HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Official - J.P. Dumont to Nashville!!

Old
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
Seriously. Dumont was solid during the season and a great help in the playoffs. Dont turn on him just because he isnt a Sabre anymore.
Yeah a great help to Carolina maybe...Dumont's lazy penalty in OT during game 5 cost us the game,maybe if you guys watched the games instead of looking at stats you would understand that he was expendable...he was our 10th leading scorer last year and NOT needed.

He couldn't play 2 way hockey like Derek Roy,Jochen Hecht,Jason Pominville,Tim Connolly or Chris Drury,he doesn't have a booming shot to control the PP like Al Kotalik, he can't stretch the opposing team's D like Afinogenov or Vanek, and he isn't an offensive dynamo like Briere, he's a dime a dozen forward on the Sabres and players like Drew Stafford, Danny Paille and Jiri Novotny need playing time.He can't play well in his own end, and in some cases it's fine with our own players because they create their chances, Dumont doesn't.

I've been saying it all season that Dumont is expendable, only reason I would want to keep him is to maintain our insane depth and because he's a great community guy, but playing wise he frustrated me almost as much as Pyatt.

TVanek26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48 View Post
Yeah a great help to Carolina maybe...Dumont's lazy penalty in OT during game 5 cost us the game,maybe if you guys watched the games instead of looking at stats you would understand that he was expendable...he was our 10th leading scorer last year and NOT needed.

He couldn't play 2 way hockey like Derek Roy,Jochen Hecht,Jason Pominville,Tim Connolly or Chris Drury,he doesn't have a booming shot to control the PP like Al Kotalik, he can't stretch the opposing team's D like Afinogenov or Vanek, and he isn't an offensive dynamo like Briere, he's a dime a dozen forward on the Sabres and players like Drew Stafford, Danny Paille and Jiri Novotny need playing time.He can't play well in his own end, and in some cases it's fine with our own players because they create their chances, Dumont doesn't.

I've been saying it all season that Dumont is expendable, only reason I would want to keep him is to maintain our insane depth and because he's a great community guy, but playing wise he frustrated me almost as much as Pyatt.

The sour grapes comment is becoming increasingly clear with you.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
MotownMadman

Good signing for the preds. Dumont must like the direction that Nashville is heading for taking less than the arbitration amount.

MotownMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Hope Preds don't expect more then 20 goals,20 assists...decent forward but too inconsistent to be relied on.
Nothing more petty than bashing players that did not return to your team. You know better than that

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666 View Post
Nothing more petty than bashing players that did not return to your team. You know better than that
I knew he wouldn't be back when the team walked away from his ridiculous arbitration ruling...but yeah, I should really be upset that our 10th leading scorer who can't play defense won't be back

Old
08-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman View Post
Good signing for the preds. Dumont must like the direction that Nashville is heading for taking less than the arbitration amount.
I would be very surprised if any team offered him full value on his arbitration award.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
PredDave

Was it ever made public which 3 or 4 teams were after Dumont? I read that Detroit was interested and of course Nashville (I assume) was another team since they signed him.

Just curious.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I knew he wouldn't be backed when the team walked away from his ridiculous arbitration ruling...but yeah, I should really be upset that our 10th leading scorer who can't play defense won't be back
One would think ff you were truly indifferent you would've stayed clear from this thread instead of trolling here and badmouthing JP every chance you get.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I knew he wouldn't be back when the team walked away from his ridiculous arbitration ruling...but yeah, I should really be upset that our 10th leading scorer who can't play defense won't be back
lol, you're right he sucked.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
sour grapes.
No doubt.

Anyways.. Nashville just got that much better. If they can lock up hamhuis to a decent contract soon, this team is just downright scary. The brass in nashville has done a great job putting together a contender.

Nashville fans - Any projected lines now that you have Dumont.. If you had to guess whod he play the most with? Will he get pp/pk time?

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Ranch Tooth

Solid Lines

This is a pretty good team that should challenge if not beat Detroit in the Central

Kariya Arnott Hartnell
Dumont Legwand Sullivan
Erat Vasicek Radulov
Upshall Smithson Tootoo

Timonen Weber
Hamhuis Zidlicky
Suter Henry

Vokoun
Mason

Ranch Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
One would think ff you were truly indifferent you would've stayed clear from this thread instead of trolling here and badmouthing JP every chance you get.
When did I bad mouth him?I said he was a 20 goal, 20 assist player (WHICH HE IS,His career high in goals is 23 and he's had over 50 points TWICE) and that he was inconsistent (WHICH HE IS,WATCHING HIM THE PAST 5 SEASONS HAVE SHOWED ME THAT) and then people who have seen him play maybe 5 or 6 times over those past 5 years (Most of the people in this thread) start proclaiming him to be some sort of super star, even though he's proved to be nothing more then a 20 goal scorer.

But yeah, I really bad mouthed him calling him a 20 goal scorer ( )

Old
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
...but yeah, I should really be upset that our 10th leading scorer who can't play defense won't be back
No, maybe your not upset that a asset walked away with nothing in return but what you should be upset with is that it has become clear as day that Buffalo will not do what it takes to keep a good young team together and there are numerous reports that shows that the Sabre players themselves know it so that doesn't look good for a year where your 2 best players are UFA's at years end and one of them will walk away for nothing just like Grier-Mckee-Dumont have this year.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Please don't kid yourself,mad at a team that didn't even sell out all their playoff games for signing away one of our lesser forwards?
You should probably look up what "sour grapes" means before claiming that you don't exhibit those properties.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:51 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No
You should probably look up what "sour grapes" means before claiming that you don't exhibit those properties.
I know exactly what it means and your trying to think I'm upset that Dumont is gone, when he was one of my least favorite players along with Pyatt and Fitzpatrick (And all 3 are now gone )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
No, maybe your not upset that a asset walked away with nothing in return but what you should be upset with is that it has become clear as day that Buffalo will not do what it takes to keep a good young team together and there are numerous reports that shows that the Sabre players themselves know it so that doesn't look good for a year where your 2 best players are UFA's at years end and one of them will walk away for nothing just like Grier-Mckee-Dumont have this year.

Afinogenov,Connolly,Kotalik,Tallinder,Lydman,Pomin ville,Spacek,Campbell,Hecht and Gaustad all have multi year deals...Sabres are near the cap yet they're not committed?Whatever, I'm done with this thread, just come back to me at the end of the season and see how many goals Dumont has.(Around 20)

Old
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:

Briere is far from a "offensive dynamo"

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I know exactly what it means and your trying to think I'm upset that Dumont is gone, when he was one of my least favorite players along with Pyatt and Fitzpatrick (And all 3 are now gone )
Uh huh.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfloorpunch716x View Post
Are you kidding? This guy says that neither Sullivan or Kariya can hold a candle to Briere.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think around 20 goals would be just fine with Predator management....especially considering he will be apart of one of three scoring lines....

08-29-2006, 12:04 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondhockey View Post
This is a pretty good team that should challenge if not beat Detroit in the Central

Kariya Arnott Hartnell
Dumont Legwand Sullivan
Erat Vasicek Radulov
Upshall Smithson Tootoo

Timonen Weber
Hamhuis Zidlicky
Suter Henry

Vokoun
Mason
Upshall on the 4th line? I thought he had tons of potential? Is he a bust?..Well maybe bust is a bad word, but not living up to his potential?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
matthew94

Send a message via AIM to matthew94
Dumont is a nice player. I think he'll score about 25 goals & 30 assists. He kinda had a bad attitude this summer I thought. Him and Briere, I bet, spent too much time talking money. But the price the Preds got him for is fairly close to the right amount. He's a 2 million dollar player.

matthew94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfloorpunch716x View Post
Pardon me?

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Are you kidding? This guy says that neither Sullivan or Kariya can hold a candle to Briere.

Sullivan maybe, Kariya no.

Old
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Pardon me?

Old
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Upshall on the 4th line? I thought he had tons of potential? Is he a bust?..Well maybe bust is a bad word, but not living up to his potential?
I don't think Upshall is a bust. He had a tremendous year last year in the AHL and was one of our better forwards last year when he finally managed to stick on the NHL team. Its more the depth of the team that pushes him down, and it is debatable that he will be down on the fourth line as well. Most have him penciled in on the third line. Remember - this is just one poster's projections .

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote