HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bergeron Contract !

Old
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Art Vandelay

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
This contract shouldn't carry any implication for the negotiation with Gagne, they are in different parts of their careers, and should not be compared.

However this does carry implication when it is time to resign Carter and Richards.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
This contract shouldn't carry any implication for the negotiation with Gagne, they are in different parts of their careers, and should not be compared.

However this does carry implication when it is time to resign Carter and Richards.
Do you really think Gagné (or his agent) won't be able to say to Clarke "That guy has only really been successful for a year or two and he got a long term contract at almost $5m per season, with only ONE of those years being a UFA year". Meanwhile Gagné is more seasoned, more proven and is much closer to being a UFA.... I think this WILL have an impact on negociations.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Do you really think Gagné (or his agent) won't be able to say to Clarke "That guy has only really been successful for a year or two and he got a long term contract at almost $5m per season, with only ONE of those years being a UFA year". Meanwhile Gagné is more seasoned, more proven and is much closer to being a UFA.... I think this WILL have an impact on negociations.

I'm guessing Clarke will consider this contract in the same way he considers Brad Richards contract. "It doesn't exist"

As for the 4 million you mentioned at the start of this thread. Dunno were you got that figure, it's always been 5+.
How much do you think Gagne wants, 6+?

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
I'm guessing Clarke will consider this contract in the same way he considers Brad Richards contract. "It doesn't exist"

As for the 4 million you mentioned at the start of this thread. Dunno were you got that figure, it's always been 5+.
How much do you think Gagne wants, 6+?
I'm pretty sure I remember reading an article earlier in the summer saying Clarke wanted him around $4 million and Gagné wanted over $5 million, although I could have remembered the numbers incorrectly. I suppose if instead of 4 & 5 the numbers were 5 & 6 that this contract doesn't deteriorate things quite as much on Clarke's side of things. I do find it hard to believe that, if Gagné does only want around $5 million, that a contract hasn't been signed yet.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
FoppaArGud

Orr will get them big deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
No way in hell he should be making that much. Thats more than Staal and Spezza, and Bergeron hasn't even hit a ppg.
Notice they signed shorter contracts the way Gaborik did three years back. He still hasnt strung together a full season and Minnie shelled out damn near Kovalchuk money for him. Orr will make sure Staal an Spezza get paid in due time.

This deal is really not that absurd if you caught Bergeron at his best last year. He had a bit of a lull but early on and especially late in the year he looked great. Boyes probably had a better all-around campaign but I would consider Bergeron the better long term bet.

FoppaArGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
he might be overpaid today, but in another year or two he will be a steal of a contract.
Correct.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 12:38 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I think the guys who are doing the arbitration are doing such high awards intentionally.

Think about how hyped up everything was last year cause players were going everywhere and rosters were constantly changing. Think they're doing this intentionally in the hopes so that the team will drop them and they'll sign somewhere else, maybe a worse team with some cap space that'll even out the league?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaArGud View Post
Boyes probably had a better all-around campaign but I would consider Bergeron the better long term bet.
The part in bold could not be more wrong.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote