HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jon Gleed was not signed by August 15 deadline

Old
08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Jon Gleed was not signed by August 15 deadline

We lose his right but he accepted to start his pro career with one of our affiliate team, Hamilton or Cincinnati, so I suppose the Habs has kind of keep his right "unofficially"

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 04:22 PM
HabSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
We lose his right but he accepted to start his pro career with one of our affiliate team, Hamilton or Cincinnati, so I suppose the Habs has kind of keep his right "unofficially"
He signed a one-year contract with another optionnal year. So we can say that we cannot really lose him in the next two years...

If he does all right, maybe the Habs will sign him before his option is picked up by the Dogs... Well that's what I think could be done.

HabSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 05:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabSim View Post
He signed a one-year contract with another optionnal year. So we can say that we cannot really lose him in the next two years...

If he does all right, maybe the Habs will sign him before his option is picked up by the Dogs... Well that's what I think could be done.
That was an AHL deal though, so he could still sign an NHL team with any team. I don't think it will be a problem though, especially if he starts off in the ECHL.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 05:24 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabSim View Post

Where did you saw that he signed an optional year?

habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
HabSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Where did you saw that he signed an optional year?
If I remember correctly, I read it online in the Hamilton Spectator when the two (Gleed and Dulac-Lemelin) were signed... I don't know if I'll be able to find the article back, but if I do, I'll post a link...

Sorry... let me do some searching and I'll try to come back with something...

EDIT: I still haven't found anything related... I went through Biblio-Branchée, some ProQuest Data bases, Hamilton Spec online archives, googling... I know a saw that information somewhere but I don't remember where exactly... I've gathered the info without retaining sources... My bad...

Last edited by HabSim: 08-17-2006 at 07:50 PM.
HabSim is offline   Reply With Quote