old
08-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Aubin and D'Agostini

Do you guys think they will play in Hamilton this season?

After reading the new top 20 prospects page on HF, it seems that the writer thinks they'll play another year of junior.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Both are signed and will get long looks at Hamilton's camp, I'm sure.

Personally I see them both making it. I feel D'Agostini is a lock. Aubin still needs some work, and is even a month or so younger than D'Ags (making him one of the youngest players in the AHL if he plays there), so maybe going back to junior for a final year wouldn't hurt him. That said, both guys have lots of potential and skills, and I think they'll end up with the Bulldogs.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Guleph's GM was quoted as saying D'Agostini won't be back, so I'm guessing he talked with Gainey this summer but I can't say for sure. Plus why sign them so early when they don't need to be signed for another year, and in the ECHL they would see a ton of ice time against men. The Cyclones are going to be a very young and inexperienced team from the early looks of things, so if we had to send one or both of them, they should see a great deal of ice time. But I think it would be up to Gainey, where he feels they would be better off.

We have to wait and see if any more players are added to Hamilton's roster from now to the end of camp. Will the Oilers send 2 or so players? Will Gainey pick up any more vets, since only Manlow, Jancevski and Baines were brought in as vets with Milroy, Archer and Ferland entering their 4th season in the AHL.

As of today Hamilton is looking at a possible roster of,

Kostitsyn, Grabovsky, Manlow, Locke, Lapierre, Milroy, Ferland, Lemieux, Chipchura, Baines, Lambert, Urquhart, D'Agostini, Aubin, Bonneau, Stewart.

Jancevski, Cote, Archer, O'Byrne, Sanford, Benoit, Gleed, Dulac

Danis, Halak, Desjardins.

That's 16 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3 goalies. Some of these guys will be in the ECHL and likely one will be in the NHL. Desjardins, Dulac, Bonneau, I'd peg for the ECHL as a guess right now. But we'll have to see who does what at camp.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think we've been over this on other threads before, but the way things look from a distance, we have the following situation looming in Hamilton:

Forwards who are locks (10): Locke(!), Ferland, Milroy, Lemieux, Manlow, Baines, Chipchura, two of Lapierre/Kostitsyn/Grabovsky, probably Lambert

Forwards who are possibles (6): the other one of Lapierre/Kostitsyn/Grabovsky (if none make the Habs), Urquhart, Bonneau, G.Stewart, Aubin, D'Agostini

I hope I'm not forgetting anybody. Anyway, if 10 spots up front are already filled for the Bulldogs, and if they want a toughguy in another spot, then I'd be a little bit cautious about assuming that Aubin and/or D'Agostini will both be there. I'm not sure it would benefit them to play lesser roles. If they can win a spot in the top-9 outright in camp (which I don't think is impossible) then by all means, keep them in Hamilton. If they're going to be Hamilton's Black Aces, however, I'd rather see them in the ECHL or even back in junior. I don't think that would necessarily hinder either of them. But as always, it comes right down to what they show in camp. Any of the AHL/ECHL/CHL options is equally possible as of now, IMHO.

EDIT: Or what Dan just said.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 08-15-2006 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Lack of telepathic link to prospects guru
Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Squeaky

In addition to the rosters people have already listed, the Dogs have the right to sign another vet with their own money this year, as they were given permission for two, and I'm pretty sure Jancevski and Baines were brought in by the Habs, not the Dogs. Someone please correct me if I've got that wrong.

Just to make a random guess, I'm going to say D'Ags is going to split time in the AHL and ECHL, while Aubin will go back to junior. Total guesses.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:42 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Manlow and Baines are the two vets the Dogs bring in

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Im sure D'agostini can make the team,however I would like to see him go back to the juniors and dominate the hole season.It will do him good for is carreer.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im sure D'agostini can make the team,however I would like to see him go back to the juniors and dominate the hole season.It will do him good for is carreer.
He was dominate this year, one of the leagues top 20ish scorers and top 5 in the playoffs.

Old
08-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Talent Analyst

I see both Aubin and D'Agostini in Hamilton this year and they will have they're place .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Am I the only one who thinks Aubin is better than D'Agostini?

Anyways, I see them both making it. Hamilton will be a better team next year.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 09:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post

Depends on what you mean better. D'Agostini is faster and a better skater, plays a more complete game. Aubin has the better shot imo. Don't know who has the better vision, both can setup plays well. If I was picking a player for the PP, I'd go with Aubin, for the PK I'd pick D'Agostini. Overall I'd rather have D'Agostini since imo he plays a more complete game but Aubin has the size advantage and if he starts to assert himself more physically then he could turn out to be a heck of a prospect.

Old
08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post

Aubin has more upside...

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I see D'Agostini be a better match with the Dogs 'cause of his complete game though like every first year guy, shouldn't show that much offensively but like Higgins did will pick it up as the year goes by.

As far as Aubin goes, well I would rather, if it comes to that, see Urquhart makes it to have a final look, or close to it, at the guy and see what he finally can do at the AHL level and have Aubin works on his overall game and keeps racking up some points at the ECHL level. I just see him doing well even in his first season with the Cyclones, should have tons of minutes down there.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote