HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canada-Russia junior tourney

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 09:51 AM
execwrite

vCash: 500
Canada-Russia junior tourney

The RE/MAX Canada-Russia Challenge Series starts on Mon. Nov. 17.

Shawn Belle is playing for the WHL team and Konstantin Barulin is playing for Russia. Two future Blues to keep an eye on and see how they do.

Here's a website

http://www.chl.ca/CHLRussiaChallenge/home.html

Old
11-17-2003, 05:07 PM
execwrite

The OHL beat the Russian team 7-1 in the first game of the tournament. Barulin played goal for Russia and several posters over on the HF Prospects Board weren't too impressed with our guy.

Apparently the Russians didn't send over a quality team so maybe it's hard to judge Barulin based on what he does in this tournament.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:26 PM
DrHockeyMD

If you had seen the game, you would know that Russia's team wasn't too bad. It was Barulin that was terrible. Not sure how many shots against he had, but the goals that I saw go in were nothing of even minor league-status.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:48 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHockeyMD
If you had seen the game, you would know that Russia's team wasn't too bad. It was Barulin that was terrible. Not sure how many shots against he had, but the goals that I saw go in were nothing of even minor league-status.
Thanks for your view. If you go over to the Prospects Board you'll get a very different opinion of the Russian team.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=28843

Old
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
DrHockeyMD

I'm not really arguing that Russia wasn't THAT bad. I'll admit they were bad. But did you see the goals that Barulin was letting in? Weak wristers, mostly, no screens. He'll never make it to the NHL if he can't make those saves. As per the thread you included, others also agree with me that while Russia was bad, Barulin only added to the misery.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:49 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
I'm not really arguing that Russia wasn't THAT bad. I'll admit they were bad. But did you see the goals that Barulin was letting in? Weak wristers, mostly, no screens. He'll never make it to the NHL if he can't make those saves. As per the thread you included, others also agree with me that while Russia was bad, Barulin only added to the misery.
That's strange. I had heard that Barulin had won first star when they were reporting it on SportsNet. Or did I just ehar wrong?

Old
11-18-2003, 10:29 PM
evman150*

The Russian team was terrible, but Barulin was equally bad. There is no sugar-coating his performance, he stunk.

That said, the team in front of him really was horrible.

I watched the game, and it easily could have been 10-1, 12-1, 14-1.

The OHL took off the gas in the second, rightfully so.

Old
11-19-2003, 08:35 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150

The OHL took off the gas in the second, rightfully so.
Thats cool. Theres no point in putting yourself in a position to get hurt. Just to bury the other team.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:49 AM
execwrite

A couple of posters on the Prospects board said that Pervyshin is playing well, but I don't see his name on the Russian roster. He's a Blues draft pick this year.

Does anyone know if he's playing in the tournament? Thanks

Old
11-23-2003, 05:15 AM
maxwell

Shkotov added to touring Russian team

"Three players of the QMJHL will join the Russian Team for the next game (2003/11/24) of this Canada-Russia Series. Two players of the Val-d'Or Foreurs, Alexander Kojevnikov and Artem Kozytsin, and Alexei Shkotov from the Quebec Remparts will be added to the roster of Team Russia."

If you are able to get Sportsnet you will be able to see Shkotov play.There are 3 remaining games...1 against QMJHL and 2 against the the WHL....

Old
11-23-2003, 06:50 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell
"Three players of the QMJHL will join the Russian Team for the next game (2003/11/24) of this Canada-Russia Series. Two players of the Val-d'Or Foreurs, Alexander Kojevnikov and Artem Kozytsin, and Alexei Shkotov from the Quebec Remparts will be added to the roster of Team Russia."

If you are able to get Sportsnet you will be able to see Shkotov play.There are 3 remaining games...1 against QMJHL and 2 against the the WHL....
Thanks for the update, maxwell. That's pretty cool - Barulin vs. Shkotov. Go Blues!

Old
11-23-2003, 07:13 AM
maxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Thanks for the update, maxwell. That's pretty cool - Barulin vs. Shkotov. Go Blues!
Barulin vs Shkotov?
You lost me....

Old
11-23-2003, 07:13 AM
degroat*

Quote:
I think you read that wrong... Shkotov will be playing FOR Team Russia.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:40 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
I think you read that wrong... Shkotov will be playing FOR Team Russia.
Yup - my mistake. Let's hope that Shkotov doesn't score a goal on Barulin Monday nite.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:47 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Yup - my mistake. Let's hope that Shkotov doesn't score a goal on Barulin Monday nite.
If thats a joke- I got it. If its not - I didnt.

Old
11-23-2003, 12:08 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
If thats a joke- I got it. If its not - I didnt.
Yup - it's a bad attempt at a joke. How about Barulin gets an assist on a goal by Shkotov?

Old
11-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Perhaps you might want to take this anti-Barulin pontificating elsewhere? Or perhaps you already have, since you've had nothing to say since Barulin and the Russians defeated Team QMJHL 3-2 the other day...

In the three games played, the Russian "defense" has allowed 44, 41, and 53 shots at Barulin. That's six or seven games' worth of shots against behind a team with even a mediocre defense.

This link seems to say that Barulin was the star of the game in the last outing vs. the players from the "Q." 53 shots against, 51 saves, he kept his team in the game despite facing a cascade of shots.

Maybe Barulin's not the second coming of Vladislav Tretiak, but you can't ask the guy to do more than what he's already done, considering what he's had out in front of him.

PB

Old
11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
freeze23

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Perhaps you might want to take this anti-Barulin pontificating elsewhere? Or perhaps you already have, since you've had nothing to say since Barulin and the Russians defeated Team QMJHL 3-2 the other day...

In the three games played, the Russian "defense" has allowed 44, 41, and 53 shots at Barulin. That's six or seven games' worth of shots against behind a team with even a mediocre defense.

This link seems to say that Barulin was the star of the game in the last outing vs. the players from the "Q." 53 shots against, 51 saves, he kept his team in the game despite facing a cascade of shots.

Maybe Barulin's not the second coming of Vladislav Tretiak, but you can't ask the guy to do more than what he's already done, considering what he's had out in front of him.

PB
I am interested to see if anyone saw these recent games and can tell how our boys did. SOunds like Barulin is playing better so who knows we certainly have seen goalies look really bad even in the NHL. Its hard to judge a whole career on one game. Thanks for the report though its nice to hear first hand accounts.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeze23
I am interested to see if anyone saw these recent games and can tell how our boys did. SOunds like Barulin is playing better so who knows we certainly have seen goalies look really bad even in the NHL. Its hard to judge a whole career on one game. Thanks for the report though its nice to hear first hand accounts.
Here: http://www.chl.ca/CHLRussiaChallenge/home.html

He played well 4 game out of 5 and didn't start the last game, but came in during the 3rd and made all 10 stops.

He had a very good showing.

Closed Thread