HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seriesof trades...

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
ouch, even Mowzie's laughing at you.

Theres no such thing as a fair deal on HF, we are all homers, I learned that the hard way, and so are you.

Old
11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Hannan would be an excellent, dare i go as far as saying perfect acquisition for the Oilers. Jamie need not be his relative or friend to watch other teams and take interest in them and know that Hannan is one of the most if not the most under-rated player in the league.

I'm not exaggerating either, i've seen about 120-140 SJ games over the last 2-3 years. Hannan as LMHF says... "he's the goods" whatever that means. This kid is legit and criticism about him reeks of one of a couple of things.

1) *you* grew up with comrie or are a family friend or just can't tell when its time to cash in your cards.
2) You've never seen Hannan play unless it was against the Oilers.
3) You severly underate the need for the defensive presence and stability that a kid like Hannan will bring.
4) You have something against players from BC....

If the Oilers could somehow dupe? Wilson into going after comrie and giving up more than Hannan then Lowe should be fortunate enough to get the respect he deserves.

One thing in our favor is ron wilson loves to play an exciting offensive style of hockey, even though they ma ynot be playing it now do to a lack of offensive guns. Only time will tell whether Doug Wilson who is in charge of trades will go along with Ron's style of hockey.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:16 PM
CanmoreMike

Suffice to say Jamie I am coming in on the indifferent side.

Hannan may be one of those intangible players that championship teams need. But the rub on those guys is that they are usually worth more than their trade value. He may be a solid contributor who is going to make guys look good around him, play a selfless game and make the necessary plays that champions need from their role players. When trading them though it seems that many teams have enough guys in their system that they don't want to move an ace in the whole (in this case Comrie) for a role player. Can't Lynch fill it? Will Semenov come around? Seems a little drastic to make this move right now.

Keep in mind though that the Oilers just signed Oates and maybe this solidifies the offence and things click and guys get healthy and when Lowe makes his pitch to trade Comrie he can ask for a guy like Hannan who will help with a Cup run. That means a trade is at least a month away. Something to consider.

Old
11-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
hey Jamie, I think your trade ideas are at least Waaaay better than mowzie.

1) Comrie for Hannan. Interesting. It sounds like both Oiler and Sharks posters don't like this deal. Perhaps it IS equal value then... LOL. I have not watched Hannan enough, but it sounds intriguing.

2) Ferguson for 4th. nah. Keep Fergie around. He's a solid 7th d. I don't think anyone would be willing to trade a 4th pick for Fergie. Maybe a sixth.. Maybe.

3) Nironen deal - I"d rather not deal away Salmolainen. Strange as it may sound, I'm still content with Salo and Conklin duo. Although, seeing as Kiprusoff was picked up for 2nd pick, I wonder if Chimera alone would do it. (or maybe throw in a 4th round pick or something).

4) Salo for Stephens. can't tell you since I don't recall Stephens. How about trading Salo for 2nd round pick and flipping that pick to NJ for below?

5) Laraques + Horcoff for Stefan. Not bad. But I"m not sure what Stefan's role on the Oilers would be. Is he capable of being a #1 center here? I doubt it. We already have #2, and #3 centres. Maybe we can somehow pick up Gomez instead? How about upgrading the Laraques + Horcoff with a 2nd round pick (for Salo) for Gomez + 4th?
#2 Ya, I do like Ferguson as a #7 dman, but if we get Hannan without giving up a dman, we'd have Hannan, Brewer, Staios, Smith, Cross, Bergeron and Semenov. 7 guys I'd rather have over Ferguson. I believe somebody would pick up Ferguson if we sent him to the farm(pretty sure he'd have to clear waivers), so may as well get something for him rather than keeping 8 defensman up on the pro team or losing him for nothing.
#3 IMO Chimera would not pick up Noronen, comparing Noronen and Kiprusoff isn't a fair comparison, and yes, I'd like to keep Salmalainen to, but you got to give to get.
#4 Stephens is worth more than a 2nd rounder, I actually doubt we'd get him for Salo, but it's close (hopefully anyways, Salo may have less value than a guy like Kiprusoff at this point)
#5 I'd prefer this deal as well, but I can't see NJ going for it as they have good depth allready and wouldn't want a 2 for 1 deal I wouldn't think. Interesting idea though

Old
11-17-2003, 02:36 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
#2 Ya, I do like Ferguson as a #7 dman, but if we get Hannan without giving up a dman, we'd have Hannan, Brewer, Staios, Smith, Cross, Bergeron and Semenov. 7 guys I'd rather have over Ferguson. I believe somebody would pick up Ferguson if we sent him to the farm(pretty sure he'd have to clear waivers), so may as well get something for him rather than keeping 8 defensman up on the pro team or losing him for nothing.
#3 IMO Chimera would not pick up Noronen, comparing Noronen and Kiprusoff isn't a fair comparison, and yes, I'd like to keep Salmalainen to, but you got to give to get.
#4 Stephens is worth more than a 2nd rounder, I actually doubt we'd get him for Salo, but it's close (hopefully anyways, Salo may have less value than a guy like Kiprusoff at this point)
#5 I'd prefer this deal as well, but I can't see NJ going for it as they have good depth allready and wouldn't want a 2 for 1 deal I wouldn't think. Interesting idea though
We have other assets no need to give up Salmelainen. As a result of recent news no need for Stefan either that changes the trade environment so much. I kinda just want a really good d prospect like Orpik,Coburn, Phaneuff, etc. too bad no one seems to be willing to give us one for Comrie .

Closed Thread