HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs defensive trio offers

Old
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
John Belushi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovForNorris View Post
I hope you are not being serious.
Markov's an impending UFA, won't be of much value to Vancouver since we have Salo and Krajicek to sign next year as well.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Anksun

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Mo27 View Post
Markov's an impending UFA, won't be of much value to Vancouver since we have Salo and Krajicek to sign next year as well.
Might be true, although if you could get Markov at his current salary, even just for the year, for Matt Cooke...

Then, Matt Cooke would be looooooonnnggggg gone.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:54 PM
hockydude5000

3-way deadline proposal:

To San Jose:
Sheldon Souray (signed to 3 year deal)
Montreal 4rd Rounder 2008

To Detroit:
Evgeni Nabokov
Montreal Forward Prospect
San Jose 3nd rounder 2008

To Montreal:
Robert Lang (Signed to 1 year extension)
Brett Lebda
Detroit 2nd Rounder 2008

Then, one of Montreal's centers would be dealt for another second round pick to make room for the roster, and then both 2nd round picks would get dealt for another defenceman. Both Lang and Souray become UFA, and Nabokov, though a great goalie, is currently loaded with a big, long-term contract. So therefore, it seems like all of the trade values are equal, and it seems to fit the team's needs: for Detroit, a long-term goalie solution and added depth in the prospect pool, for Montreal, a center rental until a prospect develops (Chipchura or another prospect) as well as extra defensive depth in the prospect pool, and for San Jose, a defenseman to help with depth in the playoffs (who would be signed to a long-term deal after the trade).

I guess it's probably a bad trade, but I'd like to see Souray dealt at the deadline to get some value for one of the future UFAs.

Last edited by hockydude5000: 09-01-2006 at 11:50 AM.
hockydude5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Bernier 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockydude5000 View Post
3-way deadline proposal:

To San Jose:
Sheldon Souray
Montreal 4rd Rounder 2008

To Detroit:
Evgeni Nabokov
Montreal Forward Prospect
San Jose 3nd rounder 2008

To Montreal:
Robert Lang
Brett Lebda
Detroit 2nd Rounder 2008

Then, one of Montreal's centers would be dealt for another second round pick to make room for the roster, and then the pick would be dealt for another defenseman.

Both Lang and Souray become UFA, and Nabokov, though a great goalie, is currently loaded with a big, long-term contract. So therefore, it seems like all of the trade values are equal, and it seems to fit the team's needs: for Detroit, a long-term goalie solution and added depth in the prospect pool, for Montreal, a center rental until a prospect develops as well as extra defensive depth in the prospect pool, and for San Jose, a defenseman to help with depth in the playoffs (who would be signed to a long-term deal after the trade).

I guess it's probably a bad trade, but I'd like to see Souray dealt at the deadline to get some value for one of the future UFAs.
I must say, this is one of the best trade proposals that I have seen on these boards. If San Jose gets a young player, better picks or Andrei Markov (Slim chances) instead of Souray, this deal make alot of sense.

Bernier 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier 26 View Post
I must say, this is one of the best trade proposals that I have seen on these boards. If San Jose gets a young player, better picks or Andrei Markov (Slim chances) instead of Souray, this deal make alot of sense.
yes it makes sense for the habs ....
trade one of our best defenseman if not our best defenseman and picks for an impending free agent center that we dont need...
why not that while we're at it.

to San Jose : Souray/Rivet/Markov, Draper, Ryder, MTL 1st round pick if it's not markov

to Detroit: Nabokov,Mike Johnson

to Montreal: Marleau, Fahey, Hudler

btw i know this proposal suck and it was made on purpose.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Lunatik*

To Montreal: Scott Gomez, Andrew Ference

To New Jersey:Matthew Lombardi, Andrei Markov, Calgary 1st

To Calgary: Mike Riberio, Paul Martin

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
To Montreal: Scott Gomez, Andrew Ference

To New Jersey:Matthew Lombardi, Andrei Markov, Calgary 1st

To Calgary: Mike Riberio, Paul Martin
I assume you are a flames fan ! so you must agree with that deal.

as a habs fans I must say that I would hate to loose markov but with a return like that I have no choice to say yes.

now would a devil fan agree ?

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
As much as I like Gomez, trading Markov without getting a #1 D back should simply be unacceptable. And Gomez is also a UFA next summer, don't forget that.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Kordic99

MArkov = Resign

Rivet = Please letthem go... UFA

Souray = Trade him in a package to get a first center, maybe with bonk and Perez

Kordic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Bryzga lol*

They only have to resign Markov..Souray and Rivet are replacable, maybe not next season, but a few years down the road.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Squeaky

Bringing Rivet back probably won't be hard, he wants to get a new deal in place before the end of the season. The guy is a serious team player, which incidentally will make his value much higher to the habs than other teams, so I wouldn't look at trading him.

Markov and Souray are both really important to the habs this year, and I honestly can't see either being traded. Everyone's convinced Souray wants to leave after this contract for some reason, but he's really never said anything to that regard. The rumours of him wanting out were all garbage, I wouldn't be surprised if he was willing to resign, he's been treated pretty well by the habs as an organisation. It is possible he wants out too, but none of us really know. Either way, the habs are trying to be a solid playoff team this year, and losing Souray would be a huge hit to them this year.

Markov is the core of the habs blueline. They cannot afford to lose him. Unless they find a trade that blows them away, I just can't picture him being dealt, he's just too important to the team. They'll probably just end up throwing a large contract at him, to bring him back.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
hockydude5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
yes it makes sense for the habs ....
trade one of our best defenseman if not our best defenseman and picks for an impending free agent center that we dont need...
You missed the fine prints of the deal:

First of all, one of the Habs' centers would get dealt to another team for another second rounder, and both second rounders acquired would get dealt for another defenseman (Souray replacement, signed to a 2 year deal)

hockydude5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I assume you are a flames fan ! so you must agree with that deal.

as a habs fans I must say that I would hate to loose markov but with a return like that I have no choice to say yes.

now would a devil fan agree ?
dont get me wrong i'd rather have Gomez... but fiscally its not really possible...

the deal would save the devils in the neighbourhood of 2.5 million... would improve their blueline slightly IMO... although they would take a hit down the middle... but hopefully the 1st would make that burn a little less...

the habs get a young improving blueliner who is quick at moving the puck and has shown a recent ability to put up points... they also land a #1 playmaking center...

the Flames improve up the middle a little and a little on the blueline... the trade will cost them one of their best young players and would give them no picks until teh 3rd round in teh draft

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote