HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantasy Hockey all three leagues

Old
08-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
Fantasy Hockey all three leagues

Is the idea that all three leagues are competitive so that we can have a champions league next year? If so, are the GMs of all three leagues coordinating with each other on this? 2forsbergaura1, Jayman82, and nyrmessier011 all need to get together and decide on a common rules format and make sure that there are no duplicate players in their leagues.

I'm currently signed up for both leagues 2 and 3, but I'll gladly drop one if we're gonna be competitive. What's the deal?

Onion Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599 View Post
Is the idea that all three leagues are competitive so that we can have a champions league next year? If so, are the GMs of all three leagues coordinating with each other on this? 2forsbergaura1, Jayman82, and nyrmessier011 all need to get together and decide on a common rules format and make sure that there are no duplicate players in their leagues.

I'm currently signed up for both leagues 2 and 3, but I'll gladly drop one if we're gonna be competitive. What's the deal?

I think the main thing should be that no GM is in 2 or more leagues. As far as rules, I dont think we should all have the same rules, that should not be necessary. The bottom line is, no matter what league you are in, every GM in YOUR league follows the same rules in that league, so if you end up in the top 4, you did something right and that should be enough I think.

I do think it would help if all 3 leagues have the same number of teams, or close to it. My league already has 16 gms on yahoo, so we can't go below that. I think we should all go with 16 teams...

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Onion Boy

I think they should all have the same rules format to make it all more official. Also, all GMs should have their HF username as their team name.

Old
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I think the main thing should be that no GM is in 2 or more leagues. As far as rules, I dont think we should all have the same rules, that should not be necessary. The bottom line is, no matter what league you are in, every GM in YOUR league follows the same rules in that league, so if you end up in the top 4, you did something right and that should be enough I think.

I do think it would help if all 3 leagues have the same number of teams, or close to it. My league already has 16 gms on yahoo, so we can't go below that. I think we should all go with 16 teams...
I Agree Completely! I feel all leagues should be unique...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
TheZherdev

i think it should work like this.

-16 teams per league (you can only join 1 league).
-settings should be the same
-now heres where it gets interesting
the top 4 in the standings at the end should move on
HOWEVER, if one of the 5 or 6 seeds win the playoffs he takes the spot from the 4th seed. so only the top 3 are garunteed at the end of the regular season and gives a reward for the playoffs.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
i think it should work like this.

-16 teams per league (you can only join 1 league).
-settings should be the same
-now heres where it gets interesting
the top 4 in the standings at the end should move on
HOWEVER, if one of the 5 or 6 seeds win the playoffs he takes the spot from the 4th seed. so only the top 3 are garunteed at the end of the regular season and gives a reward for the playoffs.
Sorry,but I am trying to make my league be unique...if we all just go with the same settings its a bit boring to be honest. If my league in some way was less competitive than the other 2, I could understand that being an issue. But my league is ultra competitive with move and trade restrictions and deep rosters...so it's not like my top 4 teams will have got there for no good reason...

The suggestion about letting a 5th or 6th seed in if they beat the 4th seed in the playoffs sounds good to me! and I agree that we should all have 16 teams...

Old
08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
UAGoalieGuy

League 2 has 15 teams..waiting for one more...The playoffs determining the 4th seed sounds good to me too

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 12:37 PM
JayMan82

It's kinda like the AL and NL...

Old
08-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
It's kinda like the AL and NL...
exactly! A few different rules never killed anyone...all 3 leagues will still have gms dealing with the same rules for their own leagues...

Old
08-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Rangers1994

Quote:

I am currently signed-up for two leagues #1 and #3. Was a determination made on no GM should be in 2 or more leagues? I can drop-out of the 3rd, but was not sure what the deal was.

Rangers1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1994 View Post
I am currently signed-up for two leagues #1 and #3. Was a determination made on no GM should be in 2 or more leagues? I can drop-out of the 3rd, but was not sure what the deal was.
I don't think any of us can force you to drop out...that's your decision. But I think most folks here would like that "one league per person" idea...just for fairness sake.

Old
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Luke2484

Quote:
since the top 4 of each league move on to a winners league next season i would think you should only be apart of one league...that way it is fair.

Luke2484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Is there any room in league 2 or 3? I do not like how league 1 is being run and would like to join either 2 or 3 and drop league 1.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 02:56 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I think the idea that we take the top 4 from each to next years winners league is a great idea.

Not so convinced that the leagues have to have the same settings. I would like to do a league other than a head to head. I feel like that doesn't work well with any other sport besides football, but I will change if the other two commissioners think it's a good idea.

I think regardless of the point systems or settings we can take 3 or 4 from each league and bring them to next years.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 02:58 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
Is there any room in league 2 or 3? I do not like how league 1 is being run and would like to join either 2 or 3 and drop league 1.
if we are doing top 4 advance in a 16 team league, then I will have room for four more members...

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Nich

let me know if someone drops out of one league, i will take their spot

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
I think they should all have the same rules format to make it all more official.
Agreed and everyone should vote on them. A rule considered "challenging" to one may be "impractical" to another. Max moves set too low, for example, takes the fun out of managing a team imo.

Also we need to decide how to integrate next year. People currently in league 3 are there because they signed up late not because they're the "worst."

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
Agreed and everyone should vote on them. A rule considered "challenging" to one may be "impractical" to another. Max moves set too low, for example, takes the fun out of managing a team imo.

Also we need to decide how to integrate next year. People currently in league 3 are there because they signed up late not because they're the "worst."
I dont think that anyone said that those in league 3 are the worst...they are not. All 3 leagues are equal in my mind.

As far as having the same rules, I just think that would take the fun out of it. Every gm has their own idea of what kind of league they want to be in...I'd like to think that with 3 different leagues having different rules, it gives each gm a choice of what kind of league they prefer. Some prefer a league no minimum for moves, others like some restrictions, so this way they have a choice.

Old
08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
JayMan82

I have one spot left.... The first person to Email me @ Jayclco30@hotmail.com gets it....

Old
08-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Onion Boy

I think all leagues should have some form of roster move restriction. One my biggest pet peeves was that guy I finished 2nd to last year made 46 moves while I had only made 9. He won the final by making waiver moves so that he could get a maximum number of games played whereas I stuck with my guns. Making moves just to get max games takes no GM skills whatsoever. All three league managers should make moves to close these kinds of loopholes.

Old
08-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
I think all leagues should have some form of roster move restriction. One my biggest pet peeves was that guy I finished 2nd to last year made 46 moves while I had only made 9. He won the final by making waiver moves so that he could get a maximum number of games played whereas I stuck with my guns. Making moves just to get max games takes no GM skills whatsoever. All three league managers should make moves to close these kinds of loopholes.
I completely agree with that...yet I wont hold other leagues to make move restrictions, just my league will have that

Old
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Rangers1994

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think any of us can force you to drop out...that's your decision. But I think most folks here would like that "one league per person" idea...just for fairness sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2484 View Post
since the top 4 of each league move on to a winners league next season i would think you should only be apart of one league...that way it is fair.
I am going to drop out of league # 3. The draft is tomorrow night, but I will not drop out unless someone can jump in and take my spot. Anyone interested please let me know asap since the draft is tomorrow at 9:00.

Rangers1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 01:49 AM
JayMan82

Quote:

Thats a Rotis. league though... I know my league is Head 2 Head... Correct me if i'm wrong...

Old
08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
I am going to drop out of league # 3. The draft is tomorrow night, but I will not drop out unless someone can jump in and take my spot. Anyone interested please let me know asap since the draft is tomorrow at 9:00.

Rangers that is rather noble of you! Thanks!

Someone must be interested in joining league #3? Help us out guys...we want all 3 leagues to be full...

I know NYRfan2 wanted out of my league...

Last edited by Evgeny Oliker: 08-31-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old
08-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Evgeny Oliker

oh, not to cause any confusion, but I would love to have the same rules in all 3 leagues IF the rules are deeper rosters and restrictions on trades/transactions of some kind and all 3 leagues are H2H.

Right now, league 3 is points based...so I am not about to switch my league to a points based system.