HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game-Day Thread: Oilers vs. Flames

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 10:06 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
and hell if conklin doesnt work out...Dvorak seemed pretty good on the one shot he saved

Old
11-15-2003, 10:13 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Hey, 2nd straight game without giving up a PP goal! (after giving up PP goals in 13 out of 15 games before that, this is a nice change.)

Old
11-15-2003, 10:14 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
and hell if conklin doesnt work out...Dvorak seemed pretty good on the one shot he saved
Lol, ya, Warrener has a nice stop on Stoll too. Too bad Leopold's save percentage is .000 or maybe the Flames would never have fallen behind, lol.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Lol, ya, Warrener has a nice stop on Stoll too. Too bad Leopold's save percentage is .000 or maybe the Flames would never have fallen behind, lol.
Yeah, McLennan was all "Thanks a lot Jordan, since you want to play goal so bad why don't YOU put on the damn pads!"

Leopold looked like Paul Coffey on that play, but not in a good way.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:30 PM
OYLer

Quote:
For sure, what was the shot count tonight?
Check it out they finally posted the numbers http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/GS020251.HTM

Old
11-15-2003, 10:34 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Check it out they finally posted the numbers http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/GS020251.HTM
I guess I should be used to Calgary out shooting teams and still losing, lol. And 59%-41% in Face offs, hmmmm.....this team just kills me sometimes.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:43 PM
OYLer

Quote:
I guess I should be used to Calgary out shooting teams and still losing, lol. And 59%-41% in Face offs, hmmmm.....this team just kills me sometimes.
Tough loss for the Flames tonight. But hey you guys got a point and now go on a homestand. Calgary probably deserved better tonight but it happened to us against the Leafs. Sutter said he wasn't that unhappy, he thought his players played a good game overall. It was just our turn.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:02 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
oh ya, that's what I forgot!
I LOVED Conks killing a penalty by himself almost! I mean he looked like Turco or Brodeur playing the puck at times tonight!

Old
11-15-2003, 11:15 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
oh ya, that's what I forgot!
I LOVED Conks killing a penalty by himself almost! I mean he looked like Turco or Brodeur playing the puck at times tonight!
Man does Ty ever handle the puck better than Tommy. A couple of times when Ferggy was on 'D' Conks just stopped the puck on the shoot-in and made the breakout pass himself.

Old
11-16-2003, 06:35 AM
gretzky2kurri

I agree with OGE. There is no reason to hit the panic button because there is an asset sitting in the wings.

I personally don't think it's really dragged on that long.

Want long? Look at Peca, Lindros, Yashin etc......

The lack of MC isn't the only problem with this powerplay. And how many more pucks would our top line be fishing outta the net, 5 on 5 with 89 in the line-up? Might be worse.

Oilers are doing fine for a team that can't win an important face-off, if their life depended on it........and MC aint gonna help much there.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I agree with OGE. There is no reason to hit the panic button because there is an asset sitting in the wings.

I personally don't think it's really dragged on that long.

Want long? Look at Peca, Lindros, Yashin etc......

The lack of MC isn't the only problem with this powerplay. And how many more pucks would our top line be fishing outta the net, 5 on 5 with 89 in the line-up? Might be worse.

Oilers are doing fine for a team that can't win an important face-off, if their life depended on it........and MC aint gonna help much there.
All these are good points in theory. How is trading Comrie right now panicking? My point is this: Everything is good, the OIlers are over .500 and their putrid PP and awful faceoff hasn't not been a big factor. Fine, I'll give you that. But as I said, there is a fine line in the western conference between being a playoff team and a non-playoff team. At this point, Mact's only solution for the PP is sending out the 4th line.

I'll say it again. I'm fully aware that MC won't help out on faceoff, but gawd he won't hurt the PP.

Lowe is in a position of strength and should try to sign of deal MC now instead of waiting for the Oilers annual tank fest in January and February where he may not have the upper hand.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:45 AM
gretzky2kurri

Dr. van Nostrin:

But as I said, there is a fine line in the western conference between being a playoff team and a non-playoff team. At this point, Mact's only solution for the PP is sending out the 4th line.

I can understand where you're coming from, but the playoffs aren't sneaking up on us quite yet.

I feel there will be certain areas the Oilers will have improved by seasons end, and who knows, certain un-expected players may step up.

I too wish there wasn't an asset just sitting there not helping the team. But the way things are right now, Lowe can try to hit a home-run.

I would wait for the right pitch also.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Dr. van Nostrin:

But as I said, there is a fine line in the western conference between being a playoff team and a non-playoff team. At this point, Mact's only solution for the PP is sending out the 4th line.

I can understand where you're coming from, but the playoffs aren't sneaking up on us quite yet.

I feel there will be certain areas the Oilers will have improved by seasons end, and who knows, certain un-expected players may step up.

I too wish there wasn't an asset just sitting there not helping the team. But the way things are right now, Lowe can try to hit a home-run.

I would wait for the right pitch also.
One thing that doesn't help is all the name that have been mentioned in possible trades and as a fan, you think "Can Lowe get better?". Deep down, I really do think Lowe will do the right thing. I think he did well in the Carter and Ninnimma deals (even when they happened). I just happen to think that the time is right to end the MC situation.

We'll see I guess. What are the chances of MC being announced as starting centre next Saturday?

Old
11-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Digger12

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get the impression that Lowe has put the Comrie issue on the back burner until the Heritage Classic is over and done with?

Oh yeah, isn't it close (or maybe even past) the 'sign Mike at budget prices' deadline that Winter decreed last week? So much for that.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:46 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get the impression that Lowe has put the Comrie issue on the back burner until the Heritage Classic is over and done with?

Oh yeah, isn't it close (or maybe even past) the 'sign Mike at budget prices' deadline that Winter decreed last week? So much for that.
It does make sense if the Heritage Classic gets snowed out and he needs to give a refund it could seriously affect our expendable money and who we can afford to sign.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:59 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
One thing that doesn't help is all the name that have been mentioned in possible trades and as a fan, you think "Can Lowe get better?". Deep down, I really do think Lowe will do the right thing. I think he did well in the Carter and Ninnimma deals (even when they happened). I just happen to think that the time is right to end the MC situation.

We'll see I guess. What are the chances of MC being announced as starting centre next Saturday?
I'm thinking that if your name was Hemsky you would be in Lowe's office every day demanding that he get a real centre.

And what happened to the "threat" to scare everyone by talking to Mike?

Old
11-17-2003, 03:53 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
I'm thinking that if your name was Hemsky you would be in Lowe's office every day demanding that he get a real centre.

And what happened to the "threat" to scare everyone by talking to Mike?
Actually, I was thinking about that. That's what Lowe said right? When he got to Edmonton, he would have a talk with MC. Wonder hopw that turned out?

Closed Thread