HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin named best D in a pre-season tournament

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-17-2006, 06:22 AM
  #1
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,847
vCash: 500
Emelin named best D in a pre-season tournament

Alexei Emelin was named best D in the Bashkiria President’s Cup in Ufa, Russia

the tournament was from August 1 to 6 and Lada Togliatti (Emelin's team) finished second, Emelin played all 5 games and I only recorded 1 goal and no PIM


on a side note, in another tournament, Lada Cup, from August 14 to 18, Buturlin was wearing the "C" in the 2nd game, also Emelin was wearing the "A" (they probably wear it too in the 1st game but they didn't had the roster for that one)

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:06 AM
  #2
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
good news , but i am afraid that Emelin is going to stay in Russia , as like Buturlin ; it 's just a feeling , without any solide reason

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
  #3
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
good news , but i am afraid that Emelin is going to stay in Russia , as like Buturlin ; it 's just a feeling , without any solide reason
I don't know anything about this kid's personal situation, but everything I've heard makes him sound pretty determined, like a guy who wants to meet challenges. I can see him here before long. Who knows the circumstances of guys putting pen to paper right now ?

Like you, it's just a feeling though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:47 AM
  #4
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
Next year is when we'll need to bring Emelin over to NA, with Rivet and Souray becoming UFA's... With an extra year in the RSL, I believe he will be able to make the jump directly to the NHL.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 08:20 AM
  #5
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Or he could give them his resignation NOW and earn a spot NOW.

I've got a sleeping bag ready for the smuggling operation if need be.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
  #6
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I can see him here before long. Who knows the circumstances of guys putting pen to paper right now ?
I hope it won't have to be an "escape from the Russian Mob" part II scenario though. What a ridiculous situation we sit in these days with Russian clubs.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:40 AM
  #7
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I've got a sleeping bag ready for the snuggling operation if need be.
Fixed it for you

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:07 AM
  #8
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Fixed it for you
heh.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:36 AM
  #9
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I hope it won't have to be an "escape from the Russian Mob" part II scenario though. What a ridiculous situation we sit in these days with Russian clubs.
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. When I heard that Russia didn't sign the agreement I thought it would come back to haunt them and losing Malkin is as bad as it gets. To have the best player of the league have to go through such crap (granted I don't know all the details) at least it might help fix the situation for the future, although it could make it worse too. Either way I'd be leary of drafting any Russians in the next draft unless things start to show they will be fixed.

As for Emelin, I don't want to see him defect. Leave Lada on good terms, something both sides can agree on as fair. I would expect this from Gainey, no need to burn your bridges, but Gainey is a classly guy so I don't think he would try anything funny. I hope that we can get Emelin over here at some point, even if we have to wait two years.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:52 AM
  #10
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. When I heard that Russia didn't sign the agreement I thought it would come back to haunt them and losing Malkin is as bad as it gets. To have the best player of the league have to go through such crap (granted I don't know all the details) at least it might help fix the situation for the future, although it could make it worse too. Either way I'd be leary of drafting any Russians in the next draft unless things start to show they will be fixed.

As for Emelin, I don't want to see him defect. Leave Lada on good terms, something both sides can agree on as fair. I would expect this from Gainey, no need to burn your bridges, but Gainey is a classly guy so I don't think he would try anything funny. I hope that we can get Emelin over here at some point, even if we have to wait two years.
I'm going to guess, and that's a pretty uneducated guess, that this will make it worse if anything. It only angers the Russians, I don't expect them to crawl back and accept to sign as a result. If this agreement is not settled in the upcoming year, I get the feeling things will get really nasty from then on.

And I agree, Gainey will not be trying to pry Emelin illegally out of Russia, just like he won't give any offer sheet to any RFA out there. It's not his style, he's an honest and moral guy. Some might see this as a disadvantage in this shark business, but I think it'll be to his advantage in the long run.

I just don't understand why Emelin had to go sign for 2 more years when it was so clear there was an opening in North America for him.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM
  #11
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I'm going to guess, and that's a pretty uneducated guess, that this will make it worse if anything. It only angers the Russians, I don't expect them to crawl back and accept to sign as a result. If this agreement is not settled in the upcoming year, I get the feeling things will get really nasty from then on.

And I agree, Gainey will not be trying to pry Emelin illegally out of Russia, just like he won't give any offer sheet to any RFA out there. It's not his style, he's an honest and moral guy. Some might see this as a disadvantage in this shark business, but I think it'll be to his advantage in the long run.

I just don't understand why Emelin had to go sign for 2 more years when it was so clear there was an opening in North America for him.
I could see it getting ugly as well. Personally I don't blame them since I would be pissed if I was in Russia and the top player reworks his contract then bolts. Imo he should have stayed but of course my opinion doesn't matter and I don't know all the facts.

The good news for us is that aside from Emelin we only have 1 other prospect in Valentenko. But I agree with Gainey being an honest and moral guy. I'm proud of that though, I'd hate for it to be any other way.

I don't know why Emelin signed for 2 years, perhaps his dad being the coach and the fact that Lada has had major financial problems, so they lost many of their top players, thus having to rely on guys like Emelin and the leafs Vorobiev to anchor the defense. Who's to say what kind of pressure was put on him to sign for 2 years. I know he was quoted as saying he wanted to sign with the Habs as soon as possible after the wjc's but you can't always beleive what you read/hear.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
  #12
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
good news , but i am afraid that Emelin is going to stay in Russia , as like Buturlin ; it 's just a feeling , without any solide reason
Me too ..it made me scary ... I want Emelin to NA this year .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
  #13
katodelder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
how long do the habs hold emelin's rights?

on that note, if anyone has compiled a list of euro prospects and how long the habs (or all nhl teams) hold the rights to them, or a formula on how to calculate it for ouselves, that would be much appreciated.

katodelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
  #14
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,709
vCash: 500
Why is it that the Habs had little trouble getting Perez and Kosty over here, but are having trouble with getting Emelin over...and then of course there's the Pens and Malkin...what has changed guys...?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:11 PM
  #15
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,891
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Why is it that the Habs had little trouble getting Perez and Kosty over here, but are having trouble with getting Emelin over...and then of course there's the Pens and Malkin...what has changed guys...?
There was a transfer agreement when P and K were brought over here before the lockout. The Habs paid an amount to their Russian clubs to get them over here. That TA expired during the lockout, and still hasn't been signed, which has created a complete mess for player transfers, hence the problems with Malkin and Emelin...

I am pretty sure we have Emelin's rights until June 2008. That's what the Pens fans were saying about Malkin's rights and both were drafted the same year.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
  #16
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,847
vCash: 500

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
  #17
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder View Post
how long do the habs hold emelin's rights?

on that note, if anyone has compiled a list of euro prospects and how long the habs (or all nhl teams) hold the rights to them, or a formula on how to calculate it for ouselves, that would be much appreciated.
2005, 2006 draft : 2 years
2002, 2003, 2004 draft : 4 years (+1 for Russian drafted in 2002)

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:08 PM
  #18
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder View Post
how long do the habs hold emelin's rights?

on that note, if anyone has compiled a list of euro prospects and how long the habs (or all nhl teams) hold the rights to them, or a formula on how to calculate it for ouselves, that would be much appreciated.
We hold Emelin's rights till june of '08.

June '07- Korpikari, Heino, Sairhei Kostitsyn, Juraj Mikus (maybe Korneev, Kruchinin, Sidyakin depending on the PTA and what the NHL does if it's not signed, if signed then their rights will be up in June '07)

June '08- Emelin, Valentenko.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:44 PM
  #19
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,476
vCash: 500
He looks like one mean *******.

I want him in NA

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.