HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

TSN.ca: Tkachuk handed three-game suspension

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 06:44 AM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
And he should have gotten 6. Tkachuck is immature, and there is no place for him in the league IF he is going to continue to cross-check people as he is doing. Its illegal, wrong, and its in a clear attempt to injure. It makes me sick watching one of the most talented players in the league have a temper tantrum, and then only receive a slap on the wrist. Who cares if they other guy over-embellished the hit? It does not make what Kieth did any worse.
Too bad the NHL doesn't agree with you.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat

That's really the point. We can be arm chair quarterbacks all we want, but in this instance, the NHL clearly didn't feel that Keith Tkachuk deserved anymore than a three game suspension, and that's more for the "repeat offender" tag than the actual event. People need to get over themselves and their hatred for certain players/teams.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
That's really the point. We can be arm chair quarterbacks all we want, but in this instance, the NHL clearly didn't feel that Keith Tkachuk deserved anymore than a three game suspension, and that's more for the "repeat offender" tag than the actual event. People need to get over themselves and their hatred for certain players/teams.
I hope this isn't directed at me b/c I have no hatred for the Blues or Kieth. I just feel like a stricter sentence would make him realize that its not worth the hit. He hasn't learned a lesson yet with these wimpy suspensions, and I feel like a stricter sentence would make him come to his senses.

Quote:
Yeah, it really is too bad. Kieth hasn't learned a thing from any of his past suspensions. He continues, and most likely will continue, to abuse people illegally with his stick. I, for one, think that a harder stance here would have made him wake up. The guy doesn't even care. He showed no remorse for the hit, and I seriously think he believes that what he did was perfectly fine.....Maybe next time, if a similar instance happens, the NHL will come down harder on him.

Bottomline: If Tkachuck learns from this, then I'm perfectly fine with this suspension. However, past instances, have shown that he hasn't learned from these tiny suspensions, and this is why I feel like he should have been dealt with more harshly. I saw the play. Cleary the Shark player overembellished it, but that does not make what Kieth did any better IMO.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheRat
you're awfully sanctimonious, particulary for a canucks fan and particulary for a canucks fan who appears to be fond of Brad May. I'm sure your moral outrage extends to acts committed by players on other teams, particularly teams such as the Blues, but is absent when one of your little boys does the same things. God, hypocrisy makes me sick.
Again, with all the hand-wringing and whining done over this issue, all the panties in knots and the little hockey pacifists screaming about moral terpitude, it makes me wish KT and Weight had really done some damage to their 'victims' instead of the little love taps they got suspended for.
I'd suggest you go watch curling. It appears to be right up your alley. You can sit there, watch your little curling match and knit your cat a sweater.
P.S. Check the cookies in the oven, I think they're done.
Message to NotTheRat:

Maybe you shouldn't take what he said personally. What they did is wrong, and they should be suspended for it. Frankly, I fail to see what this post has to do with the quote in question. Learn to write in a more mature fashion.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:57 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Learn to write in a more mature fashion? Who do you think you are? You aren't in a position to take the moral high road with me, whoever the hell you are. You're a nothing little punk on a message board. Got that?
Thank you for insightful post . Excuse my tears, I just feel so bad.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:15 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
If the incident was anywhere near as bad as some of the Sharks fans (and Lappy) tried to say, being a repeat offender he would have gotten at least 6.
I expect no better from you, but as you totally avoided everything I said about the whole entire incident, how about you not speak for me or paraphrase me regarding this incident? Go back to your lovely world where apparently Tkachuk's actions aren't detrimental to his team (seeing as I haven't read a single word from you condemning anything he did; instead I have read excuses and blaming Davison). Tkachuk acts like a spoiled little brat over nothing and is now out while the Blues are still missing Weight. Yeah, good ol' Tkachuk. His emotions are as predictable as his inability to control them.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Sotnos

Discuss the incident and not each other or this thread's getting closed.

Thanks

Old
11-15-2003, 12:24 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Learn to write in a more mature fashion? Who do you think you are? You aren't in a position to take the moral high road with me, whoever the hell you are. You're a nothing little punk on a message board. Got that?
Dude, that's totally sweet.

Old
11-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Too weak suspension for a proven repeat offender,

Not surprise about it either since the league looks bad with suspension's on it's "superstars"

at least TWICE of given would be a starting point right now i get the feeling Tkachuk is looking forward to a cple games of vacation since god knows he can afford to take a cple games off once in a while.

A MUCH harder suspension was called for to get the message straight that we have ZERO tolerance of famous stickwork

Old
11-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Plager05

The crosscheck really wasn't that bad, It hit off his shoulder and went into his neck. Tkachuk is probably mad because Davison is telling everyone he hit him "right in the chin", and about his little performance Thursday night. If Tkachuk had really jacked him stright in the chin, he would've gotten like 8 or 9 games, but it really wasn't that bad (as people who probably watched it for hours and hours concluded) so he only got three. Because, after all, he crosschecked someone in the neck.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:37 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
The crosscheck really wasn't that bad, It hit off his shoulder and went into his neck. Tkachuk is probably mad because Davison is telling everyone he hit him "right in the chin", and about his little performance Thursday night. If Tkachuk had really jacked him stright in the chin, he would've gotten like 8 or 9 games, but it really wasn't that bad (as people who probably watched it for hours and hours concluded) so he only got three. Because, after all, he crosschecked someone in the neck.
I agree, but it was more like he touched or grazed somebody in the neck.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:56 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
Yeah, I agree with this. Next time Tkachuk(hopefully) might considering checking the guy in the arm or back...somewehre such that he won't be pushing UP into anything like the neck. And if Tkachuk had really hit him in the chin, the guy would've been a lot worse off. As a repeat offender, I don't know if Tkachuk will learn from this, but there's always a chance he won't put himself in a position to have his stick ride up and nail a guy in the neck again.

Weight's check on Sedin was worse, IMO and his comments made it even worse. Sedin DID miss a few shifts and DID require stitches. The worse part was the stick came under the visor and nailed him in the eye, which was very very dangerous. I was predicting 6 games, but I think he got four because he wasn't a repeat offender.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Yet you're in the position to take the moral high-road on me? I never personally attacked you, so why'd you bother doing so with me? Yes, I'm a fan of Brad May, but even I know the man's done some serious wrong in his career. There's a fair list of men who have done so, and May's name is certainly on there--but so is Tkachuk's. Stop tossing around personal attacks and downplaying others' arguments, all you do is make your own a joke.

~Canucklehead~