HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atlanta-Chicago-NYIslanders 3-way Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 04:15 AM
Voynich

vCash: 500
Atlanta-Chicago-NYIslanders 3-way Proposal

This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head involving a 3-way trade with Chicago-NYIslanders-Atlanta.

Something along the lines where Chicago would get Dafoe(with or without salary eaten by ATL), the yet to be determined asset from Chicago to the Isles and Parrish to Atlanta. The key to that is looking to see what Chicago has that NYI would be interested in. Obviously there aren't going to be any of the young guns moved out of Chicago so that leaves us with the veterans on the team:

Steve Sullivan - Salary: $3,000,000 - IMO the most valuable veteran asset on the team that isn't a defenseman.
Nathan Dempsey - Salary: $600,000 - had a career year last year and seems to be performing statistically just as well this season, he is leading the team in ice time and as sure a bet not to be traded as any.
Alexander Karpovtsev - Salary: $3,100,000 - He costs a whole lot, he plays like crap most of the time and unless he gets cut I think the Hawks are stuck with him
Jon Klemm - Salary: $2,500,000 - He is logging a ton of minutes and is +4 on the season, a little pricey but he logs big minutes and is a more probable asset to be moved due to his age.
Steve Poapst - Salary: $600,000 - Solid guy who logs tons of minutes at a miniscule salary. I doubt that he would be moved for those reasons.
Deron Quint - Salary: $550,000 - He is only getting about 10 or so minutes a game, he is still fairly young at 27, a tough d-man who can contribute offensively. I think he could be the guy to go.

So with that bunch of hooha out of the way lets look at who will probably be moved. In my mind I think there is no way Sullivan goes anywhere unless there is a huge, huge overpayment for him. Dempsey, Poapst, and Krapovtsev are staying. So I think you're looking at Klemm and Quint being available. Klemm IMO is more likely to be moved due to age and salary.

We already know that the Islanders are looking to move Parrish, that has been established. I know that most fans would look unfavorably on moving Hamrlik at this point, but he is a UFA after the season so he fits in one of my deals just perfectly.

Proposal #1 - The realistic one

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe

To NYI:
Chicago 5th Round Pick 2004
Atlanta 5th Round Pick 2004

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

Now before the flames on that one start, the picks going the Isles way may need to be monkey-wrenched quite a bit. However, this gives the Isles something in return for Parrish compared to the big fat nothing they got for Wiemer. Not to mention that the Hawks pick up Dafoe for only a 5th rounder.

Proposal #2 - The one that works in my fantasy world

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe
Chris Tamer
Kirill Safronov

To NYI:
Conditional Atlanta Draft Pick 2004(1st rounder if Hamrlik resigns/2nd if he don't)
Jon Klemm

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish
Roman Hamrlik

Just a slight modification of the previous deal. Chicago still gets Dafoe and gives up Jon Klemm for him, they also receive Chris Tamer, a veteran defenseman who can replace Klemm's minutes at half the price($1,100,000), and a former 1st round draft pick of a defenseman in Kirill Safronov for the rebuilding project.

The Islanders shed $3,450,000 million in salary ($5,950,000-$2,500,000) and pick up a guy in Klemm who is a veteran that is used to playing big minutes in Chicago.

The Thrashers significantly upgrade their forward depth and add the #1 defenseman they've been craving for so long. Hamrlik will be a UFA after the season anyhow and getting a return of a veteran defenseman and a possible 1st or 2nd round pick is a good deal for him IMHO, although I'm almost assuredly going to be roasted for that assumption.

Obviously deal #2 slants in Atlanta's favor by a huge, huge margin. So don't get your panty's all up in a wad about it too much.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:19 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Atlanta fan?

Old
11-15-2003, 04:20 AM
officeglen

Thanks, this should deflect the fishsticks phaser fire off my buckling shields of the nyi/ott thread.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:26 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voynich
This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head involving a 3-way trade with Chicago-NYIslanders-Atlanta.

Something along the lines where Chicago would get Dafoe(with or without salary eaten by ATL), the yet to be determined asset from Chicago to the Isles and Parrish to Atlanta. The key to that is looking to see what Chicago has that NYI would be interested in. Obviously there aren't going to be any of the young guns moved out of Chicago so that leaves us with the veterans on the team:

Steve Sullivan - Salary: $3,000,000 - IMO the most valuable veteran asset on the team that isn't a defenseman.
Nathan Dempsey - Salary: $600,000 - had a career year last year and seems to be performing statistically just as well this season, he is leading the team in ice time and as sure a bet not to be traded as any.
Alexander Karpovtsev - Salary: $3,100,000 - He costs a whole lot, he plays like crap most of the time and unless he gets cut I think the Hawks are stuck with him
Jon Klemm - Salary: $2,500,000 - He is logging a ton of minutes and is +4 on the season, a little pricey but he logs big minutes and is a more probable asset to be moved due to his age.
Steve Poapst - Salary: $600,000 - Solid guy who logs tons of minutes at a miniscule salary. I doubt that he would be moved for those reasons.
Deron Quint - Salary: $550,000 - He is only getting about 10 or so minutes a game, he is still fairly young at 27, a tough d-man who can contribute offensively. I think he could be the guy to go.

So with that bunch of hooha out of the way lets look at who will probably be moved. In my mind I think there is no way Sullivan goes anywhere unless there is a huge, huge overpayment for him. Dempsey, Poapst, and Krapovtsev are staying. So I think you're looking at Klemm and Quint being available. Klemm IMO is more likely to be moved due to age and salary.

We already know that the Islanders are looking to move Parrish, that has been established. I know that most fans would look unfavorably on moving Hamrlik at this point, but he is a UFA after the season so he fits in one of my deals just perfectly.

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe

To NYI:

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

Now before the flames on that one start, the picks going the Isles way may need to be monkey-wrenched quite a bit. However, this gives the Isles something in return for Parrish compared to the big fat nothing they got for Wiemer. Not to mention that the Hawks pick up Dafoe for only a 5th rounder.

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe
Chris Tamer
Kirill Safronov

To NYI:
Conditional Atlanta Draft Pick 2004(1st rounder if Hamrlik resigns/2nd if he don't)
Jon Klemm

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish
Roman Hamrlik

Just a slight modification of the previous deal. Chicago still gets Dafoe and gives up Jon Klemm for him, they also receive Chris Tamer, a veteran defenseman who can replace Klemm's minutes at half the price($1,100,000), and a former 1st round draft pick of a defenseman in Kirill Safronov for the rebuilding project.

The Islanders shed $3,450,000 million in salary ($5,950,000-$2,500,000) and pick up a guy in Klemm who is a veteran that is used to playing big minutes in Chicago.

The Thrashers significantly upgrade their forward depth and add the #1 defenseman they've been craving for so long. Hamrlik will be a UFA after the season anyhow and getting a return of a veteran defenseman and a possible 1st or 2nd round pick is a good deal for him IMHO, although I'm almost assuredly going to be roasted for that assumption.

Obviously deal #2 slants in Atlanta's favor by a huge, huge margin. So don't get your panty's all up in a wad about it too much.
It was a joke, right? RIght?

Old
11-15-2003, 04:34 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:

So why would you propose a trade where one team wins by a "huge, huge" margin?

Old
11-15-2003, 04:52 AM
Voynich

Well damn. I didn't think it was that brutal. Sorry to have upset all your little worlds with my intrusion.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
Quote:
The first proposal was the one I was hoping people would focus on and discuss the possibility of. The second one was just me just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it would stick. Obviously that wall is made of Teflon.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
Why must you waste my time, Weimer was a third liner earning 1.6, Parrish is a consistant 20 goal scorer second line winger who is 26 BTW, this Isles dumping salary thing is getting way out of hand, Milbury is listening to offers but has no gun to head from owners. Does he want to get rid of him sure, is he going to dump him like he dumped Weimer, no. A fourth and a fifth, get real......First of all Waddel is wasting his time cause I doubt Mike trades Parrish to an Eastern Conference foe especially if fate has it that they meet in the playoffs. Thrashers are in the East conference, they'll have to overpay for him cause Mike could dangle Parrish to several Western Conference teams and someone is bound to offer more than a fourth and a fifth. Were looking for a Kloucek and Shishkanov kind a deal, not a fourth and a fifth...
Sorry, I wasn't aware that Mad Mike had suddenly become a trading genius. I must have missed the memo.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Well

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't aware that Mad Mike had suddenly become a trading genius. I must have missed the memo.

im not even gonna comment on these two deals....The isles get absolutely mauled in them...

Old
11-15-2003, 06:15 AM
IslesJack

Send a message via ICQ to IslesJack Send a message via AIM to IslesJack
ummmm

I look at what the Isles return for Parrish is....what the hell?

Old
11-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
This

has to be the first time i have ever seen Deron Quint and tough mentioned in the same sentence

Old
11-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Dr Love

Quote:

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe

To NYI:

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

"The realisitic one" It isn't. Two fifth rounders? If the Isles were looking to dump Parrish, they could do a hell of a lot better than two fifth rounders.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Well damn. I didn't think it was that brutal. Sorry to have upset all your little worlds with my intrusion.
You haven't upset anyone's little worlds. If you post something, you must expect a comment on it. The comment is, your trade proposals are terrible, some of the worst ever. If you can't take criticism and get defensive, maybe you shouldn't have posted them in the first place.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:43 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
Because the Isles are only getting 2 5th round picks for Mark Parrish. they got 1 for Claude Lapointe and traded 1 for Randy Robitalle, a rental. Yikes!

Old
11-15-2003, 06:57 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Because the Isles are only getting 2 5th round picks for Mark Parrish. they got 1 for Claude Lapointe and traded 1 for Randy Robitalle, a rental. Yikes!
Surely you are not comparing Parrish to Lapointe or fake Robatille?

Old
11-15-2003, 07:19 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Atlanta fan?
I was thinking the same, both proposals are highly in favor for atlanta and they wont happen either

Old
11-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Wow...it looks like someone really has it in for the Isles

~TL

Old
11-15-2003, 07:38 AM
CREW99AW

[QUOTE=Voynich]This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head involving a 3-way trade with Chicago-NYIslanders-Atlanta.

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe

To NYI:

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

To Chicago:
Byron Dafoe
Chris Tamer
Kirill Safronov

To NYI:
Jon Klemm

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish
Roman Hamrlik

QUOTE]

what is this the fantasy board?

In 3-4 yrs on this board,this post is the most ridiculous I've ever come across.

Isles had a deal in place with the Hawks involving Weimer.Minn stepping I and taking him off waivers killed the deal.If the isles had been willing to take salary back,they'd probably have been able to deal Weimer to the flames.

Press says both the Thrashers and Hawks are talking to the nyi about Parrish.I'd say it's a good bet they realize he makes $2.3m.

Isles passed up offers 4-5 months ago that would have bought more back from either TB or Toronto for Hamrlik.

If you're gonna post these fantasy trades,you should keep them on your own board so they don't get mocked.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:43 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

Lapointe a was an impending ufa who'd rejected the nyi offer of a paycut on an extension.Isles knew they had several propsects who'd had strong ahl seasons and looked like they'd push for jobs.

isles bought Robitialle in for one reason:to spark the pp.He had 1-2 good games and was pretty much invisible the rest of the season.Why would they keep him?Cause he'd been so impressive in those 1-2 games

Old
11-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
You haven't upset anyone's little worlds. If you post something, you must expect a comment on it. The comment is, your trade proposals are terrible, some of the worst ever. If you can't take criticism and get defensive, maybe you shouldn't have posted them in the first place.
I posted the things for discussion, not to be ridiculed for them. If someone wants to point out that I seriously undervalued Mark Parrish and Roman Hamrlik then fine, do that. I obviously did and understand that now. No argument.

The fact of the matter is that there has been no discussion other than the implication of me being an idiot for proposing the ideas in the first place. No counter proposals, just a bunch of thread crapping. So apparently I have upset some people, and for that I'm sorry. This wasn't meant to troll or bring out the flamers in waiting. It was meant to stimulate conversation. It has done that, just not the type I was hoping it would. Just attacks.

Nothing along the lines of "If Atlanta wants Parrish/Hamrlik then this is what we want" or "For this deal to work it would need to be more like this" or "Looking at available assets I don't think a deal between these teams could work out".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
has to be the first time i have ever seen Deron Quint and tough mentioned in the same sentence
Then allow me to point you to where I got it from.

Link from NHL.com
Quote:
A tough defenseman, Quint can contribute offensively. Selected by the Winnipeg Jets in the 1994 Entry Draft. Won WHL Top Draft Choice Award (1993-94). Named to CHL All-Rookie team (1993-94). Named to WHL All-Star first team (1994-95).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
Milbury is listening to offers but has no gun to head from owners
I was mistaken and thought this was the case. This is why I originally had the Isles getting screwed so badly. I was merely looking for a way to help them cut some salary while helping my team at the same time. As I said above, I seriously undervalued Parrish and then Hamrlik later. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Well then I'm sorry for trying to make any kind of contribution to this community. I know I've responded to this quote once already but it really gets under my skin. I don't mind the criticism, but I'd prefer for it to be constructive not ridicule. I'm the type of person who doesn't ridicule others, just part of my nature. I usually expect the same respect from others. When I don't get it I tend to react to it adversely, sorry.

I put quite a bit of time into those proposals and when I post such warnings as "the picks going the Isles way may need to be monkey-wrenched quite a bit" and "The one that works in my fantasy world", then I expect some people to use basic reading comprehension skills and discuss the issue without ridiculing me. Sorry. My mistake.

Again, I don't mind the criticism. I expected some, but there has been little to no positive criticism in this entire thread just a bunch of ridicule and mockery so excuse me for getting a little defensive and I'd prefer in the future if you would refrain from telling me what to do.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Those deals were a little one-sided, even for salary dump deals.

11-15-2003, 10:30 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
I posted the things for discussion, not to be ridiculed for them. If someone wants to point out that I seriously undervalued Mark Parrish and Roman Hamrlik then fine, do that. I obviously did and understand that now. No argument.

The fact of the matter is that there has been no discussion other than the implication of me being an idiot for proposing the ideas in the first place. No counter proposals, just a bunch of thread crapping. So apparently I have upset some people, and for that I'm sorry. This wasn't meant to troll or bring out the flamers in waiting. It was meant to stimulate conversation. It has done that, just not the type I was hoping it would. Just attacks.
How's this for a counter?

To NY Islanders:
Patrik Stefan
Braydon Coburn
Garnet Exelby

To Atlanta:
Roman Hamrlik
Mark Parrish

Sure beats Dafoe for Parrish or a pair of 5th rounders for Parrish. Even here, I don't think the Isles make this deal.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Voynich

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
How's this for a counter?

To NY Islanders:
Patrik Stefan
Braydon Coburn
Garnet Exelby

To Atlanta:
Roman Hamrlik
Mark Parrish

Sure beats Dafoe for Parrish or a pair of 5th rounders for Parrish. Even here, I don't think the Isles make this deal.
I think it is a steep price considering that Hamrlik will be a UFA after the season and we'd be giving up our two best defensive prospects. I realize that acquiring Hamrlik is well out of the reach of the assets we have available and would be willing to move, I'd just love to have him(who wouldn't?).

Would something like this work for Parrish alone?

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

To NY Islandes:
Patrik Stefan
3rd round pick or your choice of Safronov/DiPenta/Foster

Or would the 3rd need to be made a 2nd. I doubt our 1st would be involved in a deal for Parrish alone, but I could see us going as high as a 2nd if the 3rd didn't suffice.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I

Well then I'm sorry for trying to make any kind of contribution to this community. I know I've responded to this quote once already but it really gets under my skin. I don't mind the criticism, but I'd prefer for it to be constructive not ridicule. I'm the type of person who doesn't ridicule others, just part of my nature. I usually expect the same respect from others. When I don't get it I tend to react to it adversely, sorry.

I put quite a bit of time into those proposals and when I post such warnings as "the picks going the Isles way may need to be monkey-wrenched quite a bit" and "The one that works in my fantasy world", then I expect some people to use basic reading comprehension skills and discuss the issue without ridiculing me. Sorry. My mistake.

Again, I don't mind the criticism. I expected some, but there has been little to no positive criticism in this entire thread just a bunch of ridicule and mockery so excuse me for getting a little defensive and I'd prefer in the future if you would refrain from telling me what to do.
Here is the problem: You posted a bunch of extremely unrealistic deals which absolutely decimate one team, and advantage your team, and the response was predictably quite hostile. Now, it may come down to the Isles making some terrible move for $ reasons, but nobody is going to respond well to a post saying "my team has $ and your team does not - so here are my spare parts for your best assets...".

Old
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think it is a steep price considering that Hamrlik will be a UFA after the season and we'd be giving up our two best defensive prospects. I realize that acquiring Hamrlik is well out of the reach of the assets we have available and would be willing to move, I'd just love to have him(who wouldn't?).

Would something like this work for Parrish alone?

To Atlanta:
Mark Parrish

To NY Islandes:
Patrik Stefan
3rd round pick or your choice of Safronov/DiPenta/Foster

Or would the 3rd need to be made a 2nd. I doubt our 1st would be involved in a deal for Parrish alone, but I could see us going as high as a 2nd if the 3rd didn't suffice.

Isles GM hates Stefan and his agent, and said so at the draft a few years ago. Stefan would also be our fifth center and he doens't make that much less than Parrish.

No deal.

Closed Thread