HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Camm predictions

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 09:22 PM
londberg21

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
Camm predictions

I'm from Detroit, a Wings fan.....thanks for Schneider btw....

Anyway, how good is Cammalleri gonna be? 40 points? 60 points? 80 points? Do you see him being on the top two lines by the end of the year?

I've scoured and scoured and haven't really been able to get a clear idea of how good the kid is, so could you guys toss me some opinions? That'd be great. Thanks.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:12 AM
B-MEL

We will let you know in a while, he just was recalled from the AHL. He's only played in 2 games this season due to injury. He was having a great training camp until he tweaked his knee ina pre-season game against the Sharks.

He went down to Manchester and has 5 points in 5 games 4g 1 a (scoring 2 goals in two separate games)

Old
11-18-2003, 06:35 AM
dafranchz

Wait and see

You could come out and be optimistic and say he is going to the best, but I am taking a wait and see approach.

What I do know is that once he gets a solid look and the ability to perform, he has the skills and determination to be a solid player. I mean...jeez he came out of the best hockey school, coached by one of the best college coaches ever!

I expect great things from the the Squid!

Old
11-18-2003, 08:09 AM
swinginutter*

Cammy can be a serious bad @ss, but I don't think he'll ever get the chance here. He's definitely misused, and he's under a fine microscope. Our coach is more caught up, with the "playing safe approach", so he put's checking players in scoring roles, which has me clueless. If he's given proper time, maybe 18-20 minutes a game at a consistent pace, on one of the top two lines, i'll guarantee that he will produce!
Posters here get caught up on his size, and defensive liabilities. But don't buy it, he has blazing speed when healthy, sick hands, and an incredible shot. I think LA fans in general, have been possessed to think it's all about defensive hockey, and to have role players only. If we didn't have Ziggy right now, which is the only player we have right now that brings excitement, this team would absolutely be in shambles!

Old
11-18-2003, 09:59 AM
punchy1

Excellent points. I have to agree with you with the exception that most of the teams around the league seem to be taking this type of a stance and while there are a few who still allow some of their scoring forwards to play a more one demensional game, they are few and we are seeing more than just a trend towards the boring. That is why the NHL is working so hard in an effort to come up with ways to increase scoring. As I see it. Great points though, interesting.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:34 AM
swinginutter*

Funny thing is, this game has been changed so many times in recent years, with rules and etc. They should have just left it alone, like it was in the 80's and early 90's. They've been saying for years keep the fighting, hooking, and holding down and it will bring the scoring up, but the fact of the matter is it did the exact opposite. Instead players are getting high-sticked like crazy and it's all stick work. Players like Tyson Nash would never be in the league back in the day. He fights like an NBA star, slaps at best. Back in the day you needed to back your game up, now they get away with murder. We have a dilluted league with boring systems in place. I remember when a 3.00ga was really good. Shutouts are so common place now it's ridiculous. I agree that they're only a few teams that let their forwards play. You're lucky to see two scoring chances a game these days.

I love soccer, and being Italian i've grown up with these defensive systems so I expect to see it there, but not on the ice rink.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:44 AM
swinginutter*

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...83&hubName=nhl

Great read, and interesting too (European Division).

When players like Joe Thornton are calling for an early retirement, you know something is wrong.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:18 PM
punchy1

I agree. Nice read, I had a peak at it when it came up before. The *only* rule that should have been (and was) changed was the *bench clearing brawl* rule. Other than that, I think that too many non hockey related officials and thier collective patsys are having much too much say with the game. It is obvious that the NHL has allowed the disneys of the world to try and make the game more of a *family* oriented game. The sad thing is that pro ice hockey is the original extreme game and that the NHL missed the marketing boat to truly promote themselves when it was time to do so.

This game isn't, never has been and never should be veiwed as anything other than an exciting violent war on ice where the players are not only part of the game but also have an unwritten code that they themselves inforced. It is a mere shadow if its former self and, if it is to survive, it needs to be reminded that it became one of the top games in the world because it was fast and dirty and not because it was great for kids.

But you yanks have a true problem (not that we don't, just not as bad) with the whole politically correct and enforced morality issues concerning your atheletes. I heard one say "when did I sign up to raise your children"? I think that hits it on the head. We are so concerned that we might offend a few of us that we forget that great countries like both of ours were founded under the concept that the majority rules. More so for the States in that you are (or were) a true democracy. Listen to me talk like I know it is like for you. Simply giving my opinion on it. Sorry about that. There is plenty of it to go around.

Old
11-19-2003, 08:39 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I agree. Nice read, I had a peak at it when it came up before. The *only* rule that should have been (and was) changed was the *bench clearing brawl* rule. Other than that, I think that too many non hockey related officials and thier collective patsys are having much too much say with the game. It is obvious that the NHL has allowed the disneys of the world to try and make the game more of a *family* oriented game. The sad thing is that pro ice hockey is the original extreme game and that the NHL missed the marketing boat to truly promote themselves when it was time to do so.

This game isn't, never has been and never should be veiwed as anything other than an exciting violent war on ice where the players are not only part of the game but also have an unwritten code that they themselves inforced. It is a mere shadow if its former self and, if it is to survive, it needs to be reminded that it became one of the top games in the world because it was fast and dirty and not because it was great for kids.

But you yanks have a true problem (not that we don't, just not as bad) with the whole politically correct and enforced morality issues concerning your atheletes. I heard one say "when did I sign up to raise your children"? I think that hits it on the head. We are so concerned that we might offend a few of us that we forget that great countries like both of ours were founded under the concept that the majority rules. More so for the States in that you are (or were) a true democracy. Listen to me talk like I know it is like for you. Simply giving my opinion on it. Sorry about that. There is plenty of it to go around.
Well said!

Closed Thread