HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Sign Defenseman Nate Guenin

Old
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Flyers Sign Defenseman Nate Guenin

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2679.asp

Ex-Rangers' prospect. More depth for the Phantoms; it's a two year deal.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Nathan Guenin
Prospect Grade: 5.5 C

Talent Analysis
While Guenin’s reputation as a rough and tough defenseman is well known, where he has shown marked improvement this season has been on the offensive side of his game. He has shown a willingness to jump up into the play and his puck skills continue to not only improve but has proved to be particularly effective in the area of outlet passes.

One of Guenin’s greatest attributes is his leadership ability, and he has been named the captain for the 2005-06 squad.

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/nathan_guenin

Quote:
Rangers amateur scout Rich Brown had the opportunity to see a great deal of Guenin’s games over the past few seasons and has been impressed with the blueliner’s progress.

“He finishes his checks consistently and he is tough in front of the net,” noted Brown following OSU’s February 18th tilt vs. Michigan State. “He maintains a good gap through the neutral ice which allows him to effectively stand-up his opponents at the blueline. His puck game continues to improve. He carries it at the right times and moves it quickly up the ice.”

Similar feelings were echoed by Rangers professional scout Gordie Clark. “He is strong on his skates, works hard, and makes good outlet passes out of the zone.”

“I like Nate’s competitive level,” added Rangers Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Player Personnel Don Maloney. “He battles and stand up for his teammates.”
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/P...?Player=Guenin

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 06:53 PM
cbjfan4life

nice pickup......loved watching him play for the Bucks the past few years!

cbjfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I've seen some of him on FCS. There were just too many good defenders that he was behind in our farm system to have a real good shot at making this team, so he became expendable. He could possibly be an NHL defender one day, most likely a stay at home 6th, but like I said, being behind Tyutin, Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Baranka, and Pock, he had no chance. A NASTY stay at home defenseman who makes a decent first pass, and is a leader. Good character defenseman, but like I said, I don't think he's going to be an NHL'er one day. It's possible, but he'd have to make significant progress in his development.

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 08-16-2006 at 07:36 PM. Reason: More
CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Personally, I think that he's going to be a solid bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL one day in the future. He's a good kid who plays a mean, nasty game.

Nickname: Nasty Nate.

Solid player and I kinda hate to lose him.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:04 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Personally, I think that he's going to be a solid bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL one day in the future. He's a good kid who plays a mean, nasty game.

Nickname: Nasty Nate.

Solid player and I kinda hate to lose him.
agreed, we dont have alot of Dman with a nasty edge like Guenin does. We have Taylor but his skating is bad, and Liffiton who looks to be a number 5-6 dman at best if he makes it. He looked good in that game he played but he only played in one nhl game. We got alot of top 4 dman Sauer, Staal, Tyutin, Baranka, Saugnletti, Pock, Lampman. But none play the nasty game. We dont have a Colin White type dman who can playy in the NHL due to toughness and nastyness.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Kaktus*

Not to mention he is R hand shot which is great. I know nothing about this kid. How is skating?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
i am dave

So let's summarize this signing quickly - what is Guenin's realistic projection for the near and distant future?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
River Man

This was on the front page of my local newspaper. He's from Hopewell which is only about 15 miles from where I live (also the only player from my county to make it to the NHL). Congrats to the local guy.

River Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitkanenPower View Post
So let's summarize this signing quickly - what is Guenin's realistic projection for the near and distant future?
A competent replacement for Gauthier.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
califlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightspore View Post
This was on the front page of my local newspaper. He's from Hopewell which is only about 15 miles from where I live (also the only player from my county to make it to the NHL). Congrats to the local guy.
Hasn't made the NHL just yet, but I hope he does. sounds like a hard workin kid.

califlyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote