HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lookin for a young enforcer/goon...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2003, 06:11 AM
  #1
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Lookin for a young enforcer/goon...

Florida has Darcy Hordichuk, who is far from bein considered a heavyweight in the realm of enforcers, and the other teams in the league do not take exception to him bein on the ice like they did Worrell. Who in the league, under the age of 24, would be available as a heavyweight in the likes of Worrell, Laraque, Domi, and Brashear? Someone preferably capable of holdin an everday shift that can skate (something Worrell couldn't do) and occasionally chip in offensively. Defenseman or forward. Doesn't matter.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:32 AM
  #2
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Florida has Darcy Hordichuk, who is far from bein considered a heavyweight in the realm of enforcers, and the other teams in the league do not take exception to him bein on the ice like they did Worrell. Who in the league, under the age of 24, would be available as a heavyweight in the likes of Worrell, Laraque, Domi, and Brashear? Someone preferably capable of holdin an everday shift that can skate (something Worrell couldn't do) and occasionally chip in offensively. Defenseman or forward. Doesn't matter.
Sean Brow, Scott Parker both come to mind; as does Andre Roy. That's all I can think of right now.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:33 AM
  #3
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,298
vCash: 50
I think Nathan Perrot is 25

Pinto is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:56 AM
  #4
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,395
vCash: 500
travis moen?

Teemu is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:27 AM
  #5
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Sean Brow, Scott Parker both come to mind; as does Andre Roy. That's all I can think of right now.
Not one of these guys is UNDER 24, so they don't fit the criteria. I'm lookin for a young brawler. Someone along the lines of Sean Avery of LA (tho not a heavy weight) or Andrew Peters of Buffalo. Someone ready to step into regular duty and can be the enforcer while not bein laughed at.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 08:04 AM
  #6
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
What would you offer to take young Mr. Ryan Flinn off of our hands in L.A.?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 08:06 AM
  #7
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Not one of these guys is UNDER 24, so they don't fit the criteria. I'm lookin for a young brawler. Someone along the lines of Sean Avery of LA (tho not a heavy weight) or Andrew Peters of Buffalo. Someone ready to step into regular duty and can be the enforcer while not bein laughed at.
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

I think they all fit the bill.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 08:26 AM
  #8
Blatny Spears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toxostoma rufum
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Exelby's not a brawler, just a guy that will drop the gloves if he has to. I certainly don't think he's the type of guy that will make other teams think twice about taking liberties with the Thrashers.

I'd give Florida a fourth-round pick if they took Lessard off our hands.

Blatny Spears is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
  #9
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Nathan Perrott (Toronto) is a guy who can fight anyone and he can actually play the game. Not the greatest skater on the team, but he's got a power forward game.

He's around 27 I believe.

I'd say he'd easily take Wade Belak if they were to face off against eachother.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:29 AM
  #10
Rex8
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Fedoruk is 24 although not able to fight for another 6 weeks due to a facial injury. Can fight and play a fairly regular shift. His price is open for debate though.

 
Old
11-15-2003, 09:36 AM
  #11
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

I think they all fit the bill.
After watching Darryl Bootland Emberass Steve Ott, IM convinced Bootland could be a good middleweight Tough guy.

X8oD is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:07 AM
  #12
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
Fedoruk is 24 although not able to fight for another 6 weeks due to a facial injury. Can fight and play a fairly regular shift. His price is open for debate though.
I thought they said like 2 weeks. He'll have a metal plate in face lookin like Dr. Doom

blah is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:23 AM
  #13
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Goddard would be my top choice for your criteria. He's got some decent skill to go along with his knuckles as well.

Jamie is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:32 AM
  #14
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Goddard would be my top choice for your criteria. He's got some decent skill to go along with his knuckles as well.
I agree, I think Goddard has a good chance at being the toughest guy in the NHL in a couple years. He's pretty slow and doesn't have great hands but for a tough guy he has average/slightly above average skills. As a fighter he has the ability to beat the pulp out of almost anyone, although he still has a lot to learn before getting the better of the Brashear's and Laraques of the league.

Le Golie is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:34 AM
  #15
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I agree, I think Goddard has a good chance at being the toughest guy in the NHL in a couple years. He's pretty slow and doesn't have great hands but for a tough guy he has average/slightly above average skills. As a fighter he has the ability to beat the pulp out of almost anyone, although he still has a lot to learn before getting the better of the Brashear's and Laraques of the league.

I'm not a fan, although he was worth the third rounder we paid. He is completely lacking in talent. I would have rather stayed with with Wiemer - a true tough guy who can play.


Sigh.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
  #16
Joey24
Registered User
 
Joey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,437
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

I think they all fit the bill.

Why would you think Tootoo is an enforcer...

Joey24 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
  #17
RamczyK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Xavier Institute for the Gifted
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Couldn't the Panthers just recall d Grant McNeill? He is going to be a premier enforcer soon enough...

RamczyK is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
  #18
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,681
vCash: 422
Marc-Andre Roy.

But I doubt the Canucks are willing to give him up...so...yeah...

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:43 AM
  #19
aylib
User and abuser
 
aylib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Stale ol' Hockey
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I agree, I think Goddard has a good chance at being the toughest guy in the NHL in a couple years. He's pretty slow and doesn't have great hands but for a tough guy he has average/slightly above average skills. As a fighter he has the ability to beat the pulp out of almost anyone, although he still has a lot to learn before getting the better of the Brashear's and Laraques of the league.
I ve seen him go with Marchment. Don't know if he had a bad night, but Godard looked bad.

aylib is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
  #20
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Why would you think Tootoo is an enforcer...
Because he is a pain in the butt who is willing to fight when necessary.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
  #21
Rex8
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I thought they said like 2 weeks. He'll have a metal plate in face lookin like Dr. Doom
He can play in two, but will not be able to fight for about 6 weeks - I bet he loses his spot to Somik until he can fight again.

 
Old
11-15-2003, 10:58 AM
  #22
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit@Jeremiah.net
Couldn't the Panthers just recall d Grant McNeill? He is going to be a premier enforcer soon enough...
McNeill isn't ready to step into the line-up even at a random pace. Florida is in need of someone who can walk out on the ice and put the fear of god in the opposing team if they try and take liberties with the Huselius or Weiss types on this team this year. McNeill may not be ready for a year or two at best.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 11:01 AM
  #23
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
He can play in two, but will not be able to fight for about 6 weeks - I bet he loses his spot to Somik until he can fight again.
Tru, prolly would've lost it to Somik anyway.

blah is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 11:43 AM
  #24
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Ok, what about guys like Exelby (ATL), Lessard (ATL), Goddard (NYI), Erskine (DAL), Ott (DAL), Tootoo (NAS), Valeev (STL), Yonkman (WAS)?

I think they all fit the bill.

Only person in this group who is a legit heavyweight is Godard. Everyone else is a middleweight, save Tootoo who's a lightweight/pest. Yonkman is a behemoth but he's REALLY REALLY injury prone/snake-bit... he's a lot like an undeveloped Colin White.

Honestly, what you ask for is something that is almost impossible to find. You want someone that can not only take on the top enforcers in the league, but who's under 24 and can actually play hockey too. If a team has someone like that, they aren't going to be giving them up. Weimer is the closest thing I can think of and he still would get pretty torn up by guys like Laraque, Worrell and Domi. Stephen Peat too, but he still needs development in both hockey skill and fighting skill. What you ask for is something you're only going to find in a veteran.

DaleHunter is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:03 PM
  #25
aylib
User and abuser
 
aylib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Stale ol' Hockey
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
You mean you want something like a 23 year old Bob Probert with his 29 goals and 398 PIMs in '87?

aylib is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.