HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

I love Sather...

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I love Sather...

He's made it clear now why Moore was sent down:

"We want Moore to keep playing," Sather said. "It's one thing to be here, and in and out of the lineup, and another thing to be playing (a lot) in the minors."

At least that makes sense. The question, obviously, is what did he do to deserve to be out of the lineup, expecially behind, say, Hlavac? Especially against Philly...while I understand it can get rough out there, Hlavac, while not totally adverse to initiating contact, is scared to death of being hit out there. Further, I don't remember him ever playing a good game against Philly (when the Czechmates were a line, they didn't score a point against Philly (or PITT, and in only one game against the Devils)). So to me, it seemed like an opportunity to see if the kid was ready for the NHL, because most indications thus far pointed to the fact that he was ready for an NHL role. Granted it looked at times as though he wasn't stable on his skates, but that didn't seem to affect his performance.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
He's made it clear now why Moore was sent down:

"We want Moore to keep playing," Sather said. "It's one thing to be here, and in and out of the lineup, and another thing to be playing (a lot) in the minors."

At least that makes sense. The question, obviously, is what did he do to deserve to be out of the lineup, expecially behind, say, Hlavac? Especially against Philly...while I understand it can get rough out there, Hlavac, while not totally adverse to initiating contact, is scared to death of being hit out there. Further, I don't remember him ever playing a good game against Philly (when the Czechmates were a line, they didn't score a point against Philly (or PITT, and in only one game against the Devils)). So to me, it seemed like an opportunity to see if the kid was ready for the NHL, because most indications thus far pointed to the fact that he was ready for an NHL role. Granted it looked at times as though he wasn't stable on his skates, but that didn't seem to affect his performance.

If that mystery could be solved, Fletch, I think we'd be in the playoffs. I'm not saying Moore would have been the season savior, but surely he warranted a longer look. I mean, it's not like he was sent down in favor of a highly productive hlavac. I barely know when the guy's on the ice.

Old
11-15-2003, 06:34 AM
barnaby63

hlavac didnt play against the flyers.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Fletch

How are you sure Pasha?

I don't see him sacracifing himself too much to make a play. I do see him coughing up or shying away from the puck on occasion when about to be hit. I think he's scared and lacks confidence.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Fletch

Read my post again..

I did state that he wasn't totally adverse to initiating contact. There's a difference when you're the agressor, or when you're a bit 'helpless'. He moves the puck quick not because he's afraid of turning over the puck, because he's afraid of getting hit, and his moving the puck quickly often results in a turnover, as he shields himself from the hit. I truly believe he lacks confidence right now.

Closed Thread