HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Prettiest Goal ever Scored

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
  #51
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,597
vCash: 500
two bourque humiliations - the aforementioned mario goal in 92/93? playoffs when he intercepts a pass on the pk, races down the rink pulling the puck through bourques legs (as bourque sprints towards his own goalie) finishing top shelf. the look on bourques face as he looks down to see the puck between his feet-then over to mario as he blows by is classic.
it may have been the following year when the bruins were eliminated by the sabres on an overtime goal. lafontaine makes a diving play at his blue line to knock the puck down the right wing side - brad may catches it at a dead sprint heading right at bourque. fakes outside then pulls back to the middle through rays legs with one hand on the backhand. bourque leans forward and may kinda jumps over him to walk in on net, jukes and scores to win the series. the announcer screamimg "MAY DAY!!....MAY DAY!!..." as may high-steps fist-pumping avoids all his teamates all the way down to hasek-whom he tackles. i dont care if may has cement for hands, that one goal was worth fifty, and that moment was one all hockey players dream about.


Last edited by bleedgreen: 01-02-2004 at 05:29 PM.
bleedgreen is offline  
Old
01-13-2004, 02:22 AM
  #52
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Probably most of you saw this goal but nevertheless. It is Kovalchuk's winning goal from the WC 2003, Russia - USA game.

http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/Kovalchuk.avi

Datsyuk goal from the same championship vs Switzerland.
Counter-attack of the Russian team on Swiss powerplay, Datsyuk takes the puck in the middle zone at the right wing; first defenseman moves back and tries to control Datsyuk and his pass, another defenseman runs to cover another Russian player to prevent 2 on 1 situation (and he succeeds), all four enter the Swiss zone and Datsyuk shoots [intentionally] into the goalie, then very fast takes and shoots the ricocheted puck into top left corner of the net and skating away while the goalie and 3 another Swiss players standing fooled.

The video is shorter than I described, it doesn't have the beginning of attack, I have a full version but quality is very poor.

http://alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/datsyuk.avi


Last edited by Slay: 01-13-2004 at 03:19 AM.
Slay is online now  
Old
01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
  #53
KariyaIsGod*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Does anybody have the Denis Savard goal so we can see it?

KariyaIsGod* is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 03:44 PM
  #54
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariyaIsGod
Does anybody have the Denis Savard goal so we can see it?
I don't have a clip, but I know it's in Don Cherry's 1st "rock 'em sock 'em" video.

As far as prettiest goal ever... I'd guess about 50 or so of Mario's goals in the 80s could arguably be considered in the top 10 prettiest goals ever. That guy was a visual feast in his prime, most talented player ever IMO... every single game he played back then he'd make like 4 or 5 highlight-reel plays.

One that really stands out to me was one he scored in Quebec in I think 1987-88 where he dragged Marc Fortier on his shoulders from one end of the ice to the other.

Apart from Lemieux, I think one of the most amazing goals ever scored was Bobby Orr against Atlanta when he started from behind his own net and skated all the way to the other zone, went around the net and scored.

electric is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 04:05 PM
  #55
Fayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
Fayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
That was Colin Hemingway, a Blues prospect. I've been looking for a tape of that goal forever and haven't been able to find it.
It's the second link

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=26872

Fayne Gretzky is online now  
Old
01-16-2004, 04:14 PM
  #56
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen Jari Kurri's goal against the Rangers in the 80s? I think it's in a Gretzky highlight video from the 90s or something.

Kurri had the puck and was skating from the blue line to the other team's goal, while Gretzky was standing on one of the circles without moving. Kurri passed the puck to Gretzky, who one-timed the puck back to Kurri, who one-timed it back to Gretzky, who one-timed it back to Kurri who scored. What's amazing is that it was it was bang-bang-bang and Kurri was skating towards the net the entire time!

electric is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 05:11 PM
  #57
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Ok, here's a video of the Denis Savard goal:

http://www.geocities.com/lezzo.geo/savardoilers.avi

electric is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 05:27 PM
  #58
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
yzerman's goal on jon casey was the best shot ive ever seen at one of the best timings

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 10:33 PM
  #59
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
http://www.streaming.telia.com/start...hc_mif_high.rm

That's one of the greatest goals I've ever seen!

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 04:35 AM
  #60
GB
Registered User
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Try this line:
http://nhlstars.kulichki.net/video/50bestgoals.html

It's in Russian but if anyone needs any help telling who's who drop me a PM and I'll tell you (my girlfriend speaks some Russian). In particular no. 50 by Mike Bossy is amazing, a backhand whilst in mid-air.

GB is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 09:17 AM
  #61
KillToronto
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Editor
Try this line:
http://nhlstars.kulichki.net/video/50bestgoals.html

It's in Russian but if anyone needs any help telling who's who drop me a PM and I'll tell you (my girlfriend speaks some Russian). In particular no. 50 by Mike Bossy is amazing, a backhand whilst in mid-air.
AWESOME link, thanks so much man.

 
Old
01-17-2004, 09:47 AM
  #62
GB
Registered User
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
AWESOME link, thanks so much man.
Actually I can't take credit for it. I was searching through old posts here and found the link posted by O-T-P in a thread no-one had replied to and I'd missed first time around, so I thought I'd share it.

GB is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:00 PM
  #63
Doomsday Device
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Editor
Try this line:
http://nhlstars.kulichki.net/video/50bestgoals.html

It's in Russian but if anyone needs any help telling who's who drop me a PM and I'll tell you (my girlfriend speaks some Russian). In particular no. 50 by Mike Bossy is amazing, a backhand whilst in mid-air.
What a great link! I watched all the goals so I translated the names of the players. I bolded what I thought were the nicest goals.

50 mike bossy
49 wayne gretzky mainly because i liked sather's reaction to the goal
48 darryl sittler
47 stephane richer
46 bob pulford
45 mike krushelnyski
44 jari kurri
43 dick duff
42 dave ellett
41 bob bourne
40 jean beliveau
39 elmer lach
38 joel otto
37 paul coffey
36 cliff ronning
35 wayne gretzky
34 claude lemieux
33 glenn anderson
32 jaromir jagr
31 jim roberts
30 alex delvecchio
29 doug wickenheiser
28 bobby schmautz
27 henri richard
26 glenn anderson
25 peter stastny
24 esa tikkanen
23 larry robinson
22 rene robert
21 brian skrudland
20 andre dupont
19 lanny mcdonald
18 george armstrong
17 petr klima
16 theoren fleury
15 henri richard
14 perry berezan
13 wayne gretzky
12 ken morrow
11 maurice richard
10 lanny mcdonald
9 pat lafontaine
8 mario lemieux
7 mark messier
6 daryl evans
5 guy lafleur
4 mario lemieux
3 bobby baun
2 bob nystrom
1 bobby orr

Doomsday Device is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 05:47 PM
  #64
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Prettiest goal ever was Doug Weight vs. Calgary in about 1998. Split the d and went shelf after coming towards the net almost backwards.

Walsher is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 07:30 PM
  #65
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
I can think off the top of my head of about a dozen goals Lemieux scored that are prettier than at least half of those on site...

And why is that Bobby Orr goal number 1? I know it was the cup winner and all, but isn't it supposed to be a list of prettiest goals? Orr scored goals 100 times better than that and they're not even on the list

electric is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 08:20 PM
  #66
Doomsday Device
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
I can think off the top of my head of about a dozen goals Lemieux scored that are prettier than at least half of those on site...

And why is that Bobby Orr goal number 1? I know it was the cup winner and all, but isn't it supposed to be a list of prettiest goals? Orr scored goals 100 times better than that and they're not even on the list
It's top 50 playoff goals, so I think importance played a part in making the list.

Doomsday Device is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 08:22 PM
  #67
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Device
It's top 50 playoff goals, so I think importance played a part in making the list.
Playoff... ahh... I didn't know that. I thought they meant like top 50 goals in general

(hey bear with my I don't speak Russian )

electric is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 10:43 PM
  #68
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
Playoff... ahh... I didn't know that. I thought they meant like top 50 goals in general

(hey bear with my I don't speak Russian )
It says: 50 best play-offs goals of NHL of 60s-80s.

There is a tape that was released in Canada after the end of 1991-92 season, it was called "50 Best play-off goals NHL" and those goals are from that tape.


Last edited by Slay: 01-19-2004 at 02:05 AM.
Slay is online now  
Old
01-22-2004, 02:43 AM
  #69
Kugel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
Lemieux getting hit by 2 North Stars in the 91 Cup final and deking Jon Casey in mid air, then sliding it into the goal.

Lemieux from Naslund. The inbetween the legs goal.

Lemieux in the 92 Conference Finals when he undressed Ray Bourque the whole way down the ice and beat Moog glove side. Sweet play in general.

Hmmmm, how else has Mario scored that is unbelievable?

I give mad props to Chris Drury when he deked Colin White and went in alone on Brodeur and made beating him look easy in the 01 Cup finals. Game 4 I think it was.

Jagr in the 92 Cup finals when he beat 4 Blackhawks. That was pretty sweet too.

McCarty's goal in the 97 Cup Finals was pretty nice.
All THose mario goals plus his first ever goal scored in the NHL....he scored on a breakaway and deked out the goalie on his 1st shot, 1st shift. whatta player.

Also what about Doug weights goal a few years ago when he turned backwards....

Kugel is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 03:04 AM
  #70
jacketracket*
 
jacketracket*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ... double cream."
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Not for nothing, but Manny Malhotra's goal tonight here in Columbus, against the Blues, was pretty sweet!

Check ESPN's highlights---it's getting some air time.

jacketracket* is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 03:44 AM
  #71
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Device
37 paul coffey
Awesome pass by Gretzky, just awesome.

clefty is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 05:11 AM
  #72
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Alexander Steen....

http://www.streaming.telia.com/start...hc_mif_high.rm

It's scored at around 1:15 of the clip... you must have RealOne to check it out.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 02:22 AM
  #73
stumpyfan32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa, ONT
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Device
What a great link! I watched all the goals so I translated the names of the players. I bolded what I thought were the nicest goals.

50 mike bossy
49 wayne gretzky mainly because i liked sather's reaction to the goal
48 darryl sittler
47 stephane richer
46 bob pulford
45 mike krushelnyski
44 jari kurri
43 dick duff
42 dave ellett
41 bob bourne
40 jean beliveau
39 elmer lach
38 joel otto
37 paul coffey
36 cliff ronning
35 wayne gretzky
34 claude lemieux
33 glenn anderson
32 jaromir jagr
31 jim roberts
30 alex delvecchio
29 doug wickenheiser
28 bobby schmautz
27 henri richard
26 glenn anderson
25 peter stastny
24 esa tikkanen
23 larry robinson
22 rene robert
21 brian skrudland
20 andre dupont
19 lanny mcdonald
18 george armstrong
17 petr klima
16 theoren fleury
15 henri richard
14 perry berezan
13 wayne gretzky
12 ken morrow
11 maurice richard
10 lanny mcdonald
9 pat lafontaine
8 mario lemieux
7 mark messier
6 daryl evans
5 guy lafleur
4 mario lemieux
3 bobby baun
2 bob nystrom
1 bobby orr
In #26 after Sweeney is burned by Anderson, watch his reaction...priceless

I think Steve Smith laying on the ice after putting it in off of Fuhrs leg has is beat though

stumpyfan32 is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 06:45 AM
  #74
Petey21
Registered User
 
Petey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
My personal favorite is Forsberg's goal on Hirsch in the '94 Olympics. It's actually a clone of Kent Nilsson's goal on Vanbiesbrouck in the '89 World Championships in Sweden, although the latter was on a breakaway during regulation time, so Forsberg was under alot more pressure when he did his version of it.

And just some week or two ago Peter Schaeffer scored a cool goal against Dallas, he flipped the puck over the goalie and steered it into the net when the puck was in the air, that was one sweet goal.

Petey21 is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM
  #75
syinura
Registered User
 
syinura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21
My personal favorite is Forsberg's goal on Hirsch in the '94 Olympics. It's actually a clone of Kent Nilsson's goal on Vanbiesbrouck in the '89 World Championships in Sweden, although the latter was on a breakaway during regulation time, so Forsberg was under alot more pressure when he did his version of it.

And just some week or two ago Peter Schaeffer scored a cool goal against Dallas, he flipped the puck over the goalie and steered it into the net when the puck was in the air, that was one sweet goal.
have you got a video clip of the forsberg goal?

syinura is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.