HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yahoo Fantasy League

Old
08-21-2006, 07:52 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
speaking of pools here is a link to the best 1 imo: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com.../research.html

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Joey13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
speaking of pools here is a link to the best 1 imo: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com.../research.html
The problem with the Sporting News league is that teams can have duplicate players. Not so with Yahoo.

I would love to return to the league. I would vote for head-to-head and as great as a live draft sounds, I think it would be tough, so I'd vote auto-draft with our own pre-rankings.

Anyway, my two cents.

Joey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Kaizer

So what about date of live-draft it it happens At least we can start discuss it. If we can't reach agreement then we will play with autodraft. I'm ok for every weekend.

Last edited by Kaizer: 08-21-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
bleedgreen

id like to play again if there is room.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
I've already cleared my entire schedule for the next two months in preparation for the live draft.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Kaizer

Also we can take offline draft. We will draft our players in separate thread here (we have 1.5 months for it) and then just fill rosters with selected players.
Pluses are:
- it's live;
- it doesn't take too much time per day;
- posters from different timezones can participate.

Minuses are:
- It will take more than a week overall;

I don't remember about order of draft but AFAIK when you select "offline draft" Yahoo will randomize order. Probably, it's the best solution for us.

Last edited by Kaizer: 08-22-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old
08-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
So what about date of live-draft it it happens At least we can start discuss it. If we can't reach agreement then we will play with autodraft. I'm ok for every weekend.
It would probably be hard to know people's schedules at this point, since the draft would probably be held close to the start of the season.

Again I'd like to throw out the suggestion of having two leagues if the majority of the people can make a certain time for the live draft. I like to be in more than one league anyway, as I'm sure other people do. Doing the draft in an ongoing thread on HF sounds like it might be a good alternative though.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
It would probably be hard to know people's schedules at this point, since the draft would probably be held close to the start of the season.

Again I'd like to throw out the suggestion of having two leagues if the majority of the people can make a certain time for the live draft. I like to be in more than one league anyway, as I'm sure other people do. Doing the draft in an ongoing thread on HF sounds like it might be a good alternative though.
I agree with this...

Melrose'sMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 06:07 PM
NewBlood

Quote:
Also we can take offline draft. We will draft our players in separate thread here (we have 1.5 months for it) and then just fill rosters with selected players.
Pluses are:
- it's live;

Minuses are:

I don't remember about order of draft but AFAIK when you select "offline draft" Yahoo will randomize order. Probably, it's the best solution for us.

That sounds like a pretty good solution...

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 07:08 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I'd like to get involved but man, I have no idea what is involved. I've never been in a Fantasy League before so you probably outta count me out...and count this as a non-post.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 07:14 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I'd like to get involved but man, I have no idea what is involved. I've never been in a Fantasy League before so you probably outta count me out...and count this as a non-post.
It is fairly simple Ex-Tex, I am sure you will have no problem joining in. Yahoo does most of the work for you. You just have to pay attention to your team lineups and watch for and respond to trade offers. Really it is not hard.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I was in one. It was rotisserie, and we didn't have a live draft. (I did win, though.)

I really don't know how to do a live draft, nor do I know how to play head-to-head.

So, I guess I'd be game for the style I know -- not live draft, not head-to-head. If you all decide that you want head-to-head with a live draft, though, I won't be devastated to be excluded. Ain't no big thang to me.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Pluses are:
- it's live;

Minuses are:

I like this idea. We can start a thread soon for drafting and even if it takes us a month we will be in time for the season. We just need to randomize the order in which we are picking and then start up a thread and whenever someone has time they can post who they want to pick and the next guy goes and so on....

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Roman Tanner

I'll join if you need numbers.

But I must warn you, I'm a ringer.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Kaizer

It seems that drafting at HF is good idea. Problem is to determine an order of draft. Yahoo doesn't randomize order for offline drafts. It does it for auto pick and live drafts only.
So far I see only one solution - I (or whoever) will create fake league with nicks of posters and set draft as auto pick. In 72 hours we will have random order in fake league and will use that random order here. If there is no other person and peoples don't see any problems I'll do it in 24 hours.

Old
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
It seems that drafting at HF is good idea. Problem is to determine an order of draft. Yahoo doesn't randomize order for offline drafts. It does it for auto pick and live drafts only.
So far I see only one solution - I (or whoever) will create fake league with nicks of posters and set draft as auto pick. In 72 hours we will have random order in fake league and will use that random order here. If there is no other person and peoples don't see any problems I'll do it in 24 hours.
*in weird Rob Schneider voice*

You can do it!

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I was in one. It was rotisserie, and we didn't have a live draft. (I did win, though.)

I really don't know how to do a live draft, nor do I know how to play head-to-head.

So, I guess I'd be game for the style I know -- not live draft, not head-to-head. If you all decide that you want head-to-head with a live draft, though, I won't be devastated to be excluded. Ain't no big thang to me.
It's quite simple. The only thing different about the live draft and the auto draft, is in the live version you click select player, instead of the computer doing it for you. You just sit there and watch as the java aplet shows you who is picking who, and when it is your turn.

I like the Rotisserie version better but the head to head isn't much different. Just instead of recording your stats against all the teams in the league, you go up against a certain team every week, and at the end of the week for each stat categorie that you do better in than your opponent, you get a win. Two points for a win, one for a tie, and whoever has the most points at the end of the season wins. The reason I don't like it so much is that it seems like theres more luck involved. You could have a great team but a worse one could have an incredibly great week, and you could end up with no points for that week. The more fluke things that happen like that throw off the real value of the teams. I think it's more accurate to compare a teams stats over the whole season, to the other teams, but that's just me. I'll still play, no matter which style is chosen.

Old
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I don't have a problem with you being comish, but why so early? The season doesn't start for a month in a half. A lot of things can change by then, most importantly players holding out signing their contracts.

Old
08-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I don't have a problem with you being comish, but why so early? The season doesn't start for a month in a half. A lot of things can change by then, most importantly players holding out signing their contracts.
Early ? No. At first we will decide who participates and draft order (it's random so it doesn't matter when to start). Thrn we will start separate thread for our draft. I very very doubt that we will draft 320 players in 2 weeks It's better to start earlier than miss start of the season. Imo

Last edited by Kaizer: 08-23-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old
08-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Kaizer

Just checked the thread one more time and we already have 20 players - they were a bit faster : Kaizer, DRL, NewBlood, Horse house, Record Robot, xalcyx , Jori, Amphytron, MM, Sakic's-A-Legend, RockLobster, Hasbro, Avsfan 101, Nightspore, Foppa2118, bling, Lunachiken, Super Joe Sakic, Joey 13, bleedgreen. I'll create (or any other person) fake league in 24 hours (with fake account if you don't want to see 20 fake teams with you real teams ) with posters names, select autodraft to determine order and sent passwords via PM to watch results.

After order will be released we will start prepare for draft here

Last edited by Kaizer: 08-23-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old
08-23-2006, 04:10 AM
12# Peter Bondra

If we draft at HF, I may join in (if there is space left).
If its live, count me out.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
i've set up a deep draft for next weds, it'll be a live one: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=283209

if anyone wants another one on top of the avs board 1, i know i can never have 2 many teams lol!!

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
NewBlood

Go ahead Kaizer, I can't wait to get it started!

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Kaizer

I've created fake league. In 72 hours we will know our draft order. Sent PM with pass and login to DRL (he was first in list) and Jori - she's a law here to control my actions. Sorry that didn't send PM to all but HF allows me to send only 1 PM every 60 seconds. Sorry again. When results will be allowed I'll make screenshot.

Old
08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I guess I just missed out on the fun after all.

Good luck to all of y'all participating. I'll play the part of the band-wagon fan and root for all of your players who are on the AVs real roster!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote