HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles Proposals...

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 08:38 AM
VaporXX

vCash: 500
Isles Proposals...

Mark Parrish, & Eric Cairns to San Jose
for Marco Strum & Mike Rathje

Mike Peca and Kenny Jonsson to Colorado
for
Martin Skoula, Alex Tanguay, and Dan Hinote

Old
11-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value

for

I'd do both trades. Doubt either SJ or Colorado would do them.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:55 AM
PigPen

NYI get absolutely hosed on the Tanguay and Skoula for Peca and Jonsson deal.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:56 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporXX
for
Yuck.

Make that Roman Hamrlik, Janne Niinimaa or Adrian Aucoin and you get some consideration from Pierre Lacroix. Alex Tanguay leads the NHL in scoring right now and is a dynamic passer. All the kid lacked was confidence, and he has been Colorado's best forward this year. A boat load of skill.

Tanguay - Yashin - Kvasha

That line would likely be amongst the most talented, and Tanguay is a legitimate 45+ assist man. He'd compliment the scoring abilities of Yashin and Kvasha nicely.

I doubt the Avalanche would have interest in Mike Peca, regardless of how good the guy is. He'd obviously cost alot to get, but the Avalanche are not about to bump either of Peter Forsberg or Joe Sakic from center to accomodate Peca. Andrei Nikolishin, despite not being anywhere near Peca's level, is servicing very nicely as our new third line centerman.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporXX

for
Two horrible and unbalanced proposals.

On the first one, I'd rather have Sturm then Parrish, and Rathje, a solid #3 in his own right, could demand a heck of a lot more then a #6 goon.

Try again, maybe replace Cairns with Aucoins? I doubt the Sharks would listen for any offers concenring Sturm, however. And I don't see the sense for the Sharks to make such a deal in the first place.

The 2nd one is just as bad, but from the different side. Peca is easily the most valueble and best player in the deal, he'd demand a serious package in return if he would be put on the block, Kenny Johnson, who I view as a fringe first pairing defenseman, and an underrated one at that, somehow isn't worth more then a current low pairing defenseman and solid grinder? Sorry, but replace Skoula and Hinote with Morris, add a pick or Trent Hunter or something and I'd say give it another try. But this is just strictly valuewise, as I am not basing all this on salary as the Isles are in some kind of "shred as much salary as we possible can" mood. In which case a Tanguay/Skoula return might not be as bad as I make it seem.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:45 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
The 2nd one is just as bad, but from the different side. Peca is easily the most valueble and best player in the deal, he'd demand a serious package in return if he would be put on the block, Kenny Johnson, who I view as a fringe first pairing defenseman, and an underrated one at that, somehow isn't worth more then a current low pairing defenseman and solid grinder? Sorry, but replace Skoula and Hinote with Morris, add a pick or Trent Hunter or something and I'd say give it another try. But this is just strictly valuewise, as I am not basing all this on salary as the Isles are in some kind of "shred as much salary as we possible can" mood. In which case a Tanguay/Skoula return might not be as bad as I make it seem.
huh?

Peca and Jonsson would be nice, as would getting rid of Skoula for anything, but no way we trade either Hinote or Tanguay. our other forwards are playing too poorly right now (or they're injured) to accomodate trading the league's leading scorer in Tanguay. Peca isn't the player he used to be, IMO, and it makes more sense for us to keep Hinote than to have Peca on our 3rd line.

last year, the Isle's wouldn't have looked twice at that deal. here and now, i doubt the Avs would, either.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Ozy_Flame

I'd have to say, both are somewhat weighted in the Islanders favour. However, it's not totally far off. The second deal is not impossible, given that the Islanders, to my knowledge, want to save some bucks and bring in a youngster. Tanguay would be a great addition to the Isles forward ranks, and at least Skoula is young, cheap, and doesn't have the head problems and impending UFA status Jonsson is burdened with (albeit, he brings qualities to the Isles Skoula never can).

I'd love to get Parrish, and even moreso Peca on the Flames, but I just can't imagine what we'd have to give up. If the Isles were willing to take a deal of Reinprecht, Gauthier and a pick for Peca, I'm all for it, but I'm not sure Milbury would like that too much.

Darth, what's your take?

Old
11-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
If Peca went to the Flames, I would hope the deal started with Regehr.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I'd have to say, both are somewhat weighted in the Islanders favour. However, it's not totally far off. The second deal is not impossible, given that the Islanders, to my knowledge, want to save some bucks and bring in a youngster. Tanguay would be a great addition to the Isles forward ranks, and at least Skoula is young, cheap, and doesn't have the head problems and impending UFA status Jonsson is burdened with (albeit, he brings qualities to the Isles Skoula never can).

I'd love to get Parrish, and even moreso Peca on the Flames, but I just can't imagine what we'd have to give up. If the Isles were willing to take a deal of Reinprecht, Gauthier and a pick for Peca, I'm all for it, but I'm not sure Milbury would like that too much.

Darth, what's your take?
According to Alan Hahn (who has been very reliable up to now), Peca and the top four dmen are not on the table. Parrish may be on the table, however. If he gets move in a salary dump (which is what essentially would be happening) I expect the deal to involve picks or prospects.

Peca to the Flames is extremely improbably for a number of reasons, $ being just part of the problem. But, if something like that did happen, I doubt Gauthier or Reinprecht would be of much interest. The deal would have to involve top notch prospects and picks.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
According to Alan Hahn (who has been very reliable up to now), Peca and the top four dmen are not on the table. Parrish may be on the table, however. If he gets move in a salary dump (which is what essentially would be happening) I expect the deal to involve picks or prospects.

Peca to the Flames is extremely improbably for a number of reasons, $ being just part of the problem. But, if something like that did happen, I doubt Gauthier or Reinprecht would be of much interest. The deal would have to involve top notch prospects and picks.
I've had a liking for Peca his entire career - one of my favourite players. In terms of dollars, if Calgary can give something in a trade to compensate for his salary, then I don't think it's too far off. With Conroy almost probable to be dealt by the end of this season, that saves us some change. Giving up Reinprecht and Gauthier would save another $3 million, and boom - you have $5 million to pay Peca. However, it is top notch prospects and picks you want, then that could be a problem financially. I would, however, be willing to give up ANY one of our prospects, including Leopold, Nystrom, Phaneuf, or Kobasew to land him. I just think Peca is one of those players who would do extremely well in Calgary.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I've had a liking for Peca his entire career - one of my favourite players. In terms of dollars, if Calgary can give something in a trade to compensate for his salary, then I don't think it's too far off. With Conroy almost probable to be dealt by the end of this season, that saves us some change. Giving up Reinprecht and Gauthier would save another $3 million, and boom - you have $5 million to pay Peca. However, it is top notch prospects and picks you want, then that could be a problem financially. I would, however, be willing to give up ANY one of our prospects, including Leopold, Nystrom, Phaneuf, or Kobasew to land him. I just think Peca is one of those players who would do extremely well in Calgary.

I still don't think Calgary will bring in a 4 millon a year player, and still think the Isles won't move him. But, we'll see.

In these sad days when the $ rules the NHL, anything can happen. :mad:

Closed Thread