HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
  #26
The New Originals
Registered User
 
The New Originals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. Land
Country: United States
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
forget about injuries and everything, but he won't be ahead of Shanny on the PP depth chart and repeating 16 goals on the PP is in serious jeopardy - in fact, he may only see 1/2 that. If he remains a Ranger, I think 25 goals is tops for him.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:30 PM
  #27
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
yeah, it's pretty much the thing to do this offseason. Speculate that Prucha is going to be traded for some odd reason or another

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:56 PM
  #28
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
It's not really an odd reason...

If there's a deal, say, for a young second line center and it would take Prucha or Tyutin to get it done, I can see them being part of that trade. For any 'ol vet? No. While this may be short-term thinking, but the team may very well be pretty adequate at the wing position. I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
  #29
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
a young second line winger for a young second line center?

seems like a sideways move to me, especially with guys like dubinsky in the system and immonen knocking on the door

sideways moves aren't worth the effort IMO

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
  #30
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
I wrote in another thread, but this is what I predict Prucha stats will be this season:

72GP - 29G - 29A - 58P

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
  #31
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
This is one guy who's numbers for the upcoming season are very difficult to predict. I think he could have anywhere between 15 and 40 goals

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 06:18 AM
  #32
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I expect to see Prucha drop potential drop off, or maybe come in about the same rate next year based on what I expect to be a reduced role on the power play. last year he had 16 power play goals, and I would think he might be hard pressed to get 8 if he's not playing with Jagr on the man advantage. There's also some question as to whether he'll be as effective on the right wing as the left...maybe that costs him a couple of goals too.

Overall I'd be expecting a 40-50 point season for him as being a solid one...anything more would be a bonus
Reducing Prucha's PP time would be the dumbest thing you could do. At this point he really is a PP specialist. He's too small to play a lot at even strength. He takes way too many big hits. As I said before. I'd like to see him get the full 2 minutes on the PP and some PK work as well.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 06:59 AM
  #33
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Sideways, perhaps...

I don't get the sense the Rangers' staff is as enamored with Prucha as someone like me, and with the addition of Shanny, and the re-signing of Straka, the two most likely positions for him (either first line or second line winger) have been taken. Yeah, short term, but Sather right now is thinking about the short term, since so many that will be part of the long-term still are not ready. Having Shanny + Prucha is better than what they had last season. But Prucha's coming off a 30 goal, 68 game season in which he averaged 13-14 minutes and had a decent amount of PP time. I won't be convinced of the team's plans for him until the first game, but, it appears that they may not be convinced that he can build on that. With the make-up of this team, he is expendable (and it may become even more evident if Hall becomes the player many believe he can become). I also wouldn't be surprised if Tyutin was traded either (to get off the subject).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 07:44 AM
  #34
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
hmm, who exactly is replacing guys like Prucha or Tyutin if they get traded? Are we just playing the "well there's someone just as good or better coming up the pipeline, so we should trade these guys now while they have value!" game or what?

cuz that's not a smart game to play.

I still haven't seen one halfway decent reason why the Rangers should, or want, to trade Prucha. Or Tyutin. I think people are getting stir crazy during the offseason.

Honestly...Hall making Prucha expendable? It's not that I don't like Hall, but I don't think he'll ever be as good as Prucha was last year. From all accounts, he's a big guy that doesn't play that big, is kind of a slow skater, and hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his 3 or 4 seasons in the league.

Yet somehow he's becoming more valuable than Prucha? (hyperbole) The guy who played with the most passion and guts we've seen on this team besides perhaps Jed Ortmeyer? Who scored 30 goals in a short season and showed a nose for the net that no Ranger rookie has shown in years?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers have some concerns about Prucha staying healthy or something. But having some concerns and "not being enamored" to him are two pretty different things.

If Prucha goes anywhere for anything less than a first line player, I'll be completely irate. And jeez, even the mention of the idea that Shanahan somehow makes Prucha expendable is disgusting. If the Rangers truly think that way, this team is completely screwed and will never see another cup again.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
  #35
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Reducing Prucha's PP time would be the dumbest thing you could do. At this point he really is a PP specialist. He's too small to play a lot at even strength. He takes way too many big hits.
No offense, but again with the utterly ridiculous comment that he is too small to play an even strength. You simply have no basis for this. Even if we split hairs on Gomez's true weight and the size of St. Louis's legs, how is Prucha too small and Gionta not? Is Gionta's 5 more pounds what makes him (in your words) a harder target? Kariya is a whopping 176. Sullivan is being listed as a whopping 155. Do Jason Blake's 10 extra pounds make all that much of a difference? Or Marek Svatos being a whole 5 pounds heavier make that much of a difference?

Calling him a PP specialist is about as erroneous as it gets. What basis can you come up with for calling him that? I am betting that Colarado fans are not calling for their prized, goal scoring rookie to have reduced ES time. Or Nashvile with Sullivan. After all, if Pruch is too small, then Sullivan should not even be in the league and someone like Gionta should be barely surviving.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
  #36
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Levitate...here you go...

First, the Hall comment - here's my quote 'if Hall becomes the player many believe he can become'.

Second, IF the Rangers did get that second line centerman, Cullen plays right wing on the second line, Shanny the left, and the new centerman at center. That's the top two lines all done with.

On the third line, well, it's a third line. The team did pretty well having Betts and Ward and whomever on the third line, and whomever didn't score a lot. With the addition of Cullen, Shanny and the new centerman, net net, you've improved. So that's how Prucha gets replaced. Oh, and on the PP...the first unit will be Shanny, who could get nearly as many minutes as Jagr. With the new centerman, and with Straka on the left and Hall to the right, the second PP unit can survive without Prucha. Again, not saying I want it to, but it's definitely possible.

As for Tyutin...if the Leetch rumors that have resurfaced have any legs, then you have an extra defenseman anyways. Again, I'm not sitting here advocating a trade, but you can sign Leetch and trade Tyutin and go with the other five
defensmen, plus Richter and Pock on defense and the trade may be justified.

I'm sitting here saying that I can see scenarios that could make those guys tradeable. While Sather's taking a long-term view, he's also taking a short term view, and most likely thinks he can improve on what this team did last season.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
  #37
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
First, the Hall comment - here's my quote 'if Hall becomes the player many believe he can become'.
...and what's that? Again, I see nothing about Hall that truly would make him a better player than Prucha. Hell, Prucha is already more physical than Hall. And in my mind it's a pretty big IF that Hall ever becomes as good as Prucha.

Quote:
Second, IF the Rangers did get that second line centerman, Cullen plays right wing on the second line, Shanny the left, and the new centerman at center. That's the top two lines all done with.
I'm not sure why there's this sudden push for a second line center. again, especially considering some of the prospects the Rangers have. Apparently we're back in the business of filling up the roster and not giving our own prospects a chance. Guess we might as well trade Dubinsky and Immonen then...no room for them on this team. Gotta trade to get players like that!

Quote:
On the third line, well, it's a third line. The team did pretty well having Betts and Ward and whomever on the third line, and whomever didn't score a lot. With the addition of Cullen, Shanny and the new centerman, net net, you've improved.
and this is despite Renney saying in the past that he likes Prucha on the third line at times (as much as I disagree with that).

Quote:
Again, I'm not sitting here advocating a trade, but you can sign Leetch and trade Tyutin and go with the other five
defensmen, plus Richter and Pock on defense and the trade may be justified.
cool, so we trade the youngest, best potential defenseman on the roster to make room for a 38 year old. Honestly, any way I look at it that seems stupid. What are we trading Tyutin for? Another second line player? Another one to take a spot away from the prospects that are finally in a position to get a shot? Do the Rangers honestly have the depth right now to trade Tyutin? In my opinion, not at all. Sure they have good defensive prospects, but none that have shown a single thing in the NHL, much less shown the upside that Tyutin has at the NHL level.

Again, I see this stuff as nothing more than sideways moves made for the sake of making a move. Unless Prucha or Tyutin can bring back a legit 1st line player, it's pointless.

Quote:
I'm sitting here saying that I can see scenarios that could make those guys tradeable. While Sather's taking a long-term view, he's also taking a short term view, and most likely thinks he can improve on what this team did last season.
the team is already improved over last year, and these scenarios are just too much speculation to me.

edit: and this on top of the fact that the Rangers have repeatedly stated they wanted to leave a roster spot or so for a rookie to make the team out of training camp.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:52 AM
  #38
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
No offense, but again with the utterly ridiculous comment that he is too small to play an even strength. You simply have no basis for this. Even if we split hairs on Gomez's true weight and the size of St. Louis's legs, how is Prucha too small and Gionta not? Is Gionta's 5 more pounds what makes him (in your words) a harder target? Kariya is a whopping 176. Sullivan is being listed as a whopping 155. Do Jason Blake's 10 extra pounds make all that much of a difference? Or Marek Svatos being a whole 5 pounds heavier make that much of a difference?

Calling him a PP specialist is about as erroneous as it gets. What basis can you come up with for calling him that? I am betting that Colarado fans are not calling for their prized, goal scoring rookie to have reduced ES time. Or Nashvile with Sullivan. After all, if Pruch is too small, then Sullivan should not even be in the league and someone like Gionta should be barely surviving.


I'm not offended because you didn't seem to watch what happened to Prucha last year at even strength and if you told any Lightning fan Prucha was as big as St.Louis they were make fun of you for hours. St. Louis is a work out nut.

You don't want to accept reality and admit that Prucha is a beanpole who stands little chance of staying healthy at full strength. I can see it is pointless to argue this with you. 16 out of his 30 goals were on the PP. That pretty much says he's a PP specialist. When 53% of your goals are scored on the PP that makes you a PP specialist.

When Prucha gets hurt at regular strength again and he will, I'll say I told you so and then be bummed out because our team isn't nearly as good without him.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:58 AM
  #39
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post

When Prucha gets hurt at regular strength again and he will, I'll say I told you so and then be bummed out because our team isn't nearly as good without him.
well thanks for that, Nostradamus08. Really going out on a limb that someday he will get hurt again. cause you know, big players like Lindros, Forsberg, or Primeau never get hurt.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
  #40
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
If there's a deal, say, for a young second line center and it would take Prucha or Tyutin to get it done, I can see them being part of that trade. For any 'ol vet? No. While this may be short-term thinking, but the team may very well be pretty adequate at the wing position. I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Agree Fletch and you made a great point about the organization not being all that high on Prucha. The reason is what I was trying to tell True Blue. He's a beanpole and at 23, it's not a real good sign he hasn't filled out. He might have one of those bodies that can't keep weight on. I don't understand how he is comparing Gomez to him who has about 30 pounds on Prucha and St. Louis and Gionta who are quite stocky and muscular for guys 5'7-5'8

Prucha has NHL skill. He doesn't have an NHL frame. At 23 you have to ask yourself if the kid will ever fill out. Personally, I'd rather sell high on him if possible. If you told me we could do a Prucha and Rosival in a deal for Torres and perhaps a 1 or 2. I'd do it.

Honestly, listening to the Rangers scouts talking about the late Czech picks this year I believe they feel they already have replaced Prucha.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
  #41
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
well thanks for that, Nostradamus08. Really going out on a limb that someday he will get hurt again. cause you know, big players like Lindros, Forsberg, or Primeau never get hurt.
Obviously, you missed the entire point. Please don't chime in unless you understand the discussion. The discussion was not about other big players. It was about one player. Prucha. His slight frame and how it will prevent him from ever being healthy.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:05 AM
  #42
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Honestly, listening to the Rangers scouts talking about the late Czech picks this year I believe they feel they already have replaced Prucha.
Those players are probably 3-5 years away from sniffing the NHL, IF they even pan out.

You're taking an absolutely gigantic leap to assume that the Rangers feel that those guys have replaced Prucha.

They're just talking up their picks, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Obviously, you missed the entire point. Please don't chime in unless you understand the discussion. The discussion was not about other big players. It was about one player. Prucha. His slight frame and how it will prevent him from ever being healthy.
and while I dont' really want to get involved in this whole argument (as I've had it before), I'd just like to point out that what injured Prucha was not anything that had to do with his size. In fact, this always leaves me wonder just what kind of injuries people are expecting Prucha to suffer from being a smaller player.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
  #43
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Those players are probably 3-5 years away from sniffing the NHL, IF they even pan out.

You're taking an absolutely gigantic leap to assume that the Rangers feel that those guys have replaced Prucha.

They're just talking up their picks, plain and simple.



and while I dont' really want to get involved in this whole argument (as I've had it before), I'd just like to point out that what injured Prucha was not anything that had to do with his size. In fact, this always leaves me wonder just what kind of injuries people are expecting Prucha to suffer from being a smaller player.


I agree those newly drafted players are 3 years away. However, I think the point Fletch was making was that management probably doesn't feel Prucha is a core player and is likely to stay healthy as some on this board.

I hope True is right and Prucha plays 80 games and scores 35 to 40 goals. It will help our team a ton. However, at some point, you have to stop looking through tinted glasses and realize what you have with a player. This kid is 23-24 now. He's 160 pounds. That's bad. Maybe he bulked up over the off-season. I haven't heard anything so I probably would think he hasn't.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
  #44
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure they said last year he was 170 or so. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's a bit irrelevant anyways. It's hard to find correct, updated stats.

Well, the Rangers website lists him at 170 at any rate.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
  #45
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
The discussion was not about other big players. It was about one player. Prucha. His slight frame and how it will prevent him from ever being healthy.
Then address the fact that Svatos is only 5 pounds heavier, Gionta is only 5 pounds heavier, Kariya only 6 pounds heavier and Blake a whole 10. Are you telling me that roughly 5 pounds is what is making you feel comfortable with these guys not getting hurt and Prucha not? Not to mention the fact that Sullivan is 15 pounds LIGHTER than Prucha. Address these issues and you can defend your point. Ignoring them does not make your case stronger.
Quote:
He's a beanpole and at 23, it's not a real good sign he hasn't filled out
So it is a bad sign that Pruch has not filled out by this point, but Gionta, who is older, gets no such concern? And if he has not "filled out", then what does it say for Kariya and Sullivan?
Quote:
This kid is 23-24 now. He's 160 pounds.
If you are going to quote listed weight, at least be accurate and quote Prucha's 170 pounds, instead of making him 10 pounds lighter.
Quote:
He doesn't have an NHL frame. At 23 you have to ask yourself if the kid will ever fill out.
Again, how can you state that and ignore Sullivan, Gionta & Svatos? Sullivan is listed as 15 pounds lighter, for goodness sake. And Gionta and Svatos are listed as a whooping 5 pounds heavier.
Quote:
16 out of his 30 goals were on the PP. That pretty much says he's a PP specialist. When 53% of your goals are scored on the PP that makes you a PP specialist.
When you state things like that, you are also completely choosing to ignore the fact that for the majority of the year, Prucha had Blair Betts as his center on the 3rd line. Most of his ES goals came when he played on the 2nd line, when Rucinsky was hurt. A very easy correlation can be made that if he plays more on the top-2 lines with more skilled players, his ES goals will go up.


Last edited by True Blue: 08-31-2006 at 11:47 AM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:49 AM
  #46
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
and while I dont' really want to get involved in this whole argument (as I've had it before), I'd just like to point out that what injured Prucha was not anything that had to do with his size. In fact, this always leaves me wonder just what kind of injuries people are expecting Prucha to suffer from being a smaller player.
Have to agree with that. A player beeing too big defenitly often is suffering a bigger risk of suffering a body related injury then a small player. Someone like Chara might be a exception since he aren't sent flying that often, but if you are 62 230 lbs there is allot of heavy strains on all parts all the time.

I do think that Prucha is somewhat in a riskzone because they way he plays, he doesn't dance around players like a Brian Gionta, or ultimaly Dennis Savard. He sneaks through them... Remember the knee injury he suffred against Philly, I do think that when things are said and done for him about 10 years from now Petr will have had more of thoose and that his body will be pretty darn wearned (sp?) out.

On the other hand that doesn't affect me at all when it comes to his value for the team and the org. I think Pruch have yet another gear to put in. Last season he finnished of extremely efffectivly, held his own defensivly and played solid with the puck all over the ice. Finnishing allways goes up and down, and Prucha will have tough times in that department too for stints, but I do belive that he can take allot more responsibility with the puck all over the ice, kind of like Straka and Nylander did last season taking the puck up ice more. That where his trademark in Europe.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
  #47
dupont08
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Have to agree with that. A player beeing too big defenitly often is suffering a bigger risk of suffering a body related injury then a small player. Someone like Chara might be a exception since he aren't sent flying that often, but if you are 6´2 230 lbs there is allot of heavy strains on all parts all the time.

I do think that Prucha is somewhat in a riskzone because they way he plays, he doesn't dance around players like a Brian Gionta, or ultimaly Dennis Savard. He sneaks through them... Remember the knee injury he suffred against Philly, I do think that when things are said and done for him about 10 years from now Petr will have had more of thoose and that his body will be pretty darn wearned (sp?) out.

On the other hand that doesn't affect me at all when it comes to his value for the team and the org. I think Pruch have yet another gear to put in. Last season he finnished of extremely efffectivly, held his own defensivly and played solid with the puck all over the ice. Finnishing allways goes up and down, and Prucha will have tough times in that department too for stints, but I do belive that he can take allot more responsibility with the puck all over the ice, kind of like Straka and Nylander did last season taking the puck up ice more. That where his trademark in Europe.
Actually, you could make the point his injury was due to his size. A bigger or more muscular player simply would have taken the hit by Stevenson. Prucha because he is so slight tried to jump out of the way. Prucha did that a lot last year. I can remember him jumping away from 5 to 10 hits. I don't see Gionta or St. Louis do that.

dupont08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 11:24 AM
  #48
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Actually, you could make the point his injury was due to his size. A bigger or more muscular player simply would have taken the hit by Stevenson. Prucha because he is so slight tried to jump out of the way. Prucha did that a lot last year. I can remember him jumping away from 5 to 10 hits. I don't see Gionta or St. Louis do that.
uh. Prucha took a lot of hits without jumping out of the way. we've seen a lot of players in the NHL get hurt doing the same thing, and not all of them were small like prucha.

you're kinda reaching here. him jumping out of the way has nothing to do with his size, and he's shown a complete willingness to take a hit in order to make a play again and again.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 11:33 AM
  #49
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Actually, you could make the point his injury was due to his size. A bigger or more muscular player simply would have taken the hit by Stevenson. Prucha because he is so slight tried to jump out of the way. Prucha did that a lot last year. I can remember him jumping away from 5 to 10 hits. I don't see Gionta or St. Louis do that.
Well, for someone who likes to pull the "I watch every game" card, how many NJ and TB games did you watch last year? St. Louis gets his *** handed to him atleast as much as Prucha does (yes, HUGE hits that send him sprawling). The same could be said for a guy like Jason Blake, who has missed a grand total of 14 games over the last 3 years. Gionta takes his fair share of hits as well, although I will admit that out of the 4 guys being discussed he seems to have the best ability to avoid getting destroyed.

Trust me, I have no delusions about Prucha's physical strength. There are many examples of me voicing my concern over the hits he was taking in the game day threads from last year. But the bottom line is that he was injured on a weird play and still had a 30 goal season anyway. There is no reason or basis to claim that he will be injured more this season and that his production will suffer as a result.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
  #50
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont08 View Post
Reducing Prucha's PP time would be the dumbest thing you could do. At this point he really is a PP specialist. He's too small to play a lot at even strength. He takes way too many big hits. As I said before. I'd like to see him get the full 2 minutes on the PP and some PK work as well.
There are few players in the league that get the full 2 minutes of power play time, Jagr being one of them. I don't think you'll find it very likely that Prucha will somehow be awarded that sort of time.

In terms of it being dumb to replace him...it's more a matter of numbers. They added Shanahan...he's going to likely supplant Prucha on the first unit power play. Unless there's some sort of injury or the power play fails over a period of time, I think you'll find that's what happens.

In terms of him not being strong enough to play at even strength...you have to take into account that he still scored 14 goals at even strength, in 68 games, including having to come back from a moderate knee injury. There were only five other forwards on the Rangers who scored more than 14 goals total...and only 3 of those (Jagr - 30, Straka 18 and Nylander 17) had more than he did.

Those numbers don't strike me as someone who struggled to contribute at even strength...

I think you're probably making too much of his size. Players get injured all the time in the NHL, and it's often not related to how big a player is. Take Lindros for example, or Rucinsky last year...or Betts (who missed two more games than Prucha).

I imagine he'll miss some games each year, and he may very well develop into a player that struggles with injuries, but I think it's too soon to extrapolate the one knee injury and his body size into a career that will make him a risk.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.