HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pednault request a trade

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Pednault request a trade

Pednault is one of the best Habs journalist and he's asking a trade in his recent article on RDS.ca

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3FB55424.html

He say Gainey have to do a trade to keep the Fans happy , that they deserve better that the actual product .

Gainey will start to have a tons of pressure on his shoulders soon and i just hope he don't do a ''panic move''

Old
11-16-2003, 10:37 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
On est dans un cul-de-sac de toute manière sibolaque.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:07 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Gainey should tell Pedneault to go *#%@ himself. Gainey runs this team, not some crappy journalist.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:17 AM
caper13

right on montreal who in the hell dose he think he is anyway i am sure bg will pull the trigger when he and only he figures its time.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Kirk Muller

I was hoping it said Perreault request a trade.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13

Yeah that would have made my day.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Mike8

Quote:
You know, I actually READ the title as having said 'Perreault requests trade'. I was so happy.

Then I read the thread.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Gainey should tell Pedneault to go *#%@ himself. Gainey runs this team, not some crappy journalist.

Wow I think this is the first time I see you swear on these boards. You must not like Pedneault a lot.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Wow I think this is the first time I see you swear on these boards. You must not like Pedneault a lot.

It's not about Pedneault, but who is he to REQUEST a trade? The media needs to be heard from less, I have long hated the media in Habland. Too many opinions, too much drama, way too much crap.

I like M. Brunet though.

Old
11-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
You know, I actually READ the title as having said 'Perreault requests trade'. I was so happy.

Then I read the thread.
Damn i read it the same way!

If Perreault finds himself back in the pressbox sometime soon, i fully expect him to request a trade. The fact that he's in the final season of his contract will likely make him that much less patient.

Hopefully some of these rumors that Edmonton is interested comes true. Personally i think Perreault (much like Dopita) would be a disaster in Edmonton...but hey if they want him...

Old
11-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Pedneault never exagerate and always give the real facts

You mean like: Quelle passe divine de Ribeiro!!!!(pass from behind the net that doesn't amount to anything)
Quelle arret de Théodore!!!!!(directly on his chest)
Brisebois est de loin le meilleur défenseur du tricolore!(just after tripping skating backwards)
Stéphane Quintal a été le meilleur défenseur du tricolore!(after scoring on his own net)
Donald Audette a joué tout un match! (0goal, 0assist, -2)
Yannic Perreault est un centre très important!
Quelle match spectaculaire de Mike Ribeiro!(o goals, 0assist, -1)

Pednault always exagerates(hes atrociously biaised towards Quebec) and he actually makes up stuff but he says it in a way that its believable. The fact that he writes for the crappiest sports journal Le journal de Montreal only confirms this.

Old
11-16-2003, 12:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
But the fact is that Pedneault is'nt a crappy journalist... He is one of the rare good ones with Mattias Brunet... Pedneault never exagerate and always give the real facts... And the facts are that the attendance decrease, the fans are totally speachless watching a such boring show... The fact is that Claude Julien does'nt have any chances to have success with a such skilless, heartless AHLers bunch of fowards...

Pedneault is asking for a trade just because that's what the fans want and it's obvious... Before he lose all the fans who pay the big price to see that ****, I suggest him to seriously hear at what Pedneault has to say!

When a GM starts listening to journalists it's not a good sign. I have confidence in Gainey. This team is just under .500, not the end of the world. I wouldn't make any moves. The only players that have value our the prospects, and that would be a step back. Ride out the season with the overpaid vets, let try and move them for late picks if possible.

Old
11-16-2003, 01:15 PM
habitants9_4

Its simple, Gainey is a GM you can trust to make the right move. That says a lot compared to many of the other GMs in the league, or from the past. (Houle, A.Savard even Serge Savard a little) Serge made some bad moves, but he was not afraid to pull off a blockbuster, and its simply what we need. I would not be surprised if we make several blockbusters over the season, cause Gainey has the guts to do so. He knows he has all the confidence from people working around him.

Gainey is currently waiting for the Habs to start playing well. Fans want the players traded when they play bad, but other GMs want them playing well. Gainey will eventually get the job done, there is no rush, its not like we'll win the cup this year. Playoffs are still a possibility.

Don't worry Pednault, we will have a totally different team going into next year. TOTALLY!

Old
11-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Bo

vCash:
You guys have to face up to it....

This is a crappy, crappy team that is hardly worth watching. Certainly not worth spending a large amount of money to watch. If Gainey doesn't do something to make the team more interesting, the fans are just going to give up. I pretty much have.

All the hoopla about the prospects is pretty much unfounded. There are no future stars in the system. A few competent NHL players perhaps, but no stars. They had a chance with Komisarek, but I think they blew it. If they had left him at Michigan for another year or two, they could have had a dominant player. Kosticyn will be mediocre at best.

Old
11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Yeah but I agree with you that I would'nt trade our kids, that's for sure... But to me Pedneault was talking about our useless veterans...

I don't think they are untradable... For exemple, a guy like Perreault makes near 3 million a year... If nobody want to pay his whole salary, then eat a part of it... Even if we eat around 1.5 millions, the kid who would take his place would be an upgrade, an improvement and it would finally cost us less money to play thie kid than Perreault!

But if Perreault is a ECHLer skill wise, what GM what take him even if we eat 1.5M (1.5M is around what it would cost to buy him out) :p

Old
11-16-2003, 01:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
This is a crappy, crappy team that is hardly worth watching. Certainly not worth spending a large amount of money to watch. If Gainey doesn't do something to make the team more interesting, the fans are just going to give up. I pretty much have.

All the hoopla about the prospects is pretty much unfounded. There are no future stars in the system. A few competent NHL players perhaps, but no stars. They had a chance with Komisarek, but I think they blew it. If they had left him at Michigan for another year or two, they could have had a dominant player. Kosticyn will be mediocre at best.

I wish you would give up, your crap is getting old.

Old
11-16-2003, 01:47 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo

Bo don't know $hit... time for Bo to go to the leafs board!

Old
11-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I wish you would give up, your crap is getting old.
Anyone else a little surprised he hasn't been banned yet?

Old
11-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Anyone else a little surprised he hasn't been banned yet?
Who? Banned for what? If you have a problem with what certain posters are saying, PM a moderator from this board with specific links to the posts you take issue with and we can look into it.

Old
11-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Pedneault is asking for a trade just because that's what the fans want and it's obvious... Before he lose all the fans who pay the big price to see that ****, I suggest him to seriously hear at what Pedneault has to say!
A GM is supposed to make trades to try and improve the team, not because the fans want one.

Should Gainey make a deal even if a good one is not available?

Somehow I can't see Bob Gainey panicking in his office, phoning everyone in the league to deal, muttering to himself "I gotta make a trade, any trade, the fans AND Yvon Pedneault want me to...."

Old
11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
goalchenyuk

montreal is montreal ...The Hockey town...

if a reporter can't say that the fans want more from the canadians , so that Gainey needs to do something to get offensive help , without starting a sparked off fierce debate....

may be , for his next report , Pedneault should give a poutine recipe...

Old
11-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Bo

vCash:
So are you geniuses going to "ban" Yvon Pedneault for saying the same thing as I have for the past month?

What do you need, Jean Beliveau to come out and say it before you accept the obvious?

Old
11-16-2003, 08:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
So are you geniuses going to "ban" Yvon Pedneault for saying the same thing as I have for the past month?

What do you need, Jean Beliveau to come out and say it before you accept the obvious?

I would Ban Pedneault, but not Beliveau, no way.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
1.5 million/1 year is'nt a big risk... A team like Atlanta could be interested considering theor situation... If we buy out him it's 2/3 of his salary I think, I little more than the half but Gainey will never do that anyway... Perreault is Québécois....

1.5M is what it would take to buy out Perreault. It's 2/3'rds of his 2.8M contract minus what he's been paid so far = around 1.5M give or take. But it was more of a joke at you saying all the time about Perreault and the ECHL. Perreault won't be bought out, traded hopefully, but not bought out.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:51 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

Then I read the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Damn i read it the same way!
It appears I wasn't the only one who was temporarily afflicted with dyslexia.

Sigh. Wishful thinking guys.

Closed Thread