HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Kornholio piling on

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 07:17 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Tony Kornholio piling on

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Nov13.html

Classic Tony:

"This Cassidy kid, he's nice looking. I'd put him in group sales. After a few weeks if I joined the long list of owners who couldn't stomach Keenan anymore, I'd cut him loose. But at least I'd know I tried to shake up my team by doing something other than e-mailing."

Great last line.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Kornheiser also suggested getting Jagr.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:52 PM
tom_servo

Did he suggest the 5-year extension?

Old
11-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo
Did he suggest the 5-year extension?
Not to my knowledge, but I do hear that he supplies visors to the ol' ball coach.

Kinda curious about your message; are you defending Jagr or ripping Leonsis?

Old
11-14-2003, 08:05 PM
tom_servo

I'm not defending or ripping either of them; only trying to create a more accurate picture of events.

The mistake wasn't in trading for Jagr, it was in giving him the extension before he stepped foot on Capital ice. So, unless Kornholio thought that was a good idea as well, your insult seems a little hollow.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

Quote:
I'm not defending or ripping either of them; only trying to create a more accurate picture of events.

The mistake wasn't in trading for Jagr, it was in giving him the extension before he stepped foot on Capital ice. So, unless Kornholio thought that was a good idea as well, your insult seems a little hollow.
How so? I implied the Kornheiser is uniformed, and happily so, about hockey. He says he is. I see no hollowness. I see confirmation.

Yes, the contract extension was a huge mistake, but it had nothing to do with Kornheiser, and certainly has nothing to do with what I was saying. Apples and oranges.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:02 AM
tom_servo

You tried to cast Kornholio (I love it) in a bad light by reminding everyone that he suggested acquiring Jagr, but that turned out to be a timely suggestion since it came true despite all odds. Trading for Jagr was a worthwhile gamble. That only reflected well upon Kornheiser.

Kornheiser is usually uninformed; all I'm saying is that your example is a bad one.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

Quote:
You tried to cast Kornholio (I love it) in a bad light by reminding everyone that he suggested acquiring Jagr, but that turned out to be a timely suggestion since it came true despite all odds. Trading for Jagr was a worthwhile gamble. That only reflected well upon Kornheiser.

Kornheiser is usually uninformed; all I'm saying is that your example is a bad one.

"Trading for Jagr was a worthwhile gamble."

This is where we disagree. I was against getting Jagr then. Thus, in my eyes, it's a good example:

Kornheiser suggested getting Jagr. It isn't working out (even without the ridiculous extension). Bad suggestion.

Kornheiser suggests getting Kennan. I don't think that would work out, either. IMO, that is another bad suggestion.

Closed Thread