HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds D in 06-07

Old
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think there were server problems yesterday. Don't let that deter you - we would hate to lose a poster of your quality!
*cough vbookie cough*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe if we make him a moderator he'll stay.......

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Vbookie was the route of all the problems. It has been removed down to the basics.....only betting is left, which is what it should have been left at originally. Everyone gets 500 points, and it has nothing to do with post counts, etc.

As for the moderator comments, I'm not sure if thats a shot at me, or what. I didn't ask to be made a moderator, they asked me. If you have a problem with it, then take it up with me or the other moderators instead of posting one-liners in multiple threads. I really do not see what the big deal is, as moderating is more of a responsibility than anything else...

08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's just a freaking joke, don't get so uptight. I just think it's funny we have so many moderators. And I'll post my oneliners whenever I see fit to post them, you don't like them, delete them, afterall you are a mod.....

Old
08-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Your not breaking any rules, so why would I delete any of your comments?

I'm not trying to be uptight, but in several different threads on the Predators boards you have been making comments of this nature......If your joking, fine. If you have a genuine problem with me or with the moderators, then by all means talk to us - that was my point and it still stands.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 10:56 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't worry, I'm only joking. You have to admit having a board, with 6 posters and 3 moderators is sort of funny.

I understand what Mods do, and you're better than me, I wouldn't do it, in fact I turned it down years ago.

Don't get upset though, it will not be the last time I make a joke about it.

Old
08-24-2006, 12:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Don't worry, I'm only joking. You have to admit having a board, with 6 posters and 3 moderators is sort of funny.

I understand what Mods do, and you're better than me, I wouldn't do it, in fact I turned it down years ago.

Don't get upset though, it will not be the last time I make a joke about it.
He was made moderator because Smokey is moving to Florida, as you may recall, and won't be posting much anymore. At that time, he's stepping down as mod. While having even two mods may not make a lot of sense to you, I can tell you that during the season(when there's a lot more than 'six posters,') it helps greatly to have someone around to cleanup the messes in the inevitable flamewar GDTs that ensue after every controversial call or goal...especially since I work during the day and can't access the site.

What's the problem, though? It's not like our board is being over-moderated...I'm not really understanding where the attitude\disgust is coming from. Hopefully the season starting remedies this, because a few people seemingly have nothing productive to say, ever, anymore...and only want to piss on other people about various other things. While no rules are being broken, it's certainly confusing and a little frustrating...simply as a Preds fan.

p303...as mentioned, the vPlaza thing was tried as a fun little add-on to the site, but it was too buggy and was thus removed. However, I haven't noticed problems on the scale that you mentioned...nor have I had anyone mention it to me...so I'm not sure what the problem may be. I'd recommend PMing Buffaloed, the board admin, and letting him know exactly what the situation may be. Since it seems to be affecting you more than anyone, it might be a matter of a setting you could change. You're one of the best posters we have, and I'd hate to lose you because of tech. difficulties.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 12:58 PM
handtrick

I gotta admit.....there is waaaay too much sensitivity about this moderator thing around here, and I thought Trigg's joke was funny and not particularly malicious.....so I don't understand the big deal.....

Now as far as all the Pred303 butt kissing going on around here......THAT is what is making me really nauselated......

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 01:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I gotta admit.....there is waaaay too much sensitivity about this moderator thing around here, and I thought Trigg's joke was funny and not particularly malicious.....so I don't understand the big deal.....

Now as far as all the Pred303 butt kissing going on around here......THAT is what is making me really nauselated......
There's no big deal, and I'm not as annoyed as my post makes me sound. If anything, I'm concerned, because it seems like a few long-term posters are consistently unhappy...and I'd like to do whatever I can to rectify that. No one holds the moderator job over anyone's heads, no one treats it like a special club...if anything, I get a lot of crap from posters from other teams for having an opinion,

(Me: I have a hard time seeing the Oilers in the playoffs this year, despite the great run they had last year. The defense is too suspect.

RandomOilersFan4Lyfe!!: UGH, AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A MOD? YOU'RE SO BIASED!)

I just don't want to be resented because 4 or 5 games a year, we have trolls from other boards here(see the Flames game last year, or worse yet, the Sharks or Kings games) and we need two people to deal with it. It's a necessary evil, as anyone who reads the other boards can see.

Old
08-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post

Blame me . I just had shoulder surgery on Monday, and I read too much into what Trigg was saying. These pain pills make me irritable . Still, if anyone has a problem or needs to talk, I am always open to discussion. I was not trying to sound rude to triggr, but if he was genuinely upset, I did want to resolve the issue. Since it was nothing, just blame it on my hypersensitivity due to all the medicine and pain I am in right now .

And like nomore said - there is a core group of posters here that we want to remain and stay active, not only for the posts they make, but for the knowledge and friendship they bring to the table. If you guys are upset, we want to help that situation. Its not my intentions to make things worse !

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Blame me . I just had shoulder surgery on Monday, and I read too much into what Trigg was saying. These pain pills make me irritable . Still, if anyone has a problem or needs to talk, I am always open to discussion. I was not trying to sound rude to triggr, but if he was genuinely upset, I did want to resolve the issue. Since it was nothing, just blame it on my hypersensitivity due to all the medicine and pain I am in right now .
shoulder surgery is usually pretty uncomfortable initially, so I wish you the best and your irritability is, by the way, forgiven...

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 01:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
Lehtonen hardly came to play AHL. He have clause that he may leave to Europe if he won't get to play in NHL. And I think Nashville will give him at least chance to prove his ability.
That'd be a foolish move on his part, if he ever wishes to make it to the NHL. I've never understood the whole, "either I make the NHL outright, or I go home" attitude, because it's totally ignoring the best way to MAKE the NHL. How many guys make the team out of camp...only to be sent down? How many guys get called up due to injuries, and never go back down? Why would Lehtonen screw himself out of a chance to make a move similar to Vernon Fiddler\Jerred Smithson? Both those guys failed to make the team out of camp last season...and were called up very early on, never to return to Milwaukee. This summer, both were given 1 way deals. With a defense as young and in question as ours, Lehtonen would be best served to do his best in camp...make an impression...and if he fails to make the team, go down to Milwaukee, work hard, and get himself called up to show that he can handle it. At worst...he's got the inside track on a job next season.

Old
08-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Cyberslacker

Fantasy Q: What kindo of numbers do you see Timonen putting up?

TIA

Cyberslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

IMHO, he'll top last seasons numbersby 5-10%