HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nolan to Phoenix??

Old
08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
*cough*Gretzky*cough*
He'd lead the way to his restaurant afterwards...he would then force all of his players to purchase the most expensive meal on the menu...an opportunity not exploited to the absolute limit is an opportunity wasted.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
They could just be saying that because his departure from the Leafs was extremely bitter (and was only just settled today). How many players who walk away from the Kings are regarded fondly by Kings fans afterward? Exactly. There may be something to the claims of Toronto-based radio stations or there may be nothing; it's hard to know.
I see what you are saying, but they referenced the San Jose days a lot as well. If it were any other Toronto-based station or reporter, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, I respect Ludzy a lot more than most of the others. He is a real straight-shooter.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
He'd lead the way to his restaurant afterwards...he would then force all of his players to purchase the most expensive meal on the menu...an opportunity not exploited to the absolute limit is an opportunity wasted.
Denny's is better than that dump. Go across the street to Leoni's and then take in SCTV next door.

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
wheeler1*

Quote:
*cough*Gretzky*cough*
He has passes his battery of tests and has a clean bill of health on his knee, a healthy Nolan is a dangerous scorer. Atleast the yotes are improving while taking a few risks along the way. Nolan's deal is for just one year at 1.2 mill and he is only 34 years old. I would say that it's a great signing.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
He has passes his battery of tests and has a clean bill of health on his knee, a healthy Nolan is a dangerous scorer. Atleast the yotes are improving while taking a few risks along the way. Nolan's deal is for just one year at 1.2 mill and he is only 34 years old. I would say that it's a great signing.
Just because you can pass a physical doesn't mean you will be the player you were before. It's possible that the Yotes could have 2 Hull's all over again with Roenick and Nolan.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 02:19 AM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Just because you can pass a physical doesn't mean you will be the player you were before. It's possible that the Yotes could have 2 Hull's all over again with Roenick and Nolan.
It's possiable but unlikley. Nolan and Roenick aren't going to retire in the first 5 games of the season , like Hull.Nolan is 34 and Roenick is 36 , they aren't 40 years old. They both have a couple of good years left. Roenick is with his family now(Phoenix) and isn't separated like he was in L.A. from his family. Roenick should be modivated now and is in great shape and he is home to the team that he helped reach the post season 4out5 years in his stay with Phoenix. If neither Nolan or Roenick pan out, it wasn't a huge loss because they are both on cheap one year deals. They are both High risk=High reward type players and both will not retire like HULL! I is stupid to compare these two players to Hull, when one is six years younger and the other is four years younger. Hull retired because he was too old at 40 yeasr of age and was too slow and couldn't keep up. I'am not saying that Nolan and Roenick are going to have career years but they should help add some scoring which both players are capable of and they will do it with cheap one year deals, not retirement.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 05:41 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

Nolan...wow im so mad we didn't get him.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Fingolfin

Not that the Kings are actually going to compete this year anyway... with or without Owen Nolan.

- Fin

Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
If you're referring to the revelation at the GM breakfast that Hextall shot down the idea of signing a certain player, I considered that, too, until I went back to the transcript of the event. Lombardi said that that player went to another team, so it couldn't have been Nolan.
Can someone PLEASE give me or send me the transcript of the entire GM Lunch event and all the major details discussed. THANK YOU.

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
johnjm22

At $1.2M for 1 year, this is a great signing by Pheonix. A low-risk, high-reward type of signing.

If Dumont is our only other option, I'd rather have Nolan. JP will get a multi year deal at over $2.5M per. That, in my opinion, is a higher risk then signing Nolan to a 1 year $1.2M deal.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 02:21 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78 View Post
Can someone PLEASE give me or send me the transcript of the entire GM Lunch event and all the major details discussed. THANK YOU.
It's probably still up on the Kings site.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78 View Post
Do a search in this forum for "GM Breakfast" and you'll find it.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote