HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brent Henley

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Brent Henley

I had the opportunity to see Henley play for the South Carolina Stingrays tonight, it said in the game notes he was on contract with Edmonton. Assuming that's correct (although I don't see a profile for him -- I'm looking at you Guy ) then he may have the best potential of all of Edmonton's prospects in the ECHL. I was very impressed by him, and that says a lot when he was a defenseman playing on the losing side of a game in which his team gave up 47 shots. He played excellent defense against Gwinnett, a team that is tops in the league ("the best team in the league" according to one of his teammates tonight). He plays the body just the way you should, gets to the right spots, makes good outlets. I see from his stats he's a fighter, but there wasn't any of that tonight -- from anyone, not just him. It was a pretty tight game most of the way.

His team is back in town next week, I might talk to him. If I can shout that high that is. I'm not short, he's just very very tall.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:11 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Henley drew lots of attention during training-camp in September. Some people thought he might look good with the Toronto Roadrunners (and I think he might have been signed by the Roadrunners and not the Oilers.) I think he was listed at 6'7 and 255. He had the habit of beating people up, then heading straight to the penalty-box without waiting for the ref to tell him. I think I read that he's diabetic.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:26 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
there was a news report i heard yesterday on Captial FM (i think) saying that they've found a possible cure for a type of Bacteria. I dunno thats all I remember anyone know more on this?

EDIT : crap i meant diabetes. DOH

Old
11-14-2003, 10:41 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
there was a news report i heard yesterday on Captial FM (i think) saying that they've found a possible cure for a type of Bacteria. I dunno thats all I remember anyone know more on this?
Bacteria?

Old
11-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Assuming that's correct (although I don't see a profile for him -- I'm looking at you Guy ) then he may have the best potential of all of Edmonton's prospects in the ECHL.
Holly... I'm pretty sure he only signed a minor league deal with the Roadrunners... a two way AHL/ECHL deal. Does that qualify him as an Oiler prospect? That's the only reason there's no bio because I didn't think so. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Holly... I'm pretty sure he only signed a minor league deal with the Roadrunners... a two way AHL/ECHL deal. Does that qualify him as an Oiler prospect? That's the only reason there's no bio because I didn't think so. Tell me if I'm wrong.
If he's only on a minor league deal then no, but like I said the game notes said otherwise. They've been known to be wrong, of course, but the quote you had from Prendergast about him in one of your training camp articles sounded like he was yours too. I guess I would say please double check with the organization what kind of contract he has. We (either you or me) should do a profile on him either way, the only question is where to file it under. Let me know what you find out.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Obsessed

The "Henley Giant" is the name I remember. I got a chance to see him in training camp and at the UofA GB's game. He was a crowd favorite as I remember. He likes the rough stuff. Alot!! The one play that sticks out is him sitting on a GB after the play had gon up ice and he was pretending to try and get up but he was really giving the guy under him cross checks to the head with his stick. You could see the guys visor flexing under the pressure of his stick. LOL. It was great. No penalty. The crowd loved it. The Oilers crowd that is. UofA hockey goers love their Bears.

His biggest draw back was his mobility and his temper. He a little like Cross only meaner.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
He a little like Cross only meaner.
A lot meaner. Derian Hatcher mean.

Old
11-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
If he's only on a minor league deal then no, but like I said the game notes said otherwise.
Actually, let me clarify, even if EDM still just holds his rights, he should go on the page, regardless of contract. Sort of like a draft pick.

Old
11-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Walsher

I also had the "pleasure" of watching Brent Henley and I'll tell you it was embarrassing. He was aweful!! It was the Bears/Oilers game and all he accomplished was stupid penalties and bad skating. If he is the Oilers most promising anything this team is in dire needs of help. Any player Henley's age in the ECHL has absolutely no chance of ever playing in the NHL - unless of course they strike and he plays as a replacement player.

Old
11-15-2003, 03:16 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Bacteria?

Gah what a typo i made there i meant Diabetes.

where's that brick wall i need to bash my head against it

Old
11-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Holly Gunning

I saw in the transactions that Henley was called up to Toronto today.

Every time I decide I want to talk to someone, they seem to get called up lately. I guess that's a good sign though.

Closed Thread