HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sags vs Remparts

Old
08-14-2006, 06:33 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Sags vs Remparts

Anyone going to the game wed's night? It's at 7:30 I believe. No clue if Mikus or Lacasse see any action since they might just go with mostly guys on the bubble of a roster spot. If anyone does make it to the game, it would be great to hear any info on either prospect.

Last edited by montreal: 08-14-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: wrong day, my bad
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Talent Analyst

Where the games ?? will be televised ?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Where the games ?? will be televised ?

Centre Georges-Vézina. tv for a preseason game, I'd guess doubtful.

Old
08-14-2006, 08:23 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

the game is wednesday not tomorrow

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 10:47 PM
True_Canadiens

Where can I find a LHJMQ Message Board?

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:08 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
If Mikus is going to play, I want to know he'll do.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:23 PM
habsrock44

Send a message via MSN to habsrock44
Hey guys, I'm up here in Alma (not far from where the Sags play) and I got to see the game. The Sags lost 2-1 but dominated the 1st, first half of the second, and 3rd periods. They broke down and took a lot of stupid penalties about halfway through the second and the Remparts scored both their goals then.

Concerning Mikus, man does this kid have some hands. Easily IMO the best player on the ice every shift. He's a really fast and smooth skater, and the program had him listed as 6'0" and 190 lbs. He was constantly making beatiful moves with the puck and shaking all of the defensive coverage. Overall I believe he was even +- for the night, he was on for the Sags goal but was in the box for one against. The 2 downsides to the evening was that he had at least 2 empty nets and couldn't put it in. The first was at the beginging of the game on a beautiul cross ice pass and missed the net wide left. The other one I remember was at the end of the game on a big rebound that came right to him and either he hit the post or the goalie's back pad cause the goalie had no chance but the puck never went in. I was at center ice so I couldn't quite see what happened. The other downside was I would have liked him to shoot some more. He has a great shot it seems, but it looked like he was always looking for the pass.

Now one thing that we have to keep in mind is that this is the first game of the preseason so hopefully he can only get better. I have a funny feeling I'll be in Alma a bunch of times so hoefully I'll be able to give some more caps of his games. I won't be there on the 25th against the Oceanic but I might be there on the 31st.

habsrock44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock44 View Post
Hey guys, I'm up here in Alma (not far from where the Sags play) and I got to see the game. The Sags lost 2-1 but dominated the 1st, first half of the second, and 3rd periods. They broke down and took a lot of stupid penalties about halfway through the second and the Remparts scored both their goals then.

Concerning Mikus, man does this kid have some hands. Easily IMO the best player on the ice every shift. He's a really fast and smooth skater, and the program had him listed as 6'0" and 190 lbs. He was constantly making beatiful moves with the puck and shaking all of the defensive coverage. Overall I believe he was even +- for the night, he was on for the Sags goal but was in the box for one against. The 2 downsides to the evening was that he had at least 2 empty nets and couldn't put it in. The first was at the beginging of the game on a beautiul cross ice pass and missed the net wide left. The other one I remember was at the end of the game on a big rebound that came right to him and either he hit the post or the goalie's back pad cause the goalie had no chance but the puck never went in. I was at center ice so I couldn't quite see what happened. The other downside was I would have liked him to shoot some more. He has a great shot it seems, but it looked like he was always looking for the pass.

Now one thing that we have to keep in mind is that this is the first game of the preseason so hopefully he can only get better. I have a funny feeling I'll be in Alma a bunch of times so hoefully I'll be able to give some more caps of his games. I won't be there on the 25th against the Oceanic but I might be there on the 31st.
thanks for the report!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:43 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

on Q' web site it says 3-1

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Talent Analyst

Nice report man

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Interesting , thanks for the report. Gotta have to go see some of Mikus this year.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Habitants

hey man good work on the write up! hopefully ill see you soon and we can shoot the ***** over a poker game

mikus osunds pretty good!
hopefully i will get a chance to see some of the prospects when they come to toronto!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:39 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock44 View Post

Thanks for the report. From what I know if Mikus (which isn't much since I only saw him once) I've been told he's more of a passer then shooter, so I suspect he will rack up the assists this year. I noticed he's got great speed, hope to see a little more of himself since he's still sort of a mystery to me.

Did he line up at center or did they put him on the wing? I beleive he plays both anyways. The only thing I heard is that the Sags plan on him being on the 1st line.

Old
08-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Thanks for the report. From what I know if Mikus (which isn't much since I only saw him once) I've been told he's more of a passer then shooter, so I suspect he will rack up the assists this year. I noticed he's got great speed, hope to see a little more of himself since he's still sort of a mystery to me.

Did he line up at center or did they put him on the wing? I beleive he plays both anyways. The only thing I heard is that the Sags plan on him being on the 1st line.
No idea how good a source it is, but LHJMQ.qc.ca lists him as a center in the boxscore/recap.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 05:38 AM
habsrock44

Send a message via MSN to habsrock44
Yeah sorry bout the score I forgot about the empty neter. He played the majority of the game as a RW not a center.

habsrock44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Great report! I guess that, and not only based on that game, but on his career so far is that he has all the tools but a tougher time to finish. But there's still tons of time for time, we're kinda stacked at the forwards position so he has the time to develop..... But he do needs to bring his confidence level up as far as scoring is concerned.

As far as hands and speed is concerned, well he's just confirming what he's been demonstrating all week in the development camp.

So good job Mikus and good job habsrock44!!!!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote