HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moore Back to Hershey...Foppa Returns?

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 06:51 AM
Sakic19

vCash: 500
Moore Back to Hershey...Foppa Returns?

Just like it says, does this mean Forsberg's back?

Old
11-15-2003, 07:53 AM
avfan#21

Well it's either Peter, Worrell or Foote I would imagine. Seems like Worrell should be back anytime, so I'll guess (hope) its worrell. Still havent' seen him play in an Avs uni yet

Old
11-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19
Just like it says, does this mean Forsberg's back?
I don't think so, even Forsberg said on Thursday that he wouldn't play tonight.

What it may mean is that after Thursday's turnover fiasco, the Avs coaches have come to the conclusion that McAllister can't play defense any longer and that they plan on using him at forward. This was apparently the conclusion they reached in training camp but later forgot.

I think it means Clark is in as the 6th defensemen, or perhaps possibly Adam Foote is returning tonight, though I think that is still a longshot.

Old
11-15-2003, 08:15 AM
avfan#21

not to hijack the thread but that gaffe was as much Sauve's fault as it was Big Mac's. Call me pessimistic but I knew the minute that goal went in Sauve was going to fold like a tent. His confidence level seems tenuous at best.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
It would have helped if the rest of the team hadn't folded along with him.

Forsberg has already ruled himself out. Foote could be the player returning, I believe he is the only injured Av player not listed as officially out for tonight's game. Even if McAllister is used at forward and Clark is used as a defenseman, that still doesn't make up for Moore's absence since all three players were in the lineup against Phoenix.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:32 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Foote is listed as PROBABLE for tonight on the avs website. http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/gameday/GameNotes.asp

Old
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup
Foote is listed as PROBABLE for tonight on the avs website. http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/gameday/GameNotes.asp
Well, that's damn fine news in itself. I guess I was hoping for the best following the logic that they sent down a center, so another should be coming back.

Old
11-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
I don't see playing McAlister as an upgrade over Moore at all. What a strange move. Thats the second time they sent him down, when I thought he should have stayed. Normally I would say that it was because they needed McAllister's size and toughness, but that would mean they would just keep Moore as a scratch not send him down. If it's Foote's return, that would mean they would send down Clark not Moore, since Mac would be the #7 guy. Maybe they thought Worrell was going to return, but decided not to at the last minute. Looks like Moore will be back anyway, since Kariya looks like he reinjured his wrist. I really feel for Moore, he's being bounced around like a pinball. I got to think Granato has something against Moore, because I thought he deserved to at least be kept on the team as a healthy scratch.

Closed Thread