HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque's a &*(*&(*#&ing *****!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 11:10 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
Laraque's a &*(*&(*#&ing *****!!!!

Forgive me if I am wrong as I did not (could not) watch the game. If I am wrong, I apologize in advance. I only saw the highlights on TSN.ca

Laraque better start getting dirty. I don't know if his hand is healed, but he better start playing a whole lot nastier and scrap that honour sh&*(*t!!! At least, send a message to the other team.

The play I am talking about is that big hit on Hemsky from Gauthier I think in the second. They didn't show any highlites of what ensued. However, I checked the penalties after the game and no penalties near the 10:55 mark of the 2nd period (when Hemsky got hit)

WHAT THE F*(&*(*ING IS LARAQUE DOING? Hemsky is one of more talented players and his play has dropped. I watched the Boston game and he was literally roughed up a lot in that game. The Bruins made sure they made their checks on him whenever they can. I am not defending Hemsky entirely as his play has dropped somewhat, but he is being intimated. I think there was one huge hit too in the Bruins game when he tried to cut across. This is the 2nd time it's happen over a short period where Hemsky tried to make a move and paid the price. This will discourage this player from trying to make a move one on one if Laraque doesn't do itLaraque is paid to ensure that his teamates are protected. Laraque is not the only one to blame. Moreau and Smith should know better and protect him. At least do something, send a message where if something like that happens, the whole team should be going after Gautheir. I knew if we touched Modano, Hatcher in the past would go after us. If we don't start doing this, sending message to the other team that they will pay if they pull a hit like that on our talented players, they will pay dearly.

LARAQUE..IF YOU HEAR ME, U'RE GREAT PERSON..BUT PLEASE LEAVE THAT OFF THE ICE...BETTER START PLAYING NASTY IN THIS GAME...CUZ FRANKLYYOUR GOALS DO NOT COVER YOUR $1.25M SALARY . START BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS LIKE THAT....!!!!!!!

Old
11-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Oiltown16

I dont even remember if Laraque was on the ice at that time, but he did get Gauthiers number, and was looking to fight him the rest of the game but Gautheir wouldn't drop the gloves. He did lay about 5 hits tonight as well, solid hits.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:23 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltown16
I dont even remember if Laraque was on the ice at that time, but he did get Gauthiers number, and was looking to fight him the rest of the game but Gautheir wouldn't drop the gloves. He did lay about 5 hits tonight as well, solid hits.
He challenged Gauthier by the Flames bench late in the second period but Gauther just slashed him and skated away. Coward

Old
11-15-2003, 11:25 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yep, I was satisfied - not pleased or happy, but satisfied with his play. He did as much as he needed to do, but nothing to say, wow, right on Georges! I, too, noticed him trying to teach that puke of a human being Gauthiers a lesson, but he kept skating away, and the fact that Laraque is the best fighter/enforcer in the NHL makes him think that he HAS to play honorably and not force a guy to scrap. I promise you that if he went up to him dropped the gloves and started swinging, that his dance partner would take off his mits and try to fight back - although in vain.

edit:
that's part of the problem with the instigator rule, as that kind of prevents him from doing this as if he wants to stay in the game he can't do that.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:30 PM
OYLer

Laraque even got some PP time tonight! Not sure what that says about our pwer play though!

Old
11-15-2003, 11:33 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yep, I was satisfied - not pleased or happy, but satisfied with his play. He did as much as he needed to do, but nothing to say, wow, right on Georges! I, too, noticed him trying to teach that puke of a human being Gauthiers a lesson, but he kept skating away, and the fact that Laraque is the best fighter/enforcer in the NHL makes him think that he HAS to play honorably and not force a guy to scrap. I promise you that if he went up to him dropped the gloves and started swinging, that his dance partner would take off his mits and try to fight back - although in vain.

edit:
that's part of the problem with the instigator rule, as that kind of prevents him from doing this as if he wants to stay in the game he can't do that.
I'd rather have Hemsky in the game than Laraque instigator or no instigator beat the crud out of him if he takes a run at any of our star players.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:34 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Laraque even got some PP time tonight! Not sure what that says about our pwer play though!
thanx guys..just wanted to know if he's doing his job..yeah..that instigator rule is really taking over the game...I heard on TSN.ca that Orr was suggesting to throw that away..in doing so, it will allow enforcers to do their job and bring respect for each other back into the game.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:54 PM
gb701

if they are really that afraid of the instigator rule, get rid of Laraque altogether and bring in someone who can play....

sorry, that is my rant. But there is a point where you just go, rather than invite. Georges has forgotten that, or MacT has. Either way, he is just taking up a spot in the lineup right now.

Old
11-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Yanner39

First the first time in a long time, Georges was banging bodies last night.

As far as him being on the PP, well the entire 4th line played a shift I think. That sends a message to the PP units to get their heads out of their *****.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:12 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26

edit:
This is Gauthier we are talking about...

He would have tucked his visor against his chin, and covered his head. Laraque gets 5 for fighting, and Gauthier maybe gets 2.

You don't pull that kind of crap in a 1-1 hockey game, against a division rival that you are struggling against.

Come on guys, wake up.... remember, Laraque tried to dummy Gauthier the last game and took a minor penalty and Gauthier skated away.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:57 AM
xauxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb701
if they are really that afraid of the instigator rule, get rid of Laraque altogether and bring in someone who can play....

sorry, that is my rant. But there is a point where you just go, rather than invite. Georges has forgotten that, or MacT has. Either way, he is just taking up a spot in the lineup right now.

I know what you meant by that, but, Sean Brown had done exactly as you expect BG to do and he is now somewhere...Coaches control the players even standing up for the team mates...

Old
11-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Shizuka

I'll also add my thumbs up for what it's worth. Laraque played well last night, and he does have the capability to add another dimension besides beating people up (when he plays like he did, banging and not overhandling the puck). His hand is still not healed and he's naturally reluctant to fight if it's going to set him back again.

The problem, as many people have pointed out, is that Laraque reacts too much and doesn't seem to initiate very often. He has a well earned reputation, and there are few guys willing to drop them with him. They know they can run around taking a few liberties, and just skate away when he comes to have a word. Just look at Gauthier. Laraque won't arbitrarily just come in and start pounding the daylights out of them (although a few may deserve it) because he likes to or wants to. Take a look at Scott Parker or Brashear; they have a serious intimidation factor there, they play mean and like it. It really is too bad that Laraque doesn't have that edge to him but what can you do at this point? He can play well and bring more things to the games than fighting alone. Again, though, like most of our lineup he is inconsistent.

I for one really hope Matt Greene plays as advertised; someone who loves to hit and intimidate the other players. Torres, for all the good he has done so far as a scorer, is not what I was expecting at all. He isn't an agitator. He (so far at least) isn't much of a big hitter either. As much as I dislike the way Gauthier is at times, he's effective. It's too bad we don't have someone like that...

Old
11-16-2003, 11:27 AM
jofa

I'm sorry, but what the hell kind of rant is that. You didn't even see the game and you're calling Laraque a, what was it, "&*(*&(*#&ing *****!!!!" ??? Nice.

Pretty bold statement considering you saw nothing except the stats page. Have a seat tough guy.

Old
11-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Walsher

Laraque was effective tonight and although he was silent fight wise it was clear in his and others post game comments that the Oilers were going to try and avoid getting to wrapped up in the Flames dirtiness and fights. They were successful at that and although they played below average they managed to pull out the win.

Old
11-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Mr Sakich

laraque couldn't do anything stupid last night but....

next time they are up or down by 2 or 3 with 4-5 minutes to go, BG has to go postal as revenge for anything that team has done in the last couple of years. If it is toronto, he goes after tucker. If tucker won't dance, then he goes after sundin.

The point is that he has to put the fear of god into opposing teams. They have to be afraid of the oilers, even if payback will be next year.

Closed Thread