HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs @ Sens Nov. 15/03 - NEW LINES

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
After 40 minutes.

Theodore has been weak on the second goal, but without him it would be about 6-2 Sens.

Horrible 2nd period, led by the horrible play of two players: Zednik and Rivet. Zednik has been seen picking up red roses by his bench for his GF while his teammates where backchecking. He was just tying up a nice bouquet when he saw the same exhausted teammates fly by him to try and create something offensively.

Meanwhile, Rivet has been heard saying he'll try to play with Theodore's stick to stop missing the puck every time he tries to get it out of the zone.

Rivet: a question of confidence.

Zednik: a question of attitude. He floats around and couldn't care less what happens on the ice. Was this guy only playing for his 30 goal bonus last year? Jesus Christ he's not even trying to try. I say sit him for a game and replace him with Ryder. A clear message should be sent to him at this point.

On a positive note, the Kilger - Ribeiro - Audette line has looked good surprisingly.

Markov is lost. Please have someone talk to him and get him back on track for crying out loud. I almost feel like crying when I see this great talent struggling like this on the ice.

edit - typo

Old
11-15-2003, 03:56 PM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
euh its Kilger-ribeiro-audette by the way
Ooops...you're right. I must have been distracted while typing...maybe it was one of Mtl's shots on goal. Oh well...I was 1/3.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Woah! Thank you Jose Theodore!

Old
11-15-2003, 04:31 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Very entertaining game to watch. Great game by Theodore!

Old
Breenger

Habs Win!!! 3-2
Bulis 2 goals

Old
Habs

Outshot 40-13, and we scrounge a win.

CJ really does have a new system.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Outshot 40-13, and we scrounge a win.

CJ really does have a new system.
Kind of reminds me of MT's system

Old
11-15-2003, 04:37 PM
jcpenny

I think in Quintal's absence we noticed that we missed him and that Rivet Sucks!!! Bring on Komisarek and trade that bum. Yeah thank you José but we dont need goals like the scond one...We need Ryder, Where is Koivu and Zednik, Juneau cant play as a left wing anymore,Ribeiro-audette great game,Go bulis,Perrault useless, Bouillon what a force and finally thank u oh lord they didnt play that stupid system in the 3rd until that goal.

That was my summary of the game...

Old
11-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
We really didn't play as bad as the shot total indicates, but because he cycle so much we hardly shoot, and when we do shoot, it's mostly a cause of scoring chances, not peritimeter shots like Ottawa.
Yeah, we played that bad. We were beat in every aspect of the game, except the score. We capitalized when we had to.

Take the win, and run away.. because.. Theo saved the CH tonight.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:41 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Take the win, and run away.. because.. Theo saved the CH tonight.
Hard for one to disagree with this statement.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:42 PM
goalchenyuk

what a team have ottawa ....wow ! when i see all the skill on this team , i could just think that finishing at the deep of the league a couple of time pay after a while .

Old
11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
goalchenyuk

komisarek don't play his better by now , in the ahl

let him there foe a while ...

Old
11-15-2003, 04:49 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
komisarek don't play his better by now , in the ahl

let him there foe a while ...
From what i saw Yesterday, he is wasting his time in the AHL and hes already better than Rivet.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:54 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
i want to go back to the old system where there was no system and we get outshot like this and thwo wins us the game and we score 3 goals on 10 shots! :p

one thing i noticed to day is that rivet doesnt know how to pass he whips it at the player and how the hell is the player supposed to stop that rivet is brilliant fuk!!

Old
11-15-2003, 05:08 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Whoa, Montreal actually pulled away with a win tonight.
I guess it was just myself and a few other posters who predicted correctly (nobody got the right score, but a few of us predicted wins).
Theo absolutely stole that game for us. Glad to see him back in form.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Kirk Muller

A win is a win, but don't take anything away from this game aside from goaltending.

The lines were all manhandled. Juneau on the top line was a complete disaster. The Ribeiro line got a goal on an Ottawa breakdown, but were easily contained and hemmed in their zone all night. The Perreault line was okay, soley do to Dackell and Bulis. And fourth wasn't on much, when they were, Ottawa killed them as well.

The lineup was a complete failure.

The defense was poor. People want to say how terrible Rivet was, but frankly Souray looked terrible as he was beaten out wide countless times. Bouillon was coughing up the puck all night, Brisebois was the same. I thought Markov played better than of recently, and Quintal was solid in his return.

The penalty kill was atrocious again. You can blame Rivet if you want, but I would also question communication. Rivet was already turned to play the puck before it was shot in, his teammates should be yelling. The second goal you can call weak because it went through Theodore, but the fact remains, you can't allow the defenseman to step up to the faceoff circle and wire a slapshot.

If there aren't some more major lineup changes again next game, I would be surprised, and truly question Julien. The lack of size and phyical play of Hossa and Ryder was evident along the boards and winning individual battles.

And Bulis is finally rewarded for his hard work, truly nice to see.

Last note, oh the refs were horrible.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:14 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
on RDS apparently Julien would have told Brisebois before the game that they woul play on the same line because Markov needs help. Tell you what Julien will kill this team
Why do I get the feeling you're about 12?

Old
11-15-2003, 05:31 PM
PrairieHabber

When Theodore was interviewed after the game he said that it was good to have "Q" back on defence as he helped clear a lot of pucks in front of him. That's an interesting comment considering how a lot of us are more than happy to see Quintal replaced by a young blueliner asap. As often as I cringe when I see opposing forwards skate around Quintal, it says a lot when the goalie points to one defenceman as making a difference. Then again, Theodore a hundred shots tonight...hmmm.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I agree with most of your analysis. I hope people don't get tricked into thinking this was a great game for us, as it was not. It was for Theodore though. He allowed one fluke, but even there, stole the game all by himself. It could easily have been 6-2 final.

The Juneau experiment was (oh what a surprise) a complete failure. Absolutely no chemistry with Koivu (although it's understandable when the lines change all the time) and Koivu and Zednik had rather poor games. Zednik especially. Not trying hard at all. He should be benched for Ryder next game who at least tries hard and goes to the net. Zednik was slowly gliding by all night long.

But although the Ribeiro line was handled physically due to the big and talented Dmen they have in Ottawa (mainly Chara, Phillips and Redden), they were by far the best line IMO. Perreault's line looked good also, but only because of Bulis who was flying and working his butt off all night long. the other two were slowing him down. Bulis truly deserves top-2 line ice time right now, and I'd figure after this performance, he should likely get it.

I also thought that about all our Dmen struggled at some point during that game, the worst being Rivet and the best Quintal. Souray looked overconfident with the puck (or tired due to abusive use) which resulted in a couple of poor decisions and turnovers due to slow execution. Markov was hesitating all night long. He's so talented that it still doesn't look atrocious but compared to last year, it is nonetheless, according to his previous standards. Brisebois had a couple of bonehead passes when pressured, while Bouillon was the second best Dman after Q.

No need to be too harsh either here because obviously Ottawa is head and shoulders above Montreal even if everybody were working to the fullest of their capacities. But we should not be blinded by the win either. We collpased in the last 2 periods and played weakly from there on. This lineup didn't work in my mind. Hope CJ saw the same game as I did.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:44 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
Why do I get the feeling you're about 12?
because you are 11 or maybe the brain of a 11 years child

Old
11-15-2003, 05:50 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
I came to this board tonight ecpecting to see all the ranting whiners to change their tune, which I would have accordingly shoved it in there face. But what do I see, something even worse (which I wouldn't think it was possible) everyone still giving the Habs Sh** even though they won the game?

What does this teams have to do?

IMO, this game was shades of two years ago, where we got outplayed for the most part and took advantage of the few chances we got.

40 shots sounds like alot, but for the most part, they weren't bonafide scoring chances.

This exactly the game I was expecting out of the Senators tonight, and we handled them the best we could, and it worked.

The Franchises Notes:

Joe Juneau--did the job he was supposed to do out there, nothing flashy.

Saku Koivu--Excellent defensively, still showing some rust in the offensive zone, that should change soon

Richard Zednik--Trying hard to break the slump, starting to get predictable breaking into the offensive zone. He always cuts to the outside and drives to the net. Do you think he doesn't cut to the middle anymore because he's still gunshy from the McLaren Hit?

Chad Kilger--Some scoring chances, always seemed to happen when he was at the end of his shift, played the body which was nice. Easily knocked off his feet so far this season, has he lost weight or something?

Mike Ribeiro--Good game from Ribeiro, You could tell Ottawa was checking him hard.

Donald Audette--It took him over a year, but I think he finally gets it, if you don't play well, you will get benched, so earn your spot! He did tonight.

Jan Bulis--scoreboard shows how well he played tonight.

Yanic Perreault--Good game, typical Perreault game IMO, good on faceoffs, some offensive chances.

Andreas Dackell--A few flares, but pretty invisible out there, did his job defensively though.

Niklas Sundstrom--Invisible at even strength, but did a good job enforcing the trap and on the penalty kill

Steve Begin--Still haven't been disappointed by this guy. excellent checking and shot blocking tonight

Darren Langdon--Sorta wished he could of shaked things up with a fight in the second, other than that did well in limited action.

Sheldon Souray--Have seen him play better, but I wasn't disappointed, he has got to watch the giveaways though.

Patrice Brisebois--Nothing flashy, no big mistakes.

Andrei Markov--Not a bad game, but I think I am beginning to see his confidence slip away, he needs to break this slump.

Craig Rivet--Better than he has been, but still not back to his "A" game.

Stephane Quintal--Good job in his return, cleared traffic as much as he could, good on the penalty kill.

Francis Bouillon--might've played his best game of the year tonight, physical, good outlet passes, no big mistakes.

Jose Theodore--Hart/Vezina Trophy winner form.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
I came to this board tonight ecpecting to see all the ranting whiners to change their tune, which I would have accordingly shoved it in there face. But what do I see, something even worse (which I wouldn't think it was possible) everyone still giving the Habs Sh** even though they won the game?

What does this teams have to do?

IMO, this game was shades of two years ago, where we got outplayed for the most part and took advantage of the few chances we got.

40 shots sounds like alot, but for the most part, they weren't bonafide scoring chances.

This exactly the game I was expecting out of the Senators tonight, and we handled them the best we could, and it worked.

I would like to ask you a question. Is the win the only important thing for you? Personally, I couldn't care less, as long as we played well. Did you see a game played well tonight by the Habs? If so, I don't know what to say. They were outmatched and outplayed almost all night long. The team did not steal the game, Theodore did. Do you really think we will win most of our games if we play like this the rest of the season? Are you under the impression that Theodore will be able to repeat this performance every night? And yes, a lot of those 40 shots were quality shots. And no, Zednik was not trying hard, he was floating by all night long.

Of course you seem very focused on the final result rather than the performance. But I watch hockey not to know the ultimate outcome (which I can easily do in 15 seconds by looking it up in the papers) but to be entertained and see a good performance. The last 40 minutes were downright horrible.

Of course, with all that being said, like I mentioned in my previous post, no need to start pointing everybody with the finger for lack of effort because obviously Ottawa has the power to make any team look rather foolish like they did tonight. Nonetheless, I'm sure CJ, even if pleased with the outcome, didn't think this was a stellar showing on our part, far from that point.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Richard Zednik--Trying hard to break the slump, starting to get predictable breaking into the offensive zone. He always cuts to the outside and drives to the net. Do you think he doesn't cut to the middle anymore because he's still gunshy from the McLaren Hit?
I don't think he's trying hard at all IMO... that's the problem. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with playing such a lazy game. This has nothing to do with the McLaren hit... obviously it didn't bother him last year.

Quote:
Darren Langdon--Sorta wished he could of shaked things up with a fight in the second, other than that did well in limited action.
I don't think he had much choice in the matter. It didn't seem like like Martin was willing to put Neil (who is the only Sens fighter) on the ice with him. A good move by Martin, as Ottawa had momentum.

Other than that... not a bad analysis IMO.

Edit: I hardly ever whine about officiating, but this game was poorly called IMO. Ottawa had alot of breaks.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Usually my predictions are wrong, but my prediction of a 3-2 Habs win was right on

Great game from Theodore

Old
11-15-2003, 06:30 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Playing against a powerful team like the Senators, yes, the outcome is the only thing that is important to me.

I am a Canadiens purist, and I am excited by the line changes, let alone there performance on the ice.

I don't know what to say, I am happy that they won, and they won't face another team this year (except the Sens, again) with that much firepower, IMO...

Closed Thread