HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Game-Day Thread: Oilers vs. Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2003, 06:48 PM
  #51
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
There a gas leak in here or something?

Is this CBC announcer putting everyone asleep?

It's bloody tumbleweeds in here tonight for a game thread.
Well, it is Greg Millen. Between him and the new (?) play-by-play guy, I've heard some bizarre remarks. Apparently the Oilers are a team which has struggled to score goals this year. And why does it matter that the Oilers have an aggressive penalty kill when they are on the power play? They were confused about the penalties, then said that the extra was to Calgary, then started talking aboud Edmonton's penalty kill. I had no idea what was going on.

Dvorak is driving me nuts. He's getting into position for a good shot, then passing. Looks like Hemsky. Well, not that bad. Hope he gets his confidence back soon.

Allan is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:50 PM
  #52
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Allan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Well, it is Greg Millen. Between him and the new (?) play-by-play guy, I've heard some bizarre remarks. Apparently the Oilers are a team which has struggled to score goals this year. And why does it matter that the Oilers have an aggressive penalty kill when they are on the power play? They were confused about the penalties, then said that the extra was to Calgary, then started talking aboud Edmonton's penalty kill. I had no idea what was going on.
Dean Brown's the play-by-play guy. He's excellent. He usually does Sens games. I was kinda surprise he did say that about Edm's lack of scoring.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:51 PM
  #53
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Allan] And why does it matter that the Oilers have an aggressive penalty kill when they are on the power play? They were confused about the penalties, then said that the extra was to Calgary, then started talking aboud Edmonton's penalty kill. I had no idea what was going on.QUOTE]

I was gonna say something about that too.

I thought I was going crazy or something.

I'm like....what the ????

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:52 PM
  #54
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Millen: "Let's see how Moreau got the penalty". (roll tape, show PISANI with a love tap on the Flame skater, back to Millen) "Well that wasn't MUCH."

Jesus Murphy, Millen, I know you can't see well, I saw you play goal. But when you're assigned the fricking job of doing color for the Oilers, it might be an idea to know the names and numbers.

My 7 year old daughter does.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:56 PM
  #55
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
No numbers at NHL or Yahoo! What are the Oilers being out shot by 19 to 9? Boys had better have grittier 3rd or kiss goodbye to 2 points.

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 06:57 PM
  #56
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
No numbers at NHL or Yahoo! What are the Oilers being out shot by 19 to 9? Boys had better have grittier 3rd or kiss goodbye to 2 points.
The Oilers don't shoot. They want to make the cute play every frickin time. :mad:

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:00 PM
  #57
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Millen: "Let's see how Moreau got the penalty". (roll tape, show PISANI with a love tap on the Flame skater, back to Millen) "Well that wasn't MUCH."

Jesus Murphy, Millen, I know you can't see well, I saw you play goal. But when you're assigned the fricking job of doing color for the Oilers, it might be an idea to know the names and numbers.

My 7 year old daughter does.
Don't get me started on Millen, I've been listening to our Hall of Fame guy.

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:16 PM
  #58
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
What a save

Conklin holding us in again!!

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:21 PM
  #59
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Calgary doesn't look like a "fun team to play against" tonight.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:37 PM
  #60
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Well we get a least a point but give a point away.:mad: Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:40 PM
  #61
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Well we get a least a point but give a point away.:mad: Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!
I don't think Moreau did anything wrong there......like just shovel it into McLellan.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
  #62
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Overtime Win!!!

Smytty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
  #63
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Well, Tommy can keep the vibrating heater on his ass for another week or so, they'll ride Conklin now. He's outstanding.

Also, Bergeron is exceptional one on one. He can beat with his speed and his brain.

They didn't draft Conklin and they didn't draft Bergeron.

So, what were those 1,000,000 words about Rita?

Smyth scored. Great game, glad I was wrong.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
  #64
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
SMYTH NEEDED THAT ONE!!!!



gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
  #65
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
York has been playing incredible.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:48 PM
  #66
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Good to get the win!

Pretty pathetic game by the Oilers tho. Kinda game I expected after a 6 game road trip.

K.lo HAS to do something with Comrie. I mean, either get him back in or trade him. This team isn't winning faceoffs, abd their PP is putrid. Cgy is inept of offense but at least they can setup in the zone. The Oilers can even do that.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:49 PM
  #67
evman150*
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Dean Brown's the play-by-play guy. He's excellent.
No he isn't. He's terrible. I can't believe cbc would hire such a poor announcer.

Yuck.

evman150* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:51 PM
  #68
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
No he isn't. He's terrible. I can't believe cbc would hire such a poor announcer.

Yuck.
Is this your first time hearing him.....I thought so....Try to post something you know something about...

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:51 PM
  #69
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Well, Tommy can keep the vibrating heater on his ass for another week or so, they'll ride Conklin now. He's outstanding.

Also, Bergeron is exceptional one on one. He can beat with his speed and his brain.

They didn't draft Conklin and they didn't draft Bergeron.

So, what were those 1,000,000 words about Rita?

Smyth scored. Great game, glad I was wrong.
After Conks had that unfortunate goal on him (after 120:31) He was tested big time on the next 2 shifts and shut the door!

A week ago it's 3-1 Calgary right there.

Oilers really helped out Conks letting him see alot of the shots tonight in the early going.

I see he gets 1st star.

Although I didn't see the Wild game, I have to say I'm pretty encouraged that the Oilers had a span of 120 minutes were they weren't scored on recently.


gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:53 PM
  #70
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
After Conks had that unfortunate goal on him (after 120:31) He was tested big time on the next 2 shifts and shut the door!

A week ago it's 3-1 Calgary right there.

Oilers really helped out Conks letting him see alot of the shots tonight in the early going.

I see he gets 1st star.

Although I didn't see the Wild game, I have to say I'm pretty encouraged that the Oilers had a span of 120 minutes were they weren't scored on recently.

I was thinking the same thing. I found myself analyzing each save and asking myself: "Would Tommy have saved that?". The biggest difference between Conks and Tommy I think is confidence. Conks' right now is sky high and Tommy is struggling. Team in front seems to have confidence in his as well.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:55 PM
  #71
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Sutter kills me.

McLean asks him if he's gonna tell Jerome to stop getting in so many fights.

Sutter responds, "he's only been in 3."

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:55 PM
  #72
Asiaoil
Registered User
 
Asiaoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Thailand
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 500
A few observations:

- we have a new starter folks. Conks looks great and the team obviously has confidence in him. It is SOOOOO nice to see our goalie handle to puck and help out the dmen.

- Shawn Horcoff is a very bad hockey player right now

- we need a center at the best of times and Reasoner being out is killing us

- what is with our Czechs and not shooting??????

Asiaoil is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:57 PM
  #73
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I don't think Moreau did anything wrong there......like just shovel it into McLellan.
I was just shaking my head because McKlennan got lucky and got a fluke shoulder save and then off the crossbar.

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 07:58 PM
  #74
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I was just shaking my head because McKlennan got lucky and got a fluke shoulder save and then off the crossbar.
I hear ya.

Would have been another nice goal by Moreau.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 08:03 PM
  #75
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
I personally wasn't very satisfied with the lines tonight.. Smyth is basically turned into a checking line winger when he plays with Pisani and Moreau. While that's not neccessarily a terrible thing, it kind of feels like we're wasting one of our best offensive players.. same with Hemsky on a line with Chimera and Horcoff. Any word on Izzy?? I thought he was aiming to be back tonight.. we really could have used him tonight IMO. Salmeleinen has looked decent but he gets knocked off the puck way too easily to be effective in the offensive zone.

Cerebral is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.