HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lookin for a young enforcer/goon...

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Clash*

vCash: 500
Lookin for a young enforcer/goon...

Florida has Darcy Hordichuk, who is far from bein considered a heavyweight in the realm of enforcers, and the other teams in the league do not take exception to him bein on the ice like they did Worrell. Who in the league, under the age of 24, would be available as a heavyweight in the likes of Worrell, Laraque, Domi, and Brashear? Someone preferably capable of holdin an everday shift that can skate (something Worrell couldn't do) and occasionally chip in offensively. Defenseman or forward. Doesn't matter.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:32 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Florida has Darcy Hordichuk, who is far from bein considered a heavyweight in the realm of enforcers, and the other teams in the league do not take exception to him bein on the ice like they did Worrell. Who in the league, under the age of 24, would be available as a heavyweight in the likes of Worrell, Laraque, Domi, and Brashear? Someone preferably capable of holdin an everday shift that can skate (something Worrell couldn't do) and occasionally chip in offensively. Defenseman or forward. Doesn't matter.
Sean Brow, Scott Parker both come to mind; as does Andre Roy. That's all I can think of right now.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
I think Nathan Perrot is 25

Old
11-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Teemu

travis moen?

Old
11-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Sean Brow, Scott Parker both come to mind; as does Andre Roy. That's all I can think of right now.
Not one of these guys is UNDER 24, so they don't fit the criteria. I'm lookin for a young brawler. Someone along the lines of Sean Avery of LA (tho not a heavy weight) or Andrew Peters of Buffalo. Someone ready to step into regular duty and can be the enforcer while not bein laughed at.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
What would you offer to take young Mr. Ryan Flinn off of our hands in L.A.?

Old
11-15-2003, 08:06 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Not one of these guys is UNDER 24, so they don't fit the criteria. I'm lookin for a young brawler. Someone along the lines of Sean Avery of LA (tho not a heavy weight) or Andrew Peters of Buffalo. Someone ready to step into regular duty and can be the enforcer while not bein laughed at.
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

I think they all fit the bill.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Blatny Spears

Exelby's not a brawler, just a guy that will drop the gloves if he has to. I certainly don't think he's the type of guy that will make other teams think twice about taking liberties with the Thrashers.

I'd give Florida a fourth-round pick if they took Lessard off our hands.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
leafaholix*

Nathan Perrott (Toronto) is a guy who can fight anyone and he can actually play the game. Not the greatest skater on the team, but he's got a power forward game.

He's around 27 I believe.

I'd say he'd easily take Wade Belak if they were to face off against eachother.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Rex8

vCash:
Fedoruk is 24 although not able to fight for another 6 weeks due to a facial injury. Can fight and play a fairly regular shift. His price is open for debate though.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:36 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

After watching Darryl Bootland Emberass Steve Ott, IM convinced Bootland could be a good middleweight Tough guy.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:07 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
Fedoruk is 24 although not able to fight for another 6 weeks due to a facial injury. Can fight and play a fairly regular shift. His price is open for debate though.
I thought they said like 2 weeks. He'll have a metal plate in face lookin like Dr. Doom

Old
11-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Jamie

Goddard would be my top choice for your criteria. He's got some decent skill to go along with his knuckles as well.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Goddard would be my top choice for your criteria. He's got some decent skill to go along with his knuckles as well.
I agree, I think Goddard has a good chance at being the toughest guy in the NHL in a couple years. He's pretty slow and doesn't have great hands but for a tough guy he has average/slightly above average skills. As a fighter he has the ability to beat the pulp out of almost anyone, although he still has a lot to learn before getting the better of the Brashear's and Laraques of the league.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I agree, I think Goddard has a good chance at being the toughest guy in the NHL in a couple years. He's pretty slow and doesn't have great hands but for a tough guy he has average/slightly above average skills. As a fighter he has the ability to beat the pulp out of almost anyone, although he still has a lot to learn before getting the better of the Brashear's and Laraques of the league.

I'm not a fan, although he was worth the third rounder we paid. He is completely lacking in talent. I would have rather stayed with with Wiemer - a true tough guy who can play.

Sigh.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:

Why would you think Tootoo is an enforcer...

Old
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
RamczyK

Couldn't the Panthers just recall d Grant McNeill? He is going to be a premier enforcer soon enough...

Old
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Marc-Andre Roy.

But I doubt the Canucks are willing to give him up...so...yeah...

Old
11-15-2003, 10:43 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I ve seen him go with Marchment. Don't know if he had a bad night, but Godard looked bad.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Why would you think Tootoo is an enforcer...
Because he is a pain in the butt who is willing to fight when necessary.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Rex8

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I thought they said like 2 weeks. He'll have a metal plate in face lookin like Dr. Doom
He can play in two, but will not be able to fight for about 6 weeks - I bet he loses his spot to Somik until he can fight again.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit@Jeremiah.net
Couldn't the Panthers just recall d Grant McNeill? He is going to be a premier enforcer soon enough...
McNeill isn't ready to step into the line-up even at a random pace. Florida is in need of someone who can walk out on the ice and put the fear of god in the opposing team if they try and take liberties with the Huselius or Weiss types on this team this year. McNeill may not be ready for a year or two at best.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:01 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
He can play in two, but will not be able to fight for about 6 weeks - I bet he loses his spot to Somik until he can fight again.
Tru, prolly would've lost it to Somik anyway.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:43 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:

Only person in this group who is a legit heavyweight is Godard. Everyone else is a middleweight, save Tootoo who's a lightweight/pest. Yonkman is a behemoth but he's REALLY REALLY injury prone/snake-bit... he's a lot like an undeveloped Colin White.

Honestly, what you ask for is something that is almost impossible to find. You want someone that can not only take on the top enforcers in the league, but who's under 24 and can actually play hockey too. If a team has someone like that, they aren't going to be giving them up. Weimer is the closest thing I can think of and he still would get pretty torn up by guys like Laraque, Worrell and Domi. Stephen Peat too, but he still needs development in both hockey skill and fighting skill. What you ask for is something you're only going to find in a veteran.

Old
11-15-2003, 12:03 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
You mean you want something like a 23 year old Bob Probert with his 29 goals and 398 PIMs in '87?

Closed Thread