HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Must productive seasons for the Pack

Old
08-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Having been a Falardeau and Jessiman fan, I must concede to logic. While I have not written these guys off, it is clear that this is a big season for both of them.

For both of these guys to avoid a drop to the nether regions of the Ranger depth chart, they will have to show solid improvement.

For Jessiman: At least 50 points, 25 or more goals.

For Falardeau: At least 40 points. At least 15 goals.

This is the minimum.

A much more clearly defined physical presence from both. These guys have to be relentless hitters, who finish checks, block shots, drive to the net, and generally raise hell on the ice. I'm not saying they have to be dropping the gloves all the time, but they have to be much tougher to play against. Simply put they have size, and they need to use it more.

As I said I've always liked both of them, but clears signs have to point to both their games coming together. I think we will see that.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 07:19 AM
dupont08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Having been a Falardeau and Jessiman fan, I must concede to logic. While I have not written these guys off, it is clear that this is a big season for both of them.

For both of these guys to avoid a drop to the nether regions of the Ranger depth chart, they will have to show solid improvement.

For Jessiman: At least 50 points, 25 or more goals.

For Falardeau: At least 40 points. At least 15 goals.

This is the minimum.

A much more clearly defined physical presence from both. These guys have to be relentless hitters, who finish checks, block shots, drive to the net, and generally raise hell on the ice. I'm not saying they have to be dropping the gloves all the time, but they have to be much tougher to play against. Simply put they have size, and they need to use it more.

As I said I've always liked both of them, but clears signs have to point to both their games coming together. I think we will see that.

A guy like Falardeau might have a future on a team like Ottawa that scores a ton with it's top 2 lines and doesn't need any 4th line player to chip in. Our team isn't built that way. I doubt Falardeau could get 25 points a year in the AHL.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Taz

well he got 22 points in 64 games last season

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote