HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Did we have one of the 5 most tough D in the whole league ?

Old
08-19-2006, 12:07 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
Did we have one of the 5 most tough D in the whole league ?

Ok. We're soft at forwards position, we all know that. But, I think we may have one of the 5 most tough defence in the NHL right now.

Let start with our little spitfire : Francis Bouillon, before his injury that make him miss 12 games, he was in top 5 for the hits (not only in defensmans, but all the players include) and even if he only play 67 games he is 9th in hits in the defensmans, pretty impressive.

Mike Komsiarek is special. More the game is tough, better Komisarek is. He played is best game in playoff in 04, everyone remember is big hit against Thornton. He is a hard-hitter defensman and stats prove that : he is 13rd in defensmans, with only 71 games played ! That ahead of guy like Vandermeer, Commodore or Hatcher.

Finally, in fact, we have 4 defensmans in top 40 of defensmans with Bouillon, Komisarek, Rivet and Souray.

Plus, those four defensmans are not only « hit & run » type of defensmans, they have all go in big fights during their careers and they are not scared to fight for their teammates... Who dont remember Marchmant & Rivet fight, or McCarthy & Souray ? Souray & Sarich ?

Future is bright too with hard-hitter defensman in the making like O'Byrne, Coté and Emelin who are likely to join the Habs in two years.

So... do we have one of the 5 most tough defence in the league ?

* I except a LOT of troll from Boston & Toronto, so mods be prepared

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Next Best Thing*

Yes, I agree. There's not much I wish to add to your post right now but I did notice it. Our softest guy is Dandenault and he was a monster in the playoffs, Gainey saw right with him. I wouldnt say Markov is soft because he doesn't hit, he just strips the puck like whoa; and takes a lot of punishment. I just wish he would be a bit more durable but even then missing an avg of 10 games in the last 3 seasons is nothing to complain about.

Bouillon is so deceptive, forwards think they will steamroll him but then see stars the next moment. He his HARD. Same for Komo.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 12:21 PM
znk

Indeed we have a pretty tough D. And they arent affraid of fighting. We've always got on the ice a guy that is willing to drop the gloves to protect a team mate. Mainly Souray,Rivet and Komo and Bouillon can do it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Whats with this sudden love for the Cube and his pugilistic talents ?
I've seen him fight twice and once he got pummeled.
For the rest i agree they are tough boys.

GRABOVSKY THE HABS NEXT SUPERSTAR ?

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 02:57 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Grabovsky View Post
Whats with this sudden love for the Cube and his pugilistic talents ?
I've seen him fight twice and once he got pummeled.
For the rest i agree they are tough boys.

GRABOVSKY THE HABS NEXT SUPERSTAR ?
I saw Bouillon win a few. But it's not about winning a fight. It's about being willing to drop the gloves when the time comes.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
calebj3000

bouillon is a bad fighter because hes too short and is at a disadvantage.

calebj3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebj3000 View Post
Bouillon would kick your butt off

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebj3000 View Post
Mike Tyson was short for his division and still kicked some butts, not that I want to compare Bouillon to Tyson.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:41 PM
GSK*

Fight on skate = Other thing...

Stupids comparaison.

Yeah habs got a great rough defence. Dandenault isnt soft, he can be an hard-hitter when he want. VS Carolina he was a freaking machine.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I saw Bouillon win a few. But it's not about winning a fight. It's about being willing to drop the gloves when the time comes.
also its about being physical during the hockey game. Sure Bouillon is like 5-8 or something(top of head) , it makes it a little harder to win the fights after the whistle....

edit:

i wanted to add that when fighting on ice(for those of you who never fought on ice) you grab hold of your fighting partner and pummel him with the other hand. Height and reach are huge in a fight on ice

Last edited by Toro: 08-19-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
also its about being physical during the hockey game. Sure Bouillon is like 5-8 or something(top of head) , it makes it a little harder to win the fights after the whistle....
And i doesnt care when he get beat up by a 6&4 goon players. But try to come on th edge of is side lol... Remember Chara get knocked out by Bouillon...

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Toro

exactly, Bouillion is a great physical player during the game, just that he might not be the toughest fighter. they are 2 very different things.

Physical player does not = great fighter

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Ok. We're soft at forwards position, we all know that. But, I think we may have one of the 5 most tough defence in the NHL right now.

Let start with our little spitfire : Francis Bouillon, before his injury that make him miss 12 games, he was in top 5 for the hits (not only in defensmans, but all the players include) and even if he only play 67 games he is 9th in hits in the defensmans, pretty impressive.

Mike Komsiarek is special. More the game is tough, better Komisarek is. He played is best game in playoff in 04, everyone remember is big hit against Thornton. He is a hard-hitter defensman and stats prove that : he is 13rd in defensmans, with only 71 games played ! That ahead of guy like Vandermeer, Commodore or Hatcher.

Finally, in fact, we have 4 defensmans in top 40 of defensmans with Bouillon, Komisarek, Rivet and Souray.

Plus, those four defensmans are not only « hit & run » type of defensmans, they have all go in big fights during their careers and they are not scared to fight for their teammates... Who dont remember Marchmant & Rivet fight, or McCarthy & Souray ? Souray & Sarich ?

Future is bright too with hard-hitter defensman in the making like O'Byrne, Coté and Emelin who are likely to join the Habs in two years.

So... do we have one of the 5 most tough defence in the league ?

* I except a LOT of troll from Boston & Toronto, so mods be prepared
Damn... What about the Dandenault & Allison fight!?!!??!

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 04:19 PM
CrazyBob

Francis Bouillon vs Tom Poti

CrazyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Most of the people here have no idea why people fight in hockey. Cube fighting ANYONE makes them pumped, the guy is small with the heart of a tiger man, not afraid of anything. When I see that I get pumped, even if he doesn't win, as long as the other guy doesnt concuss him. If cube stays or wins the fight, I am sure on the next faceoff we are playing really hard since everyone is pumped

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
Damn... What about the Dandenault & Allison fight!?!!??!
Yeah forgot this one.. true, Dandenault not soft at all.. just not a big hitter but he seems to play hard every night

Markov is not the biggest hitter, but he dont need to to be a great defensman

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote