HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens - Caps Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Throw in Ovechkin and Semin and we can talk.
Then you'll have to add Crosby...

Old
08-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
Even if Craig Patrick was blind,drunk and was completly stripped of any and all hockey knowledge, the Pens would just hang up the phone and just laugh insanely for hours on end.
Who is Craig Patrick?

Old
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
The Hrkac Circus

I see that my trade proposal is not receiving a very warm reaction from the HF posters, so I am forced to defend my logical thinking. Therefore, I will do so. In my eye, I see this as a fair trade because of my projected numbers for these players for the next season that is coming up soon:

Malkin, in my opinion, will score somewhere around 25 to 30 goals, with 30 to 35 assists, and around 40 points. He will also probably tally around 60 PIMs and 50 penalty minutes.

Kris Beech will probably put up 15 to 20 goals, 20 assists, and say 30 points. 70 PIMs and 65 penalty minutes seems about right to me.

Brashear has the ability to score 10 goals and have 10 assists. And I think 30 points sounds about good to my ears. Not to mention he will provide the toughness and fighting necessary to win games in the new NHL.

Morrissonn is just a solid D-man who can put up respectable point totals and is solid as a stone on the defensive side of the rink.

Throw in the Caps 3rd, or perhaps 2nd rounder and I think you have yourself a deal.

Old
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
PSB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrkac Circus View Post
I see that my trade proposal is not receiving a very warm reaction from the HF posters, so I am forced to defend my logical thinking. Therefore, I will do so. In my eye, I see this as a fair trade because of my projected numbers for these players for the next season that is coming up soon:

Malkin, in my opinion, will score somewhere around 25 to 30 goals, with 30 to 35 assists, and around 40 points. He will also probably tally around 60 PIMs and 50 penalty minutes.

Kris Beech will probably put up 15 to 20 goals, 20 assists, and say 30 points. 70 PIMs and 65 penalty minutes seems about right to me.

Brashear has the ability to score 10 goals and have 10 assists. And I think 30 points sounds about good to my ears. Not to mention he will provide the toughness and fighting necessary to win games in the new NHL.

Morrissonn is just a solid D-man who can put up respectable point totals and is solid as a stone on the defensive side of the rink.

Throw in the Caps 3rd, or perhaps 2nd rounder and I think you have yourself a deal.

Dude, is this seriously a joke, cause it is not funny at all. I don't know if you're just looking to get Pens fans mad or what, but it's getting real old. Someone close this thread please! Anyone that would name themselves after Tony Hrkac should not be allowed to post threads anyways.

Old
08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

I agree... lock this sillyness.

Old
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Zeus6754

Quote:

Kris Beech and other crap was traded to the Pens for Jaromir Jagr a few years ago. Why would Pitt do this again? The Pens basically gave Jagr to the Caps for nothing. That's not going to happen again.

Old
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

Not to nitpick with a true visionary such as yourself, but 25G + 30A (your low end projections) = 55 pts. not 40 pts. Too bad that the math does not work. You almost had me convinced.

Old
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:

And another thing ... what's the difference between PIMs and penalty minutes ???

This thread remindes me of a famous thread from the Capitals' board (since deleted) where the thread starter felt that Ovechkin deserved to play on either of Washington's top two lines.

Old
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
kyle3434

This has to be the worst post I've ever seen. Do you remotely understand hockey? The people you are trading to us will of course put up a few points, but for those point levels individually why wouldn't we use people in our system that will do the same if not more. And we still keep our superstar player who is going to do more than any one of those players given to us. Do you understand how assists and goals add into point totals? This is awful and even if its a joke you should never do anything that involves hockey again.

Old
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I think this thread has run it's course.