HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pisani

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Oilersyul89

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Pisani

I was watching the Wild/Oilers game on Fox Sports Net from Minnesota.

The color comentator was so impressed with pisani, suggested he should be an early candidate for the Selke!

Strong words.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Master Lok

Yup, and I remember a lot of posters on here were all calling for Pisani to sit so that a prospect could play instead. Looks like MacT knew what he was doing for once...

Old
11-14-2003, 11:49 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
I was watching the Wild/Oilers game on Fox Sports Net from Minnesota.

The color comentator was so impressed with pisani, suggested he should be an early candidate for the Selke!

Strong words.
who was the color man? jesse ventura?

you don't win the selke playing for the team that allows the most goals in the NHL. that's just silly.

however, credit where it is due - i was one of the people calling for pisani to take a seat. he has since made me eat my words by ramping his play up dramatically. good for him - i hope he can keep it up.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Slats432

Yep,

Count me in as wrong on Fernando. He would have fit in a lot of my trade proposals as the throw in....

Maybe he is just one of those guys that gets up for games.(At camp he was fair/mediocre at best).

Go Fernando.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:40 PM
barto

I was another who was unimpressed by his play in the first 6-8 games - nowhere near what he had been doing last season, but he's definitely turned it up and gotten back to that kind of play.

And it's this kind of patience shown by MacT (and Lowe) that drives us fans crazy, but is probably a good thing!!

Bart

Old
11-14-2003, 01:00 PM
The Rage

exactly

Patience with guys like pisani is a good thing. If we traded him, we'd have gotten nothing. Now we have an extremely good third liner. To all those calling for a pisani trade (or saying that he belonged in the ahl), I hope that this was an enlightening experience.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Walsher

+10 with good offensive staistics and smothering defensive play not bad for a guy that seemed relatively silent through camp and early in the year. Diamond in the rough given his skill level and notoriety.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
Patience with guys like pisani is a good thing. If we traded him, we'd have gotten nothing. Now we have an extremely good third liner. To all those calling for a pisani trade (or saying that he belonged in the ahl), I hope that this was an enlightening experience.
Ya, now lets pick on Horcoff instead.

Old
11-14-2003, 04:26 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz
Ya, now lets pick on Horcoff instead.
good idea.

Old
11-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Who penned Clearcoff?

I find that name hilarious.

Old
11-14-2003, 04:32 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
Who penned Clearcoff?

I find that name hilarious.
i'm not sure who coined that one but i too find it to be very astute... and more pleasant sounding than "Horry".

Old
11-14-2003, 04:35 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i'm not sure who coined that one but i too find it to be very astute... and more pleasant sounding than "Horry".
One thing about that guy wearin #10 for us, he sure is acquiring a fairly large set of nicks. And not many positive ones. I myself take credit for 2

Old
11-14-2003, 07:56 PM
AVE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
who was the color man? jesse ventura?

you don't win the selke playing for the team that allows the most goals in the NHL. that's just silly.

however, credit where it is due - i was one of the people calling for pisani to take a seat. he has since made me eat my words by ramping his play up dramatically. good for him - i hope he can keep it up.

Maybe the reason this guy thinks Pisani is candidate for the selke is bacuse he's a + 10, on team that has allowed the most goals in the NHL.

Basically when Pisani is not on the ice, there's a good chance the other teams going to score. - Thats speaks pretty high on his defensive skills. Very smart with and without the puck.

Truthfully there is one real reason the oilers have allowed as many goals as they have. His first name is Tommy his last name is Salo.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:03 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
ur wrong the BIGGEST difference between why we were 2nd best in GA and now 2nd worst in GA (thats a 28 place switch in 2 years!!) is DEFENSIVE BREAKDOWNS. yup thats two long words not Tommy Salo, granted he's played worse I'd be lying if I said he didn't but he's been left out to dry as has Conklin by the Oilers team seems like the defencemen think they are forwards so in fact we have 5 men charging the other goal with 1 goalie covering ours...that should be enough...

Closed Thread