HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN Summer Report on the Rangers

Old
08-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I think ESPN execs would say, "You can get highlights anywhere". The in depth storylines are really the product.
I see your point, and I agree that in depth story lines deserve their own place in sports media. But aren't they covered enough with shows like PTI, Around the Horn, Rome is Burning, Outside the lines, the sports reporters...etc.? I just meant that sportscenter is noticably different than it was a few years ago, back when Kenny Mayne and Dan Patrick were doing the show all the time, even going back to the Keith Olberman days. The only time sportscenter is any good now is monday mornings during NFL season with chris berman. I wonder if there was any change in management/editorial staff that occured at ESPN? I just like sportscenter to be more about the actual games than all the other stuff.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Because every damn article on ESPN is slowly becoming an Insider Based Only. Kinda sad actually bc the only thing i would ever check on that site was John Buccigross's Articles, which were fun to read. No can do now.
oh no! i'm gonna email that cat and express my disappointment. yeah, his stuff was fun to read.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
I've been saying the same thing for two years. They suck
It's true, It sad that the subject matter gets back seat to the $. In Mtv's case I sure they started realizing that the had a gauranteed audience if they put shows on in the same time slot every week. The Real World, and Beavis and Butthead started it, even though I think remote control was the first show. Gradually we ended up with the garbage they are now. Espn is just following suit, and the money. I ask ya what's the point of having a speciality channel?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 04:54 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
Personally, I think for the last few years all things ESPN have truly sucked. A few examples:

No more NHL2night
No more NHL, period
The already mentioned ESPN "Insider"
Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens, need I say more?
The sportscenter commercials are not quite what they used to be.
Sportscenter itself is not quite what it used to be. It used to be my favorite thing on television, but not anymore. The anchors are dull and boring. They show about 5 minutes of highlights during an hour and a half show. The rest of the time they just harp on overhyped storylines such as what did T.O. do at training camp? etc. Its one thing to report on a story, its another thing to devote 90% of your programming to it. For me, I think sportscenter should be about 80% "highlights" and 20% "storylines" right now its definitely the other way around. Anyone else with me on this??

(sorry for the rant)
Yes. I'm with you. But you forgot to add the mindless hours of Poker, Dominoes, Cheerleading, and Paint Ball. C'mon. If the NFL ain't on, I'm not tuned in. Oh yeah, and they even dropped the Schwab.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 05:12 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Hey Tomas Sandstrom 28, Are you a big Alkaline Trio fan? Your avatar. . .

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote