HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlantic division

Old
08-28-2006, 10:43 PM
flyersfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Against the Devils it's Madden and Pandolfo Vs. the Forsberg's line. Maybe Flyer fans aren't concerned about a shut-down line. However, I feel comfortable as a Devils fan having the opition of throwing out those guys. I watched Jagar drive the Flyers crazy last season. Against the Devils, Madden and especially Pandolofo gave him fits.
I missed the game in March when the Rangers crushed us, but other than one other game, I can't really remember 'Jagr driving us crazy' and in the game I am thinking of Lundqvist gave up 6 so it didn't really matter what Jagr did. I could be wrong though, and I know that Madden did do a fabu job against Jagr. But Jagr is one player on one team, I don't think our management should be worrying about building a team around someone who tends to disappear when the real games come.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
I missed the game in March when the Rangers crushed us, but other than one other game, I can't really remember 'Jagr driving us crazy' and in the game I am thinking of Lundqvist gave up 6 so it didn't really matter what Jagr did. I could be wrong though, and I know that Madden did do a fabu job against Jagr. But Jagr is one player on one team, I don't think our management should be worrying about building a team around someone who tends to disappear when the real games come.
I think that was teh game right after Olympic games. No Handzus or Gagne Johnsson was out few others, I am not sure about Rico. I believe that was the game Brashear went after Kasper for hitting Gagne with a hip check at the Olympics and trying to take out Forsberg (with a shoulder) in 2nd period.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I think that was teh game right after Olympic games. No Handzus or Gagne Johnsson was out few others, I am not sure about Rico. I believe that was the game Brashear went after Kasper for hitting Gagne with a hip check at the Olympics and trying to take out Forsberg (with a shoulder) in 2nd period.
That definitely was the game (one of only about 3 I missed all season). Don't get me wrong, I definitely paid more attention when Jagr was on the ice than when he wasn't, but to say that he 'made us crazy' is just pushing it a little bit, IMO.

Old
08-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
That definitely was the game (one of only about 3 I missed all season). Don't get me wrong, I definitely paid more attention when Jagr was on the ice than when he wasn't, but to say that he 'made us crazy' is just pushing it a little bit, IMO.
I do not kow what you were watching but Jagr dominate the Flyers in regular season. Try to remember Hitch interviews about Jagr, we were preparing for this but he did that, new rules benefit him, every time on the ice he does something new, he is a threat and so on. The only time Forsberg outplayed him when Flyers had two back to back games against NYR and then Devils. Forsberg played against Rangers and we won that game big really took it to the Rangers and then we dropped next game against Devils I think it was 4:0 loss Sat 1pm game (Forsberg did not play against Devils).

Old
08-29-2006, 09:04 AM
JR#9*

[QUOTE=SEEKACUP;6376898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
As was mentioned earlier in this thread, Prucha is back, Rucinsky and Sykora are not.

Say what you want but the Rangers upgraded three of the top six forward spots offensively.

They're replacing Rucinsky (16-39, 55) with Brendan Shanahan (40-41, 81).
They're replacing Rucchin (13-23, 36) with Matt Cullen (25-24, 49).
They're replacing Sykora (23-28, 51) with Petr Prucha (30-17, 47).

LOL, This is so dumb....OK...Then who are they replacing Prucha with ?...I mean they replaced the first two guys who left with new guys...How can they replace someone who left, with someone they already had ???
Wow!

Is it really that hard to follow?

Prucha was on the THIRD line last year despite deserving to be on the 2nd.

Now he is replacing one of the 3 departed guys and he is an upgarde on any one of Sykora-Ruchinsky=Rucchin as are Cullen and Shanny so 3 of the top 6 fprward positions were upgraded!!!

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Jagr was dominate vs the Flyers last season.Look up his #'s in the 8 games for a refresher.

Old
08-29-2006, 09:13 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
[QUOTE=JR#9;6380345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post

Wow!

Is it really that hard to follow?

Prucha was on the THIRD line last year despite deserving to be on the 2nd.

Now he is replacing one of the 3 departed guys and he is an upgarde on any one of Sykora-Ruchinsky=Rucchin as are Cullen and Shanny so 3 of the top 6 fprward positions were upgraded!!!
I also said that the Rangers improved their offense on the top two lines. I didn't mention the third line but people are bringing that up.

08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Unfortunately, Jagr did drive the Flyers crazy last year. He scored a ton of goals (for some reason Esche can't stop a Jagr shot) on us.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
Unfortunately, Jagr did drive the Flyers crazy last year. He scored a ton of goals (for some reason Esche can't stop a Jagr shot) on us.
Ok, I believe you all. I do know that Jagr is just about the only thing about the Rangers that 'scares' me. As for driving us 'crazy' I could say that about a bunch of opposing players in the latter half of the season.

Old
08-30-2006, 10:06 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Ok, I believe you all. I do know that Jagr is just about the only thing about the Rangers that 'scares' me. n.
Yeah, that kid in Goal is a bum up in NY.

Old
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
No one said anything about him being a bum. Don't put words in someone's mouth.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Truth be told, Henrik did not do well against us, so no, I am not 'scared' of him. Check his stats vs. the Flyers-nothing to write home about. The only times the Rangers beat us last season were when Weekes was in nets.

Old
08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Jester

Quote:
goalies gotta prove it over a couple of years... there are a LOT of guys who have come in and looked great in their first year and then fallen apart...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
goalies gotta prove it over a couple of years... there are a LOT of guys who have come in and looked great in their first year and then fallen apart...
Every other guy including Frank....