HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Skille or Toews?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2006, 06:30 PM
  #1
blackhawksmaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Bend, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to blackhawksmaniac
Skille or Toews?

I was comparing Skille and Toews Stats, who do you think is better?

I think i'll give it to Toews here, but there good soild players

blackhawksmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 08:03 PM
  #2
Pavel Bure
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Toews

Pavel Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 08:33 PM
  #3
dieseleric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
I think Toews will end up being better, he has the potential to be an Yzerman type player, although possibly not as good...but Skille has the potential to develop into a very solid player, possibly similar to Bill Guerin

dieseleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 12:23 AM
  #4
Havlat24
Registered User
 
Havlat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Toews. I hope he becomes Chicago's Sakic.

Havlat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 09:06 AM
  #5
Johnny Danger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Suisse
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
toews

Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 02:18 PM
  #6
Rattray
Registered User
 
Rattray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Toews by a country mile..

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:17 PM
  #7
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
A little off topic, but I believe Chicago will really regret passing on Phil Kessel in favor of Toews.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 06:35 PM
  #8
dieseleric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Chicago may end up regretting it, but I believe Toews will end up being a great player for Chicago for many years. Kessel has the potential to be better, but I also see him as more likely to bust.

dieseleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 06:56 PM
  #9
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,407
vCash: 500
As underrated as Skille is, I'm still banking on Toews to be our future savior

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 12:19 AM
  #10
Hawkhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
No way, would I pass up on Toews to take Kessel.


Toews is as skilled as Kessel, with grit, defense, leadership, consistency due to work ethic, no attitude and no crazy parents. And im sure Toews has a fraction of the ego Kessel has

Hawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 02:14 AM
  #11
Ezflow
Registered User
 
Ezflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Toews is the man because if you were a GM and if both guys were in the same draft year and you were on the Clock You'd take Toews everytime. Skille is a great player as well, disruptive on the forecheck and seems to have a top shelf wristshot and hopefully he can fully harness it with another year in Wisconsin. As for the Kessel thing, weren't there rumours that Kessel and Skille couldn't stand each other?

Ezflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 09:10 AM
  #12
Gardebut30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,980
vCash: 500
I like both these guys.

I'll throw in a vote for Jack since this seems to be an all Toews thread, which is probably rightfully so.

I love the way Skille drives to the net forcing himself in from around the defender. I hope he develops his strength and translates this aspect of his game to the pro game seamlessly. Too much Blackhawk hockey is played from the perimiter nowadays.

Given another year of college, with a bigger leadership and offensive role, this guy could hit the pros running.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
  #13
dieseleric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezflow View Post
Toews is the man because if you were a GM and if both guys were in the same draft year and you were on the Clock You'd take Toews everytime. Skille is a great player as well, disruptive on the forecheck and seems to have a top shelf wristshot and hopefully he can fully harness it with another year in Wisconsin. As for the Kessel thing, weren't there rumours that Kessel and Skille couldn't stand each other?
Yes, they are both from Madison, Wisconsin, and apparently their parents have big problems with each other....it apparently is one of the reasons why Kessel went to Minnesota instead of playing for the hometown Badgers.

dieseleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 12:02 PM
  #14
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,907
vCash: 500
No need to choose...2 HUGE building blocks. They, along with Barker, Bolland, Blunden and anyone else who's last name starts with 'B' (& others) will make for a bright future.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 02:55 PM
  #15
Russian_fanatic
Registered User
 
Russian_fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
A little off topic, but I believe Chicago will really regret passing on Phil Kessel in favor of Toews.
Uhhhh... No...

Kessell is fashier, but Toews is a guy you build a team around. His potential gets underrated because he is a safe prospect, but so what. Just because he's a safe thing to make the NHL doesn't mean he doesn't have 100 point+ potential.

Toews reminds me of a young Trevor Linden(Linden was not a bad player, 800+ career points, and was a yearly all star) except more offensive output. He is a heart and soul type player, and a future captain. Brilliant pick by Chicago.

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 05:08 PM
  #16
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhead View Post
Toews is as skilled as Kessel, with grit, defense, leadership, consistency due to work ethic, no attitude and no crazy parents. And im sure Toews has a fraction of the ego Kessel has
Ego can be a good thing, as long as they care to back it up. Both players are top end prospects and I would have been happy with either.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
  #17
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Ego can be a good thing, as long as they care to back it up. Both players are top end prospects and I would have been happy with either.
QFT

Kessel is pure offense, whereas Toews is more well-rounded. Would you rather 30G 70pts and an all around solid game with leadership from Toews, or a 40G, 95pt season from a one-way Kessel?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 07:13 PM
  #18
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
^^^^Don't underestimate Toews offence. It's very underrated.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 11:36 PM
  #19
Russian_fanatic
Registered User
 
Russian_fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
QFT

Kessel is pure offense, whereas Toews is more well-rounded. Would you rather 30G 70pts and an all around solid game with leadership from Toews, or a 40G, 95pt season from a one-way Kessel?
Wow what is this? Toews has all the skills, and potential to be a 90+ point scorer.

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 11:42 PM
  #20
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic View Post
Wow what is this? Toews has all the skills, and potential to be a 90+ point scorer.
I wasn't projecting dead on statistics, I was making a ratio reference.

Kessel will outscore Toews, IMO, but Jon will be the better all around player.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 05:05 AM
  #21
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic View Post
Uhhhh... No...

Kessell is fashier, but Toews is a guy you build a team around. His potential gets underrated because he is a safe prospect, but so what. Just because he's a safe thing to make the NHL doesn't mean he doesn't have 100 point+ potential.

Toews reminds me of a young Trevor Linden(Linden was not a bad player, 800+ career points, and was a yearly all star) except more offensive output. He is a heart and soul type player, and a future captain. Brilliant pick by Chicago.
I couldn't agree more. Toews hand skills and offensive sense really are very under-rated.

I used to go with a Linden comparison too but the more that I've watched him the more I think he'll be like Eric Staal.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 05:43 AM
  #22
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
A little off topic, but I believe Chicago will really regret passing on Phil Kessel in favor of Toews.
Based on what I saw from both of them in a full WCHA season last year. Toews is already better.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 03:09 PM
  #23
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray View Post
Toews by a country mile..

It's hard to say that when Toews and Skille play very differant games. IMO, Skille's game is very pro "friendly." That's not to say Toews' game isn't, but I wouldn't be so sold on Toews being a better pro player that Skille.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
  #24
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Good question.

I don't know who to pick so i'll just say Toelle.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 08:46 PM
  #25
Gardebut30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
Good question.

I don't know who to pick so i'll just say Toelle.
Is that Jonathack Toelle?

That's a good choice.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.