HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapresse article - Ribeiro power skating/Bulin and Aucoin almost Habs last season

Old
08-30-2006, 07:19 AM
ti-vite

vCash: 500
Lapresse article - Ribeiro power skating/Bulin and Aucoin almost Habs last season

(its in french)

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:29 AM
Strazzobosco

The article's headline sounds like bashing!
"Ribeiro is FASTER"

they mention that he was about to be traded to the Chicago with Theodore and Dagenais for Aucoin and Khabibulin; the day Theodore fell down the stairs...
I wonder if that's true, as they state it as a matter of fact.

Strazzobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:30 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Is Bob fiannly got the best from that punk?

I wish him a great season we need it with Saku not starting the season.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:42 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru123 View Post
they mention that he was about to be traded to the Chicago with Theodore and Dagenais for Aucoin and Khabibulin; the day Theodore fell down the stairs...
I wonder if that's true, as they state it as a matter of fact.
I personnaly have full confidence in Matthias Brunet in that regard. He's not the kind of reporter to say that if it's not true...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Fozz

Lot's of interesting stuff in this article... I didn't know about that Chicago deal but, if true, it does give validity to the rumours about Theodore, Dagenais and Ribeiro concentrating more on partying and womanizing than hockey... With Theo and Dagenais out of here, Ribs lost his wildlife compadres and decided to concentrate on being the best hockey player he can be.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:50 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
Is Bob fiannly got the best from that punk?

I wish him a great season we need it with Saku not starting the season.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 07:54 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Well it's just an assumption, but I seriously doubt he will be able to start the season

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Drive425

I was reading that he was in full contact training a couple of weeks ago. There was also an interview with him and Saku said he might be only 80% when the season starts fitness wise but he would definitely start the season. Something recent come out that he wasn't?

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I personnaly have full confidence in Matthias Brunet in that regard. He's not the kind of reporter to say that if it's not true...
In fact, it was Ron Fournier on CKAC who said that. Because, he's knowing someone who works for sports equipement and that source told him that the Montreal Canadiens ordered sweathers and equipements with the name of Khabibulin and Aucoin.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:25 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
In fact, it was Ron Fournier on CKAC who said that. Because, he's knowing someone who works for sports equipement and that source told him that the Montreal Canadiens ordered sweathers and equipements with the name of Khabibulin and Aucoin.
That doesn't change the fact that Brunet reported it in LaPresse, and if he did it it's because he's sure of his source, Fournier or anybody else.

Old
08-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
Well it's just an assumption, but I seriously doubt he will be able to start the season
Koivu himself says he expects to be ready to go for training camp, nevermind the season. I'm willing to believe him.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:38 AM
MXD

Didn't want to get to Trois Rivieres so he ask his TEACHER to go to Repentigny instead, what a prock...

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:40 AM
THEREW

What i underlined:

"du moins serait-il passé aux Blackhawks de Chicago avec Pierre Dagenais et José Théodore en retour de Nikolai Khabibulin et Adrian Aucoin, l'hiver dernier, si celui-ci ne s'était pas cassé la cheville la veille du jour où on devait annoncer la transaction).....is it true ?...did you guys heard about that?

«Je n'étais pas sûr de vouloir en faire au début."....well that said it all

"il y a moyen d'en faire un patineur rapide. Tout dépend de sa volonté de le faire.»...true

"Il y aura un ajustement normal au début, comme ce fut le cas avec Alex, mais ça sera à moi de bien lire leur style de jeu.»...He understood something really important...promising.

"C'est une année importante pour moi. Je signe des contrats d'un an saison après saison et mon objectif cette année est de connaître une grosse saison de façon à forcer la direction de l'équipe à m'offrir un contrat à long terme.»...Ribeiro is gonna give it all this year...can'y wait to see him on the ice...i can't help but love the guy

See you in june with the cup Mike

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Didn't want to get to Trois Rivieres so he ask his TEACHER to go to Repentigny instead, what a prock...
What difference does it make?

Any reason to bash the guy is a good one, huh?
I'm sure he compensated her more than fairly for the travelling...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Pat

Quote:
I don't want him in my town

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:01 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
du moins serait-il passé aux Blackhawks de Chicago avec Pierre Dagenais et José Théodore en retour de Nikolai Khabibulin et Adrian Aucoin, l'hiver dernier, si celui-ci ne s'était pas cassé la cheville la veille du jour où on devait annoncer la transaction
WOW, I wish he didnt broke his heel we would've Khabibulin and Aucoin DAMNIT!/"(!"!**"!/("!*"!**"!(/*!"

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
AH

That Hawks rumour is bull. We would have taken on something like $5 million in payroll. We were at 37 for the year. There is no way we could have fit that amount. I did the math at the time of teh rumour in Feb and there is no way it was possible.

Fournier is a known rumour mongerer. An equipment manager he knows ... wow .... Eklund is a better source.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
When basically you're on vacations and you have a young kid at home, that's the type of thing I understand.

Old
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
5 man unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
WOW, I wish he didnt broke his heel we would've Khabibulin and Aucoin DAMNIT!/"(!"!**"!/("!*"!**"!(/*!"
First of all, I think They're talking about Aucoin's injury, and not Theo's

Second of all, I'm very happy that this deal didn't go through. Chicago made the biggest mistakes of the free agent season last summer, and we were going to take these mistakes off their hands?

I'm not worried about what we were giving up, but the salaries we would have been taking on, would have screwed us for years.

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Bulin and Aucoin almost Habs last season

In this Mathias Brunet article : http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS he mentionned that the following trade would have been annouced IF Aucoin hadn't broken his ankle the night before:

Theo
Ribs
Dags

for

'Bulin
Aucoin

What do you think of that trade!!!!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
In this Mathias Brunet article : http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS he mentionned that the following trade would have been annouced IF Aucoin hadn't broken his ankle the night before:

Theo
Ribs
Dags

for

'Bulin
Aucoin

What do you think of that trade!!!!
Aucoin or Theo?

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Let's just say if this is true, I'm happy that Theodore got his ankle broken.

Aucoin 4m, Khabi 6m, just awful for what they bring in a salary cap world.

Instead we have a Ribeiro without his distractions (Dagenais and Theodore) centering a second line with Kovalev and Samsonov as his wingers, I have no doubt he'll put at least 65 points. And then we have Aebischer who can take control back if Huet was just a fluke and costs about a third of Khabibulin's contract. This is much better, trust me.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
BORAT

Hmmm ... amazing, just amazing that word :

Volonté

Once again the key '' plague '' word with Ribs throughout his career

does he have the will ... Scott Livingston says no, Claude Julien says no, Skater girl says maybe ...

so who knows

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
znk

only 4 practices in 2 weeks? Bleh. At leas he says he wants to start earlier next year because he liked it. And he now has a good base to work on.

And ***...thank god Theo fell down the stairs...what a horrible trade that would have been. I dont believe it That's nearly 11 million in salaries comming our way. Ah...that sends shivers down my spine.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
That Hawks rumour is bull. We would have taken on something like $5 million in payroll. We were at 37 for the year. There is no way we could have fit that amount. I did the math at the time of teh rumour in Feb and there is no way it was possible.
At the time, though, it would have been pro-rated salaries with part of the season already passed, so it might just have fit under the cap? Maybe?

That said, it's just a bit too cookie-cutter perfect to make sense exactly as written. Our problems for theirs, all of them, in a nice tidy box. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Habs made some inquiries about Aucoin. I also don't doubt that Theodore was shopped to more teams than just Colorado. And I'm sure that if the Habs were angling for Aucoin, and if Theodore's name was ever put forward, then the Hawks would have no choice but to mention that they'd have to be sending Khabibulin back, that only stands to reason. I can see those sets of names being tossed around in discussions. But I just can't see it ever reaching the stage of being a done deal save for the injury.

Anyway, from a fantasy standpoint, thank god such a deal never did happen. It would have crippled us. I can't think of anything much more disastrous that could have happened. The repercussions to our team would have been disastrous. We'd have Khabibulin and Danis in net. (No Aebischer, obviously, and no chance to re-sign Huet). We'd have Aucoin on D but we would have had to let Bouillon walk. We'd have had no room to sign Samsonov. And with a rookie in the lineup in place of Ribeiro, our payroll would still be jammed to the cap at $43.7M. Which is probably too close, so probably the Habs would have elected not to bring in Johnson either. And worst of all, the Aucoin and Khabibulin deals have 3 years left. Almost 12M albatrossic $ per year. Which would have caused more troubles down the road too.

Losing Les Trois Amigoes wouldn't have been a problem, but losing Samsonov, Johnson, Huet, and Bouillon also just to fit the salaries for Aucoin and Khabibulin would have been cataclysmic.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote